Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The category "Files" is missing from my students' view of Canvas for my class. How do I add some categories on the left side of the page that are not visible now? Like "Files"?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to reset a quiz for a student who mistakenly entered the quiz and did not do it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can't get the quiz to start, what good be the problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have two students in my class with exactly the same first and last name. Is there a way to distinguish the students in either the Gradebook or, especially, SpeedGrader. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep receiving the error message "Grading Category missing for assignment" when I try to sync to PowerSchool. I have recreated all of my grading categories in Canvas and made sure they match those in PowerTeacher Pro exactly. It seems like I had th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have students who need extra time for quizzes and I have set these individually for each student for each quiz. Is there a more efficient method of providing extra time for all the quizzes in a course for a student rather than adjusting each separa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am attempting to upload PPTs into a module but get error messages frequently. The files are not large but it says "Failure to Create New Item" when I attempt to attach/add the PPT.  This doesn't happen with all but some PPTs.  Thanks in advance!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view letters in Canvas? They are showing up blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I group students into teams where if one student grade changes the rest also changes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My professor said this information is on the home page and in the first lecture, but I cannot locate anywhere. Can anyone help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hur hittar studenterna Office 365 via Canvas?Det här meddelandet har översatts med Google Translate.Message: How do students find Office 365 via Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I hope all is well.Under Attendance, I would like to use the option to take roll. But I need certain students to be able to upload file on my behalf. What role can I give those student that will give them the ability to on the roster and give t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete students that are no longer in my class?  They were not in there long enough to receive a grade. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to do my assignments on my dashboard, but it hasn't been working. I have tried to find a help line but its not actually helping. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot seem to find a way to show the course code including section when doing imports. We use a master course and A-F for sections and faculty cannot differentiate the courses with the same name when importing between semesters. Does anyone have a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Canvas,This is Anas Zain. I'm facing a problem with module 2 part 2.16a.It doesn't let me type anything in the box section. P.S: I tried search for solutions to fix the problem and I checked the questions and answers section but I couldn't find...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,  I need to find out where and how do I access DeVry Career Services/Career Services Resources?  Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, how can I move a question from a quiz to another?  THANK YOU!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having difficulty connecting to my LinkedIn profile, accepts my credentials and I allow connection, can see infrastructure canvas in my LinkedIn permitted services but still says 'authorization failed' on my canvas profile please can you assist

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to sort the names of our students by lastname? The Buddycheck feature automatically sorts students by frontname but this is really not usefull.Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My subject wont load on Canvas at all and I have no access to anything, help me ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas isn't showing the dashboard it's blinking, no option to submit an assignment. Clicking the help button takes me directly to this website. I updated safari and nothing. I have assignments overdue. Help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've used OneNote for homework problems but cant upload it to Canvas in Modules under submit assignment. Can anyone help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble accessing my assignment folder. It is showing up as a blank page even though it shouldn't because I know I have an assignment in there that I should be able to click on.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot make a post or reply to any post. There is also no reply button when I start to type a discussion. Everything is blank. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just getting my head around the system. Can you set up marking guides in the trainer portal to check against student responses? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have been making quizzes using my questions banks (multiple choice and short response), but some of the sort response questions are out of different marks and these are not able to be brought across. I am able to make them all out of 1 or 5 etc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 6 classes and for the past week, the class boxes have been blank and haven't allowed me to see or click on my classes. This only happens when I use my laptop to log into canvas, but it works fine on the app.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to subscribe to my Canvas calendar feed through the iOS app (version 6.6.2) but it's not showing any of my assignments. When I singled out the Canvas calendar feed, it is showing dots, as in there are events on that day, on my calendar but th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How to add an image to the dashboard course card?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies