Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I use Zoom in Canvas to host a conference?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to assign peer reviews to groups of 2 students and I'd like those groups randomly generated. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I email students in a selected class?  The function "Email all" is not responsive.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach in a nursing program. Our students are required to answer 'all that apply' questions to prepare them to be successful on their end-of-program licensing exam. Currently, if a student only selects some of the correct responses to a question but...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On my main canvas dashboard, I have a notification saying I have unread discussions. When I go into the discussions I have marked them all as read and unsubscribed, yet the notification remains. I am not sure why this won't go away. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A parent contacted me and told me that her son is not able to login to Canvas.  When I looked at his account, it showed that "Last Request" was today at 1:25 pm, which was just 30 minutes ago.  Does "Last Request" mean that he actually logged in succ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student in my list "People" who is not enrolled in the course. He has asked to be removed. How do I remove him?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I open Rich Content Editor in order to record video for an assignment?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I thought I had a canvas email account, since I have a valencia.edu email? correct? Is Canvas just the site valencia uses for courses?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone assist and tell me when I send a feedback video to one of my students via speed grader.  Where is that video reply stored? I can't seem to find it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not able to get my google site to work here is he message I get after following the steps required on the tutorial

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

NO HE PODIDO CONTACTAR A MIS PROFESORES Y NO SE COMO BUSCARLAS EN CANVASTranslation from Google Translate:I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT MY TEACHERS AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOOK FOR THEM IN CANVAS

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to have two two dates for a two part discussion assignment?  (For example, each students' post that answers the prompt is due on Friday. Then responses to peers posts are due on Sunday.)  

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was recently contacted by a faculty member who could not figure out how to mute assignments in a course; they were using the new grade book, so I went to test and turned on Manual Grade Posting Policy for the course. I noticed the unfilled visibili...

• 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How do I add a course to my canvas account.I am an instructor

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there,I need to:1) test how quizzes will look like to students--> After I set the quizzes to allow multiple attempts but to see the answers only after the last attempt, I could not simulate the student view (i.e. actually see that I would have two...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi - We currently are using the Canvas APIs to manage our course and enrollment data. We are running into an issue when a student is removed from a class, but then we try to re-enroll them in the same class, it doesn't seem to work. We are deleting t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can you permanently delete an assignment in Skyward?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to embed google content into Canvas so that my students can access it. From the teacher-view, it looks like it should all work. However, in student view, the content is unavailable. It brings up this error-message:On Google, I have made t...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I set/require a prerequisite for an assignment, such as a draft, so students must submit the draft first?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I check my Canvas Mail?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can a print gradebook reports without exporting to Excel and having to organize the columns...?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Running on Ubuntu and running Canvas Instructure but have issues with the RCE server. Essentially, when editing a course or a page the right hand Content Selector has the files greyed out and "Loading failed" when you try and expand the links section...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When creating / editing an Outcome Criterion, the textbox only allows the user to see about 18 characters at a time.  This makes it difficult to edit / type.  Can this box be made larger to see the entire box?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I wrap text around a graphic/photo in the Announcements?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, There is a member of staff at our college that is using a Blueprint for some of his courses. He has been fine with most thing but has encountered an issue. There has been a link set up in the Local Navigation that link to a page in the course the...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have previous students that I no longer want to observe. How do I get rid of old students? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to insert the ALL the grades before allowing students to see their grades.  How do I do this without publishing the assignment.  If I publish it, doesn't it mean that the students can see it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I been to OCC only twice already, I am taking both english 151 and general psychology. But at the moment I can't seem to get any notifications and assignments on my Canvas, I was just wondering if it's because I haven't gotten any asignments yet or i...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies