Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How to accept an invitation to a module on canvas.I have been sent an invitation to access a module but cannot see the invitation on my canvas account. Please, how do I access the invitation?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have seen the option to make a file "not visible in student files" but I don't know how to achieve that! Can anyone please help? I'd like to "store" test questions for example and I don't want to just rely on the publish/unpublish option as mistake...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello to the Canvas community. I was wondering if there is a way to import Quizzes from a Word document into Canvas Quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Basically, I'm wondering if there's a way to bulk edit things like exemptions for a student or the "available until" date for a certain number of assignments. It would go way faster to do these things if there were. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do not want to post grades. Because of that I seem to be getting a red eye near each assignment in the gradebook. I can see the grades in the gradebook, of course, but when I go to make a print out of an individual student's grades, their grades do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I notice that an answer is wrong to a quiz question, how can I change it and update for all students?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to pull questions from certain modules that a prior instructor has created without painstakingly writing all new ones. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to make a page look personalized to the user? I'd like to embed the user's name and am not finding a good source to tell me yes or no. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas is working perfectly fine on my phone and my computer at work so I know there is a problem with my laptop MacBook Air. My dashboard just shows blank and it won't let me click on my classes. When I get to my class through courses, it does not s...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have added my grades in Canvas but at present they are unweighted. I have assignments, Quiz and Tests. This is my weighting schemeQuiz: 20%Assignment: 20%Tests: 50%Final exam 10%How can I add this weighting to my grades on Canvas. Thank you.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a test to the top column of "grade book"? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I log on to canvas it asks for me to enter an SMS code. The problem is the code is set to my old phone. My contact info is set up to my new phone and new email but it still uses the old phone and email for verification. Is there any way to...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can get to my son's page for his speech team, but unable to open the collaborations tab to see shared google docs.

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I remove the small external link icon in Canvas? It shows up on my homepage after I have inserted a link to words or pictures.  I am a teacher - not an HTML expert - please give clear instructions.  I searched and the answers given were not th...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

My grading page all of my assignments listed twice. Wondering why it is automatically duplicating. 

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

We have setup an assignment with the following dates:Due Date = 10/13 11:59pmAvailable From = 10/5 11:59pm   Until 10/13 11:59pmWe always use the Available From and Until dates so that Canvas will not accept late assignments.Until now this method of ...

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I am an instructor using quizzes in Canvas. I have made the quiz setting checking the box for "Let Students See The Correct Answers" the day after the quiz is due.If a student did not take a quiz in the required time, will they still be able to view ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently had my last name changed and was wondering how to change my name on canvas to reflect my new name so that my credits will transfer as I am applying for colleges.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to set up test accommodations but can't do it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a photo into my assignment

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to create a quiz that has multiple answers (partial credit).  I have watched a video on how to create the quiz but I do not see the quizzes next button in my settings.  Please let me know what I need to do to activate quizzes next.  Thank...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

My institution users noticed that when a availability dates are set in the future to open and close for students, it doesn't just take away the "Submit" button, but also took away the assignment description the instructor provided. I recall this not ...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I found this in older questions but the answers did not help me.  I am using Chrome on a PC.  When I grade a discussion board using a rubric (same rubric as I used for the last discussion board), even when I save, the grade is not populated.  The com...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello everyone, unfortunately when I click on record video in discussion board I see this message (Flash required for recording audio). By the way I have the last version of Flash and my laptop is Macbook pro.Could you help me please? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After cross listing two sections into one course, one student (out of about 30) was denied access. I cannot find anything about others having this issue.  I de-cross listed in order to give the student access to content, but would like to cross-list ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a vocabulary chart to fill in but I don't understand how to do it theres no link to it or anything I also have to turn them in but theres nothing around my assignments that direct me to turn in.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way you can remove your submitted assignment and resubmit it??

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I gave a quiz, but I don't want it to calculate into the student's grade. I can't find anything that says don't calculate in grade. I looked at quiz information, and I can't find it there either. Does someone know who can help me please? Should I cha...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am taking a course and have to submit and assignment. The green "submit assignment" button is on the page, but when I click on it it does not give me a text box to type my assignment.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our online students use ProctorU for proctoring.  When the ProctorU proctor types in the password, the student can see it. Is there a fix for this

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies