Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Why on earth would Canvas remove the mute button in the grade book.  Any action I need to take that involves searching for procedures and having two screens open, one to follow lengthy instructions, and one to implements said instruction is plain nut...

• 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I could not verify completing the volunteer profile. I finished my profile but could not complete the STEM review member course. The link of verification transfers me to "Survey Monkey" account. The course is stuck at this point.Please help

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just went to edit my final discussion question and I must have hit delete by mistake because it is no longer showing up on my assignments or my discussion. Ten of my twelve students responded to the discussion. Is there any way to restore the discu...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Now that finals are over, how do I see my final course grades?  Can I also see my GPA?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,For English essays that are timed and to be done online, how do I indent paragraphs and do double spacing while typing the body of my essay?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A user on our instance contacted us about not being able to locate the "change password" setting in their profile edit settings page. (for reference, see How do I change my login password as a student? ). I masqueraded as the student and, indeed, I a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I enrolled in my courses around 2 weeks ago and still cant see them, only the overall course for my degree. I know in blackboard as soon as you enroll it comes up, is this the same with canvas? Also I can't search them, when I look for other courses ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add extra credit to a weighted total?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Even the website is just text. Blechh. I know you're going to point me to the designer link, but that just bounces me over to the same list of topics that appear for instructors. A list? Really? That's how you show your stuff? This puts me to sleep. ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm working with someone who imported a 90-question quiz in New Quizzes.  However, the students can only see the first 50 questions.  As a teacher, and in preview mode, I can see all 90.  In Speedgrader, they can see all 90 and the last 40 for every ...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It will not allow me to open the course or to add to the courses menu (I assume until 1/6/2020, the course start date). How do I get into the course to continue to build it?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!How do I change the number of points a quiz is worth? The quiz is already published and I assigned grades. See screenshot below - top right. I need the Points to be 10, not 0. Thanks.

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

If you discover a question was not a good question to ask, is there a way to add the point back in for all students without manually going in and changing everyone's grade?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think students still cannot see the grading scheme associated with a course, and this is not a best practice for an LMS - students should be provided with the scheme so they can aim for the letter grade they wish to achieve.  The information is the...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HulloI am leaving the university and would like to download my files from my courses but many of the courses are not allowing me to download or delete files. Also I was advised to import a course, however, I have no information how to open the file. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I import a previous course to a new semester?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who should I direct my questions to regarding instUI?  I am able to use the boiler plate create-react-app and post to localhost:3000. However when I try to use creating a starter app from instructure-ui : UI libraries made by Instructure Inc. (6.15.0...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get my PD hours when I complete an online course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student is accidentally removed from a course, can they be retrieved including any assignments they have uploaded?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear All, John here – new to Canvas and this community and looking for some help understanding how to integrate use of Quizzes, Outcomes and Learning Mastery in Grades. Please find below a detailed description of what I have done (Steps 1-8) and the ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I moved a quiz from "graded" to "not graded" and all the scores went blank.  Is there a way to recover the grades?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I make the syllabus visible to students?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am considering using a "smart pen" (like the echo livescribe pen) for taking my notes, so my students can both see my notes and also listen to the video of the lecture.Ideally, I'd like to post these notes on Canvas for my students to access.Has...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Last night I was taking Quizzes for a class that were access code protected, i had the correct access code and was able to take one quiz. the next day in an attempt to take another quiz (that uses the same access code) I was not able to do so and one...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I submit final grades for the dean?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I write a question on a quiz?  It is not letting write on the screen once I enter en quiz details and I go the questions, I go to add a question and the box opens but it doesn't allow me to write in it.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hello,I missed the first assignment deadline, so the course after has been locked and also I can’t upload the assignment after. Could you tell me how to cope with the problem? Thank you. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I lost my paperwork that I received when I first begin school to receive my associates. My question is what am I actually receiving my associates in?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies