Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

hi RMITcan you please advise when will teaching period 4 final results be published given it was due 30th August as per RMIT Academic Dates 2019 for Project Design for Quality?thanksFiona

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally imported a course rather than downloading. How can I delete it from my course page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is my business law assignments not loading? Also my reply on canvas for this course has is not working, but it did last week. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't get into my homework through Canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I correct it? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas is not allowing me to get connected to the class. How can i fix this problem? It just keeps saying empty card.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My quiz says locked

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have tried looking up solutions and I can't find any.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,We are currently using Adobe Authorware for some of our more interactive units and as you probably know, Adobe Authorware is no longer being supported by Authorware.  In other words, it now ceases to exist.  One of our academic staff uses...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on an assignment under courses, the Submit assignment button doesn't appear for any of the assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I have created a course for a special project as part of my studies to earn my degree.  I need to allow my professors to view my progress so I added them as students.  The status says pending.  What do I tell them to do to view my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published my course and wondering how I can send an email to my students.  Looked in Canvas guide but could not find an answer.  can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We have two issues with our self hosted canvas installation.The first one is when you edit a course and then a page the "files" section of the content selector is greyed out and we cant navigate the links either - Loading failed. shown in fig 1 attac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I edited my home page in 'pages' and set it as my front page but instead of the page I created I have the modules page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log on to Canvas to submit assignments, I am unable to load my courses from the main page. They just are stuck in "loading." I have to click on "Courses" on the sidebar to access anything. Then, I can't load discussion board pages. I have to g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I copy assignments from one class to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a computer programming course this fall, which I teach every fall.  I have one programming assignment per week.  Each assignment's instructions are zipped and uploaded to a Canvas file that is unique to each assignment.  From each assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Nothing loads for my dashboard

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

blank dashboard

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created a discovery page to help our parents who use the app.  We use SAML google authentication for our students because we use Chromebooks in our district.  The issue with the discovery page is when the student clicks the student button on t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to load canvas, I get empty cards that refuse to load fully online, but the problem isn't happening on the app. Do you have any solutions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I am currently unable to load my canvas tiles, calendar, etc. on my MacBook.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am currently enrolled in 5 courses, which have all started as one August 26th; therefore, my question is, how do I get my current courses back onto my dashboard and course list. They all have red stars beside them, and I can't access ANYTHING under...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas works fine on my phone, but when I login on my 2014 Macbook Air, the dashboard highlights slots where the classes should be, but no the slot is left blank and isn't linked to the class. The materials in the Module section also doesn't appear w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In graded discussions but with a 0 point value how do I indicate the student has contributed? What does the check mark mean? what does the X mean?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi community,Looking for ways to have student reflect on class conversations, and continue conversations, post articles etc. (I'm thinking like a twitter kind of format, but only among the classes I teach) This would serve as a means to build communi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After editing all of the assignments, i made a mistake and imported assignments from a previous year and i lost all the work i had done in editing the current year.is there a way to retrieve my work?thanks,jonsara

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is i possible to set a passing grade/% for automatic grading (pass/failed) for individual tests in the "test-function"? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a language teacher and I wonder if it is possible for students to do repeat-after-me exercises in Canvas?I do not mean for students to record and upload audios in quizzes and assignments. What I want is a simple class activity where they can rec...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I pull up a student in the speed grader to grade their discussion posts and all I see is a stream of everyone's posts. I want to see only that student that I am grading and only their posts?    How is this accomplished, please? I can "search" manuall...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies