Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My assignments in Canvas are very plain.Basically Cut & Pasted from Word Documents.Is there a way to scan Word Documents into Canvas?Also, is there a way to 'dress up' Assignments?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently I am taking patho and I cannot add that class to my dashboard. If I click on "All Course",under past courses, but I am actively still in the course. I am not sure what to do to bring it on my dashboard. If I click on the star it says I cann...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HII am wondering if there is any way I can award multiple badges in 1 module?  For example, after competing the first 10 pages, and then another badge after the second 10 pages.  I know a work around would be to separate them into 2 modules, by my co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-14-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

HejJag kan inte logga ut från min Canvas sidan. Vad kan jag göra?MVH FarzanehTranslation from Google Translate:Hey, I can't log out of my Canvas page. What can I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am toying with the idea of asking my school administration their thoughts on making course content available to be downloaded and viewed offline by students.  Who else has done this?  If so, what have your experiences been? Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created 2 different quizzes (same content) one with files to read aloud the questions and one has no read alouds. I have half of my class needing the read aloud and the other half needing the other quiz.  Is there a way to make groups to where...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that needs the work printed

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When i click on them , i am unable to see the messages.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I wonder if anyone can help please? If one of our students drops out of a course (and we conclude them but do not delete them).  Can they still contact us through Canvas via conversations?Appreciate any help.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Certain professors want most assignments submitted to be graded on canvas but I'm not seeing how to submit them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access my Dashboard to review the Core Tasks I have completed. The colours on the background of the web pages has vanished, making it very difficult to navigate the site.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-05-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I saw namecoach for the first time enabled in my sidebar.  It said I needed to give it access to my canvas.  I am not sure what this is.  I'm assuming it is an external tool of some sort? Can someone fill me in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have deleted some of files yet when I tried to up load an image I get file size exceeds quota. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Would I need to have Microsoft downloaded to m computer to able to submit my work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have no quiz tab I only find it in the modules section.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How long will it take me to get my certificate 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1. I need to watch a video and respond. The Prof references U-Tube. I need to know how to find the video on u-tube?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students attach files to a Page that is editable by all class users (e.g. a faux wiki)? I have set up a page in my course that I am allowing Teachers and Students to both edit, and in teacher view, I can attach files to this page, but I have stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Did anyone else have their DNS pointer break today? We have a pointer set up where Canvas.ourdomain.com goes to our ourschool.instructure.com canvas site.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have been using custom javascript to enable a "View All Courses" button within the Dashboard tab. The button populates for 1 second before disappearing. I attached a photo of a working instance. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a TA for FAS 301 and I accidentally deleted a students discussion post. Is there any way of being able to undo that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can Canvas place a button to get there easier??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble seeing my ebook for health 1 sec 24039    I already purchased the book 2 weeks ago.  Why am i having trouble seeing the text/book. I can see all power points. for chapters 1 2 and 3 and also videos let me download. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to "add rubric" in the critieria box there should be a box I can click to select grade "Ranges". It is currenly now showing up on any old or new rubric.Thanks in advanceAaron

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how  can i merge classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a Canvas course under my school district instance that they assigned me. However, they just connected to SIS Aspire and that sent me new courses. I tried to copy my course I designed over to the new SIS created course and everything looks g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Curious to know how "safe" student replies are when changing a blueprint's discussion thread setting. I would hate to push out a sync to published courses and accidentally delete student responses because I've enabled liking.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

where in canvas is the Rich editor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do we set up closed captioning?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add an instructor to my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies