Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

hi, I'm grading an online quiz and have some questions. I let a student retake a portion of the quiz, but want to be able to access his old quiz, to compare them.  How do I locate the old quiz?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you download a class roster into excel?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When I log into canvas and click on the different links I do not see the assignments or course schedule. The pages are blank. How can I fix this problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied a course and made sure it started Sept. 5, 2019.  I clicked "adjust dates" for assignments, as I have done in the past.  Yet, deadlines are showing the following school year, 2020-21. Advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

None of my current classes are being shown on my dashboard, and when I do manage to get to a specific class's page  none of the files or documents associated with the class pop up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I grade a quizzes by question rather than student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

can you save assignment before submitting it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

What is the difference between a practice quiz and a graded quiz? I need to see what the students score but I am giving a pre assessment and do not want to count it as a grade.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the process of a student being able to receive Canvas notifications?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Second day I don't have access to the Canvas dashboard.  My class icons just blink. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HejCan the students make registration on their Attendance by themselves for every lecture?If yes, please advice the process how to make thisMvhWeihong

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use student work for research and assessment purposes. How can I access their papers from the Spring 2018 semester for comparison to the Spring 2019 semester's work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I run a distance course in basic music theory, in which there are only instructional animated videos followed by a series of practice quizzes, divided to progressive modules. I did set prerequisites on modules to make sure that the students only prog...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students will make a project with different topics, which the students should sign up for. Each topic should only be available for one student. Is there any way to solve this in Canvas.In our previous system, I solved this by creating groups limit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I just finished a assignment but now I can't send it in because I can't find the submit button thats suppose to be in the right corner. If I open canvas through my cellphone browser i can subject things but I need to submit it through my laptop since...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I get System admin level support for self hosted Canvas ?I have an issue with the RCE-Server I need help with.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I move or copy a module from one course o another?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't see my course anywhere. Can anyone help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I login to canvas, the dashboard page is blank or the corse cards are flickering between white and gray. Like they are loading but nothing comes up. I can't even click on the course card to take me to my classes. Then, once I am in my courses, t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I download essay answers from a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Observers paired with students in my course are not getting email notifications when there's a new announcement, despite having their notification settings set to receive them immediately.  Is this fixable?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to prevent students from downloading the PDFs I have posted on my Class pages? I would like my classes to have screen access to these PDFs, but not downloading / saving permissions (I'm planning to use PDFs for multiple years)Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas courses are still acting like they haven't been published.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I link an article to a discussion post for an online class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete or rename folders in the sections "files"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I logged into my canvas account and clicked on courses and nothing comes up. And I have an assignment to complete HELP

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have not found any way to have my discussion modules on my front page indicate that new posts from students have been submitted.  This is a major annoyance.  Is there no functionality for this?  We moved to Canvas from Moodle and this feature was v...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to load my dashboard on canvas the courses don't come up it is just grey boxes. I also cannot access my files/syllabus for some classes. I do not have this issue on the app on my phone. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I sync it fails stating that "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined"Anyone know what this means?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can i found out who is in one of my classes

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies