Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

There is an undelete section in Canvas, but it is limited. There is no revert button or change history as there is in Google. If a mistake is made, it is very hard if not impossible to revert back to a previous version.Can Canvas create a revert butt...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would always mute a quiz before the students took it so I could verify grades (we have to manually edit grades for select that apply questions as our institution does not give partial credit on questions) and I go through the metrics for each quiz ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I make a Google Cloud Assignment (or copy) for my students, I am not the owner. I cannot see their updates in real time or provide feedback throughout the process unless they hit submit. At which time, it makes a picture of their work. I cannot ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was trying to update UAttend--went to dashboard and everything there is a flickering grey square.I tried going to the specific course by hitting courses on the left side of dashboard.  Which took me to a specific class--but I would hit UAttend, and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

like math starts at ... 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get into t he content editor to record an audio?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you turn the color overlay off on the course dashboard image?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is Canvas down for anyone else? I can log in (I'm enrolled in 2 schools online - both use Canvas), but the classes aren't showing up and I can't see any of my assignments that I need to do. I've logged in and out and I can't figure it out. Help! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

having trouble hiding past courses. also, a course i'm teachingis listed as "future enrollments" and i'd like to view that at the top of the list

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I find the rich text editor?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I seems to have multiple CANVAS sites. Can I place all my courses on a single CANVAS site?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access my dashboard, Steve Moore cm8387 @wayne.edu

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all, My college is in the midst of a migration to Canvas from D2L SaaS. We are currently trying to determine the best strategy for course migration and archiving.  Can anyone shed some light around their institution's strategy regarding migration ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas dashboard keeps blinking and won't show my class content. I have restarted my browser, my laptop, and everything else

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like my students in insert or embed photos into a discussion thread. How do they do this? Some of them seem to be successful with the embed feature. Some of them tell me they do not see a link for images when they hit embed. Is there a docume...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas is all white and will not let me click on anything for my classes!!! I have work due and need to be able to access my canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way instructors can download grades:week by week, orgrade item by grade item, orstudent by studentWe can see that it IS possible to download ALL the grades for ALL students and ALL activities in one giant .CSV file. But is there a way to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was able to access my course through canvas yesterday, but today it's unavailable. Can you help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm thinking about using the Canvas Free Teacher account to create a course, but I can't figure out if there is a max number of students that can be enrolled at the free level. Does anyone have this information? Also, are you capped at 1 course on th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do students save an assignment to work on later? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change assignments in the gradebook from the "Manually" grading policy to the "Automatically" grading policy. I never wanted them set to Manually, it just started that way. I also found that this policy is a multi-step process rather than a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

how do i find if an assignment has been graded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are PowerPoint download files locked for students? I made them available in the class, but when a student tries to download them, it just says they are locked and won't let them download or view them. I looked in the settings and I didn't see any...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I login to canvas, it looks different. I'm not able to view everything now.Please help. I'm using a computer (not my phone).Thanks,Kelley McClain(303)668-3969

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need a list of assignments submitted on a specific date, by student, for the entire class. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not working

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've followed the directions for creating PS Pro assignment categories and configuring the Canvas course settings but my PS Pro categories are not importing into Canvas course. Strangely a category from last school year imported but not the ones I ma...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hola buen día, soy un socio de Canvas LMS y me surge una duda acerca del envío de notificaciones, ¿es posible modificar la firma o leyenda de los correos de usuario registrado en un curso por la marca personal de la empresa privada en la que me encue...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I log into canvas on my computer and it's all white, I go onto my phone and it works perfectly fine.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you comment on or edit a written assignment submitted in canvas and save the changes so the student can see your comments? I have tried using the comment bubble and making comments, but I see no way to save them, and next time I look at the su...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies