Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, im not sure if I'm in the right place, but when I try to access my canvas through chrome I am able to get into my account but I don't have access to any files or assignments. I followed the directions below but to no avail. I need to know what...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trouble Publishing ModulesEach student in my Human Physiology Lab is required to read and accept a Safety Agreement detailing the proper use of lab materials and methods. Students cannot receive a grade for the course until they have accepted the saf...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I selected my front page--from pages listI selected my homepagemodules keeps appearing no matter how many times go through the steps.Steps I took to troubleshoot:made sure the browser was updatedI cleared the cache.changed browserslogged out and logg...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HiI am trying to sync to PowerSchool.  I keep getting error message that the grading category is missing.  See picCan you help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I logged into my canvas and once I get to the dashboard nothing pops up. I cant get to my assignments at all. What should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am running student council elections through Canvas. Students can select 0, 1, or 2 candidates for each class representative position. I currently have these elections set up as ungraded surveys with a multiple answer question. Is there a way to li...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a Digital Coach for my school and am helping other teachers to incorporate Canvas into their instructional practices. Recently I have had the same question/concept come up for discussion and I want to know if there is a more effective way to do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,For those of you using a script to upload courses, sections, etc. files to Canvas's SFTP servers: Would anyone be willing to share a script they've set up (obviously w/ the creds redacted)? Our previous LMS set this up for us but their impleme...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hey folks! Do any of y'all know exactly where a display name will actually show up? The Canvas Guide documentation I found reads "Display Name is what other users will see in discussions, announcements, etc." But that's, well, pretty darn unhelpful, ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible to sort the "Links" section of one's "Profile" page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In discussions for my online classes, I use an approach that I think is fairly standard:  Students respond to my prompt and then comment on the responses of two other students.  I have set it up so that a student must reply to my prompt before seeing...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey does anybody know what to do when a less will not let you past it even when you have finished it? Please let me know soon. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get a read aloud feature for tests and quizzes?  I know I've done it before (I think it was speak it, but not sure) but it was years ago.Carrie Jorgensoncarrie.jorgenson@ucps.k12.nc.us

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I assign students into different groups for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a student submits assignment using Google, I am seeing this error message:drive.google.com refused to connect. I am unable to view and grade assignmentCan you tell me what's happening and how to fix?Thanks,Gena

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings,We're trying to develop a v1.3 LTI tool that utilizes the Names and Roles Provisioning Service. When we query the api URL, the result we get for user_id does not seem to be as expected...We're getting a format like this: 6f9ee147-ed91-418e-...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

When I am looking at the grade view it appears that I haven't graded any students' submissions for certain assignments (see the screenshot), but when I click on an individual assignment, it shows that I have graded it (see second screenshot). Is ther...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-11-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I need assistance in fixing the third party cookies. Is it an Mac issue or a Canvas issue? I need to use the app and it won't let me. #kultura #cookies third-party 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

C

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to put a password on a module so that only people with the password can access that? Or is there a way to make certain people observers of the canvas page so they can't access certain documents? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just made my onramps account and it not letting me choose an course all it say im not enrolled I tried to find the courses but they are not showing

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas site is not allowing me to access course information. I see my classes listed but not as icons. When I click on the choices for each class such as assignments I get no information and my screen is blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I find this group system in canvas rather counter intuitive and tedious to use. I tried to have the students make groups themselves but the only groups they were able to form were so called "student groups" which I for some strange reason cant even g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I log onto my Canvas the Physio box is flash and I can't access the class files or anything. It won't let me even sign out. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using firefox to get access to canvas.  I get in but am unable to access the calendar or any notifications/emails sent to me.  I am unsure what to do next?Lesa

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to submit my work on the canvas website and there is no link for submission. On the app there is, but all my work is on my computer. I would like to upload it from my PC. Can you please help me find the way to upload my work on my compute...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to make a 'page' in Canvas available to an individual student ahead of when the rest of the students would have access - before I would otherwise publish it?  Would an assignment posted on that page also be available at an earlier date...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What I am trying to find is where I go to find the required texts, reading requirements for each class etc. for the courses I am taking but 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When accessing webcourses, I can not see the material that is uploaded by my professors. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My company has developed two certifications. In the past, we had them in webinar formats and somewhat disjointed. We are in the process of bringing everything in Canvas as a course and making it so that students can go at their own pace. Each section...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies