Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a class that starts on Monday. It says the course is published but it is greyed out and I can't do anything with it. Help?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import a small portion of another Canvas course?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to know who has started my course, and it seems the 'pending' logo is there under People as the invitation to accept the course. However, some students seem to still have the pending logo but then notice they have spent time already working ...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get a discussion question I've included in a Module to also show up on the Discussions page?GJ SmithUniversity of Colorado Denvergregory.2.smith@ucdenver.edu

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get my view to be the same as my students?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i have logged on everyday to do my peer review but the only thing it says isPlease provide helpful, useful and thoughtful commentary AND fill out the grading rubric. Here is a link with some instructions to access the rubric:https://community.canvasl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

You should be able to hide all grades before posting one grade in the new gradebook. I preferred the way "Mute assignment" used to work. The new hiding is really not that great.

• 19 Likes
  • 24 Replies

I've used different bowers and even attempted using my mobile device with no luck each having the same issue, so could this be an upload speed issue or file issue ?  

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I unhighlight an area while grading?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After you write a lengthy comment and then you get an error message and the comment totally disappears, is there any way to retrieve it?  This has been happening regularly and is very, very frustrating.Thanks,Kathy

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I upload all the answers to a quiz in an Excel spreadsheet?  

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I am interested to see what people are doing to manage Canvas changes and notifying faculty of these changes. For instance, do you review the Canvas release notes, cull what you think is relevent to your campus and place these on a blog that is...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I've been tasked to find a better solution than to verify one course at a time if it has a Syllabus exists.  I would like to do this per term.  I've been told that it can be accomplished using a JSON script with powershell, but I have no exper...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,I have a student that submitted an assignment into the wrong assignment. How do I remove it?Best,Tonya

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I delete a student's submission from Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I try to access Zoom in my Canvas class, it asks me to authorize. When I click on authorize I get this message: Could not identify oauth state parameter. (4,700)What should I do to get access?Liz BurkhardtBYUI instructor

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm sure there are many examples of how this could be useful--here is one example:A course's grades are divided into two main groups with associated weighting: Theory (60%) and Practice (40%).Theory is divided into subgroups: Assignments (40%), Discu...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have been having an issue with an assignment's grades staying hidden. We enabled "Hide Grades" yesterday and then today the grades were visible, even though nobody changed this setting.The crossed out eye is on the assignment in the grading center...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I want to add a rubric I created in one course section into different course section, rather than having to recreate it in the second section. Can I do this without resorting to Institutional Level rubric sharing? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello concern,I'm not able to add course name even if I'm supplying name of course in the create course POST API, with name argument.Below is the request paramsURL : https://canvas.instructure.com/api/v1/accounts/81259/coursesMethod: POSTData (type: ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,[edit: it seems the question didn't get added so I have added it below here. Thank you for the good answer anyhow but for completion here comes the fully formulated question.]We have a distance course that is based on modules. The course has th...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit a student's name?  The Canvas Guide tells me to click on the Admin link, but I do not have an Admin link.

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A colleague mentioned the following: he made several assignments but these are no longer visible in the gradebook. A few days ago this was still the case. When he makes an export he does get to see all the assignments and grades. NB. Grade posting po...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

my canvas doesn't working on the computer, but it is working on my phone? 

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a 3:20 EDT meting with Angelo on Friday, September 27.  when I open Zoom on my desktop, how will I find Angelo's meeting to enter?my email is bostnbilly@gmail.com

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I receive a message that says my browser needs to be updated. Will this interfere with me sending homework assignments via my dashboard? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We're seeing really weird behavior around our Mastery Paths that are specifically in Blueprint-linked Courses.It started off when we pushed out a change to a Mastery Path condition on a quiz from the blueprint to linked courses.  Students who had pre...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my student's told me she did not have a zoom link on her home page for my class.  As the teacher, I have a link that says Zoom on the left side of my home page (Under People and Contact List).  Do students not have this link?  If not what is t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, Is there a way to add images to the assignment names that show up in the grade list? I'm trying to associate each assignment in a course with a visual cue, and it seems like a long shot, but I was hoping that I could pair the image with the n...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way that student's can see the other student's in the class email addresses so they can connect with each other?  I know I have access to that but am not sure if the student's can see each other's email addresses...Thanks!Stephanie

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies