Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How to add Turnit in   in Canvas using External LTI?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that Canvas has Mastery Paths, but what if I have a group of students on IEPs, for example, to whom I know I just need to give a simplified or shorter version of an assignment, or include simplified instructions etc...?I don't necessarily need...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

My canvas account don't let my start my test online. What can I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking an online class, however when I go to my canvas my course is listed and once I click it nothing appears and session has started a while back. I need help 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add your current grade to the thumbnail on the dashboard?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last semester, when I had a new grade updated by an instructor (or even a discussion that I was subscribed to) there was a little blue circle by the grade tab. (Such as Home, Announcements, Syllabus, Modules, GRADES, etc.) It's not working anymore. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where are the resources link at the top of Canvas in RES 1500?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I see my entire name and last names. I just want my name to appear in discussions etc. How I do this? Thanks 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why does an Exam stay in "missing" status after I input a grade. Shouldn't it automatically switch to "none"? Other columns (discussion boards, etc.) do but not the Exam. I have to go into each student's grade and change the status to "none" in every...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hvordan sletter man en gruppe man har opprettet selv?Translation from Google Translate:How do you delete a group you created yourself?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For my quizzes, I deselect "Let Students see Correct Answers" then identify a later date when students can access their correct and incorrect answers.  I also put explanatory text in the General Comments box that I want them to be able to read at tha...

• 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is there a way to set permissions so that non-administrators cannot change the name of their courses or sections. I set the course names and section names very specifically for tracking purposes and it's annoying when a teacher goes in and changes th...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

sfoster@emory.edu    Canvas GH572  Unable to remove names from People who have dropped courseThank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have an instructor who is having trouble grading a specific assignment. The excel file students are submitting is quite large (LxW) and it seems to cause canavs to freeze in the preview stage when the instructor goes to grade the assignment - leav...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There is a plus sign in the right corner of the canvas dashboard. What does this button do and how is it helpful for a student in school?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to access my dashboard but it keeps blinking and is not downloading so I can't access my classes through my computer. What should I do? I already restart my computer but it's still not working.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to add a user to my course.  However, the Add People button is not available now (course has ended).  How can I add someone so that they have access to the course?thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am unable to reply to a photo. The comment button is not available

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey folks! I've got a faculty member with a weird issue: SpeedGrader seems to have added negative fudge points to one of her student's quizzes without her knowledge! Have any of y'all come across this or seen any circumstances that would cause it? Sh...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 20 Replies

I am not able to delete Pages from Canvas. When I click on the three vertical dots to the right of my doc, it does not open up a drop-down box which allows me to delete or edit content. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student at one college, but a teaching assistant at another. Both schools use Canvas. I now have 2 canvas accounts, and my information is split in half, which is a rather inconvenient. Is there a way to merge these two myself so all my classes...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just wondering if anyone has any work around for importing Moodle 3.x files into Canvas?  We are having issues with files coming across properly on the import.  In addition I'm wondering if anyone has heard of any potential updates to the moodle impo...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where would I submit a CIRT? I have an issue in my class and would like to hopefully resolve it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I see how many credits I have earned from the classes I've completed?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one student who wants to take the Midterm exam in a course using Honorlock.  By enabling Honorlock on that Midterm, will all students see that and be prompted with anything that they should know about? The others will be taking the exam in a t...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am stumped and could use some help. I am required to pass four parts of Canvas Training with 90%.I missed that threshold with these two questions on Quiz 4. What am I missing? I  have reviewed numerous videos and cannot find the answers. Any assist...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need a work around for students who require extended time beyond 1 class period to complete a quiz.  I have not been able to figure out a way to have them start a quiz, stop at the end of the class period, save their work and lock them out of the q...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

At some point I was able to add a Navigation link to all of our account courses.  I now need to remove said Navigation link.  I cannot find where I added it nor can I find how to remove it.  Where can find how to remove global navigation links?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My current institution has never put any end dates on terms, so the "active" terms go back to 2014. And the default "Default Term" does not pick up the current term's offerings.Is there any way--besides a custom javascript--to change the sortorder so...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies