Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Has anyone developed an API call that would provide some accessibility information about a course?  Such as captioned videos, accessible documents (Word, PDF), images (alt text), etc?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all, relative newbie to Canvas here, after several years using other VLEs in various roles. I'm looking to replicate something I used a lot in Moodle: an announcements panel that can be locked onto everyone's dashboard so that on login they see th...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can Canvas be integrated with CRM systems like Zoho and Salesforce? Can the student details be mutually transmitted between the 2 systems?

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I would very much like to see the full course-title, when I choose a course to send a message via INBOX, is that possible?thanks,Jeppe

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

hello,how to send a reminder for a due assignment on Canvas?with thanks,Joelle

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My class starts tomorrow, although as of right now my class is not shown on the Canvas page. Will it show tomorrow, or is should it be up right now?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My dashboard is just gray, flashing blocks and I can't get to my courses through there. I can get to my courses through the "courses" tab but when I try to go to different assignments, most of the them are blank. My discussions will load the discussi...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas app will not work due to iOS updates on iPhone. Apple is zero help...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

my class on canvas isn't showing up on my dashboard, the class started in august and one day while I was doing homework it disappeared. its been 2 weeks and no ones been able to help me. does anyone know why?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I had students submit an assignment using a the text box.  I want to grade and annotate the assignment but when I open the speedgrader I do not have the ability to.  Any help on how to do this?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you enter a grade scale?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up go to training in canvas for my students as an instructor?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help looking for my student (.edu) email. I can find my email section that leads to my personal email, but I'm not sure where I can find my student (.edu) email. Thanks.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

after you submit an assignment, how long do you have to wait for your results?  Thank you

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Moving from Blackboard to Canvas...We are looking at:Plagiarism tools (Turnitin, Unicheck),Accessibiility (UDOIT and Ally),Conferencing (Collaborate, Big Blue button, BBB with subscription, Zoom) Media (Kaltura, Studio)Proctoring (Respondus, maybe Pr...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In the past students could use MS Office free. How do I find that if it is still available?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a calendar with time slots for my students to book 1:1 telephone slots with me

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Alongside my two previous topics, the new Canvas update has turned all quizzes into blank screens, making me completely unable to work on them; due to the quizzes being timed for 20 minutes, this is directly harming my grade with no way to fix it. Th...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As well as not being able to respond to discussions, all assignments that I try to open result in a blank screen when going to the assignments page, leaving me unable to work on any of my work. This is VERY detrimental and needs to be fixed ASAP. Bef...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't see my dashboard which keep flickering. I thought it was loading data but nothing came up. Also, when I get access to each course page, contents do not show up properly. I already checked recent version of Chrome and guessing CANVAS is upgrad...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,When I click into Discussions page, it doesn't show any content even though my instructor has already added the assignment in the Discussions Page:And if I click from the module, it says Loading replies... although the top says 5 replies. Pleas...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An embedded video in an assignment is no longer live. How do I delete it?

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have done all suggested and and I am using a MAC computer which is  compatible with Canvas and still nothing. Really really don't know what to do - is there a help line where I can speak to someone and they can talk me through what I am doing wrong...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI am really struggling to access my course materials. Help!!!  This is all very confusing!!!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my classes is not showing on my dashboard or in  all courses ?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to be pointed in the right direction, as far as what document would explain this.  I missed where this was somewhere 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have tried adding a contact method, but only SMS and email show up. and I no longer have the option to have push notifications on my pathway portal settings.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I happened to be reading about new and upcoming changes in Canvas.  I came across the news for the new Rich Content Editor (see below).  Is there.some kind of change that I need to make as an admin?  Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies