Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

how can we check our accounts with financial aide and student loans ledger

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Canvas admin and I am trying to search for those courses that teachers have not published yet this semester.  Is there a way to do that?  Thanks.

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I insert 'back' and 'next' buttons to navigate between pages

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I am an admin interested in exploring Mastery Paths.Where do I start?The guides for this have been particularly unhelpful, and the video guide is marked outdated and deprecated.I can see that Mastery Paths is an optional Feature in our account...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students are confused about the % score that canvas generates.  Is there any way to remove it?  I'd like it to dosomething like, "So far 45 points out of 100 have been graded.  Of those 45 available points, you have earned 40 points."Is there a wa...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working on setting up a course with 3 required assignments and a suite of optional ones (assignments and discussions) that they can choose from. How do I set this up? I thought at first it would be as easy as not having the ungraded items =0, but...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am new to Canvas and will appreciate any help.  I am hoping to set up discussion boards where a standard number of class points drop into the gradebook automatically once a student posts.  Is this possible or do I have to manually grade each pos...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to copy a quiz from NEW quizzes into another course, but the questions don't come over.  I have the questions in an item bank that I have imported in my course.  I have tried using the import course content option as well as commons.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been forced to have one class with two section numbers, so the system created two entirely separate shells. I would like students to be able to send a message to students from the other shell, but it appears they can't. How can I enable this?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My teacher set an assignment with quiz for us, but I can't see the "quiz" link on my laptop. Though I can see the link on my ipad, it said "There is a problem with the canvas request. Failure reson: you are not allowed to participate in this quiz.err...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an assignment in CanvasI assigned it to the "Project Group", but I didn't put students in project groups, I put the in "Case Study Groups".We haven't started grading, so can I change Assignment to the Case Study Group without screwing anyth...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I able to attach an existing rubric to an assignment? The rubric is not on Canvas--it is a document on my computer, but I would like to import it into the assignment to use. Is that possible or do I need to recreate it in Canvas?#rubric

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a prof  who discovered that students were submitting an assignment late.However, if he uses the "Assign" area, and says "Everyone" has access from 9/1 -9/10, then students cannot go back after 9/10 and look at their results to review them.And ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to I know my join code?  I still have a student that can't join my class

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to upgrade  Use settings- Complete  the assignment.. I followed the steps mentioned but still module 1 is unlocked in Continuous  Improvement in classroom.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have informational pages in my courses, and I'd like to see how many times each was viewed. It's not as important to me to know who looked at it as it is to know how many unique viewers there were and how long they stayed. Is there a way to do this...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you extract a news article so that you can highlight text and embed in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can not access my students grades. This is new this week. I've been able to view assignments and grades up until this week. Please advise as to how to fix this problem.Carolyn Bissell

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a situation that is causing a major headache right now.  I am teaching a course and students have to move through the items in order and for some items, receive a minimum score.  For some students, it is working just as anticipated.  For other...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if there was a way to decode a video file from "https://notorious-prod.s3.amazonaws.com" so I could find its original page source.Here is the site if you are wondering:https://notorious-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/originals/o-5hUWUsQaVDXG2q...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you change course details after you publish course? 

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My instructor had said she'd been able to get closed captions, but I cannot find the controls for it. How do you open closed captions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently migrated a quiz created with the current version of Quizzes in Canvas with New Quizzes.  Some of the questions on the quiz were multiple drop-down questions with multiple options for each drop-down entry.  After some necessary reformatting...

• 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How do I add bonus questions to quizzes? 

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When teachers are using the "Post Grades to SIS" feature, if they use Respondus Lockdown Browser for a quiz, will they be able to post grades to PowerTeacher Pro?  

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there,When a Turnitin assignment is setup in Canvas using the LTI tool and then imported (using Canvas course import) into another course it seems that the assignment dates do not carry across to the imported assignment and the Canvas assignment d...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Each time I attempt to rename a module title (e.g. Lectures and Readings Week 4) it changes it to its own numbering (e.g. Lectures and Reading week 2-2). How can i make sure my titles and numbering are used?Thanks

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can i change the term when I make a new site för an course. I have duplicated an earlier course to a new course but i´m not able to change the term on the new site.

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies