Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My teachers have been uploading a lot of new things but my canvas hasn't been loading this year and i cannot access anything from it. Everyone else in my classes are getting the information just fine but my account isn't letting me access anything ev...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I would like to generate a certificate of completion for teacher PD training I have developed in Canvas.  Unfortunately, all I can find are instructions for Canvas Catalogue.  I use the VetTrak SMS and enrol my students from that system, not Ca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-20-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Neither students nor teachers can join my class (or make their account) with the join code provided. Error always reads "invalid code" (and it is not being typed in wrong... its copy/paste).Yet I can join my own class as a student and do not have aut...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I  was working within my Canvas course and the student information system known as Genius. Inadvertently, I shrunk my screen size and cannot restore it to normal. Using a MacBook Pro laptop. Help please as I am sure there are some keyboard shortcuts ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to cross off assignments on the calendar? Some of them do it by default, like quizzes, ut the other assignments don't.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why doesn't my canvas work?  It keeps saying Post DATA, and the page does not load.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who can explain to me why some of these buttons are grey (right side of screen-unpublished) and why I can't see the ones that are published -( green) . I was able to see them both; now I can't.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to access My Lab and Mastering for Nutrition 152 on my IOS Device. When I go to the app and try to click on the My Lab and Mastering link, nothing happens.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm sure this is very simple, but I can't seem to figure out how to display student last names in my inbox.  It is difficult to determine which student is messaging me when I have multiple people with the same first name.  Does anyone know that setti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

plz help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How soon will we be able to click and drop assignments into multiple classes? It is tedious and time-consuming to remake an assignment after making it once. In my former LMS we could click on multiple sections for the same course and upload the assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In grading assignments for different classes, some assignments offer the options to either Send comment to this student only, or Send comment to the whole group. Some of my other classes simply show the statement "All comments are sent to the whole g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a completed Word document assignment so my instructor can view it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an urgent issue. I coordinate TCHE2491 and TCHE2514... The same courses taught at different campuses. TCHE2491 is the parent... 2514 is meant to be the mirror image... I now cannot see 2514... BUT 2491 has the full list of students. The studen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't see modules on my canvas anymore...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I click on an assignment nothing shows up, and it sends me back to the home page. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my Front Page the Home Page?  They are close to identical except the title and how the photos fit the space.  THe Front Page looks so much more impressive.  Can I just "duplicate" the Front Page?  Can I get rid of the Home Page if it's ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking on my canvas and looking at my courses, however I am unable to find the assignment tab. Does that mean that the assignment has not been posted yet?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I find an uploaded word file

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does the Submission types box disappear when we select Not graded? For competency based courses I want the student be able to submit their assignment, get it marked and then just look at the ungraded rubric and see if they are 'Satisfactory' or '...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In previous years, I've posted required readings as PDFs under Assignments by inserting links to course files directly into the text of my typed instructions. These have always been accessible right away to students, without my having to do anything ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

This is a followup to "Assignment Override via Canvas API", posted a week ago.I've gone back and forth with Canvas Support and they say that assignment overrides via the API will NOT work, because "they may negatively affect user visibility."BUT, the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do post my name and photo onto a course student list

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas on shows up with blank screens when I try to doing any class work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

LTI link is where?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have numerous hyperlinks embedded in my PowerPoint presentations that don't work when the PPT is converted to video. Is there a way to pause the video and make the hyperlink work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my Modules page, added page titles are being assigned a number. See the image below. The "-2" at the end of the first page title "NOLS| Step Forward..."I have gone back and edited each title to delete those numbers but they are automatically added...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My SIS import is running and giving me error that USER ID cannot be found under enrollment file.  I tried to run Provisioning report on Users.csv to included deleted objects but did not found deleted user that way.  Any other way to found out who is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there any way to have the Rubric screen as the default screen in SpeedGrader?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using the API: GET /api/v1/coursesThe API is returning a subset of my courses, and I can't determine why. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm a teacher, student or observer. I am wanting a list of all classes where I am a teacher, regardless o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies