Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I remove roll call attendance from grades

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to give my assignments and Module a "percentage" for Grading (i.e. Quizzes = 25%, Homework=15%, Class projects= 35%, etc.) - I can not find the place to enter this data for grading purposes. I've looked in the Canvas guide and am unable t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In our previous LMS platform, there was an option for quizzes where when the due date and time occurred it would pull all answers that student previously completed and submit it for their grade. This was very helpful for when students forget to hit S...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ah, it's that time of year when all the gradebook questions start pouring into my office I've done some researching on this in the Community. I was sad to see a couple good ideas around "Total", "Current Score" and "Final Score" archived as I think t...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi canvas fam,Does anyone know how to set up pathing within a quiz. So for instance:Question with yes or noyes - automatically go to Question 2no - automatically go to Question 3

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have my classes cross-listed. Just recently, I can only see one of three sections in speedgrader. What can I do to fix this? Thank you! 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I am trying to embed a page from Canva.com to use as my homepage. It needs to be embedded and cannot be a jpg or png because it includes links. I have tried using their embed code, but it doesn't work. Neither does putting it into an iframe. Is...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the course photo that students see on their dashboard?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am struggling to find a good  suitable reference for Gibbs' Model ofReflection

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please tell me how to extend the exam time to 1.5 longer for one single student? Thank you, Kaya Ford

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hur aktiverar jag meddelanden och quiz?Translation from Google Translate: How do I enable messages and quizzes?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I copy or move a video file from the "Files" section into Panopto?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the question title says - if the tutor is an art teacher and has taken photographs of everyone's work and wants to upload them all - is there a faster way of doing it than going in to each students account one at a time?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,When taking attendance, one of our professors  has marked the students who are present – but did not mark the students who did not attend as absent. The attendance report shows 100% attendance which is not the case.  Is there a quick way to adj...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students find my inline comments in assignments? Some of them only seen the sidebar comments. I know there is a student guide about this but it seems to be all about sidebar comments. My students need to know: 1. how to find my annotations/co...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have successfully added the Data Services to my Canvas admin menu. However, when I click on it, the screen keeps refreshing and will not display the content. I'm using MacBook Pro running Mojave. Does anyone have any idea if there is some plug-in I...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi Canvas brains trust,One of our teachers is experiencing a strange problem when they try to masquerade as a colleague. Perhaps someone can explain what's going wrong.The two teachers have identical account admin permissions (I have checked this man...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In Speedgrader, on some assignments, the comment tools will not appear; this seems to happen one out of every 20-30 uploaded assignments-- I can't find a way to remedy this.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to request some functionality be added to Canvas if it doesn't already do these things.1. When creating a quiz, which we use to automate some of our assessment tasks, we would love to be able to allocate each question to an outcome. So, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get an email notification when a participant posts a question?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to make a users do a quiz before they can see other courses or content in Canvas? How to make a quiz a compulsory activity in a course before they see any other modules and pages, etc?We are looking to make our trainers do a quiz and pass it befo...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to weight categories (Modules) Quiz = 20%, Assignments = 45%, etc.?Gary B

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make a review that contains all of the questions from the quizzes this semester. I started the semester making quizzes in the old format and then switched to the new format. Is there a way to put the quizzes from the old format into a ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make everything I set up in Canvas to publish visible to my students? How do I kill the eyeball w the slash?#disablevisablityeyeball

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do i extend the deadline for submission of an assignment for one student?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On the 'grade' page, what does the symbol mean that, when you hover over it, it says "Click to test a different score"?? I don't want to click it and find out it zapped out my already completed assignment. Thanks

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, How do i print the results of a quiz  with the graph charts?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I have 3 sections of one course, and would like to hold a review session simultaneously. Is this possible in Canvas? I could use Zoom, but it limits me to 40 minutes for more than 3 participants.Thanks so much!

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In your organization, are your Instructional Designers considered faculty or staff as their primary designation?  I know many IDs also teach, so I'm not considering that ancillary function in my question, but rather is the primary job function of an ...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies