Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

MY quiz shows a lock symbol. the quiz is due soon and I need help! I only see the answer options, not the pic.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I wasn't able to find this question already in the community. When grading a discussion in SpeedGrader, is it possible to pull the instructors response/activity into the Speedgrader window?If not, where is the best place to post this is an ide...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Whenever a student sends an email I receive the email notification twice. How can I correct this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I accidentally deleted a Perusall assignment that my students are in the middle of and I really need to restore it. I tried the /undelete trick that works for Canvas but with no luck. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

none of my classes are showing up on my dashboard and any class that I click on just shows a blank page without any of the needed information for the course, what can I do about this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

for instance the calendar does not load, nor does the dashboard, sometimes the reply box does not load or the submit button

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used to be able to see the week dates on the to do list on the card view but they are gone, now it only says the day. How can I get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a Blog on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-11-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

#I have named the course and cannot find to add assignments to the course.  or add modules to the course to start adding assignments.  Thanks 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our institution currently syncs nightly to our SIS because we haven't found a way to run an athletics report in Canvas. I've heard that there are universities that do this. Is there someone who has experience with this that could help me transition t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to have a Canvas discussion, but I need students to be able to attach a Googe Doc of their writing assignment so that others can access and give feedback as part of the discussion.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I contact the LACCD Web Master?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am very new to this. What is a module? Is it a course I would teach?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My colleague who is also teaching this course is showing up as a student in one of my classes...need help putting her in your 'right position'...LOL! Thanx! Sandy

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can access all of my course materials on the app on my phone, but when I try using my laptop the course will not show up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am using Canvas for school, and my dashboard does not seem to load at all. I have reloaded my page and restarted my laptop but nothing seems to be working. What can I do to resolve this issue? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I upload everything for a students weekly homework in one assignments tab. Notes, a powerpoint, and questions to go with the notes (this is what I want them to fill in and submit on canvas). I have uploaded them all using links with Rich content edit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I do not have a blue submit button to upload my assignments. Can you help me please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 3 lab sections and I am wondering if there is a more efficient way of posting assignments across the 3 labs w/o having to enter them individually to each section. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I create a quiz with 10 formula-type questions. I set a time limit of 60 minutes, set the quiz to deliver the questions one-at-a-time, and give students one attempt. Most students start and finish during class. The challenge: I have a handful of stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to create a totally new course on Canvas i.e. a module (in university terms) which is beginning completely anew this term, and so didn't exist on Blackboard previously.How to do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach personal finance.  I have 2 semester classes S1 and S2 that appear on canvas.  All of the other students are in one large group.   How do I separate them into their respective times?  2A, 4A, 1B, 2B.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas on my Mac will not load. It works on my phone and home desktop, but suddenly stopped working on my laptop. Can someone please help me in fixing this???:( 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My Files is organized by folders, i.e Lectures, icons, Profile Pics, etc. Is there a way to link a document to items in My Files, instead of Course Files? I only see the option to pull from Course Files. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a student from a course? I'm following the directions given to me by our IT person, but I'm not seeing some things he's referencing. He said to click on the student's row, click the menu and then choose remove. However, i do not see a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the past, I have been able to lock an assignment until I have finished grading all of my students' work.  How can I do that now?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send emails to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I discovered a parent's question by chance.  How do I know a parent is communicating with me?  This parent's question did not appear in my school email.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What it means when you try to open an import common resources and it says could not find valid settings for the link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to filter students by section when grading?  Three classes are in one dashboard tile which alphabetizes all rosters into one list. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies