Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm teaching three different classes next semester. When I go into the calendar function for one of my classes and enter information on the final exam for that class, the same information now shows up on the calendar for the two other classes. If I l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I already have an account as a teacher, how do I pair with my own child to observe his/her classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 32 Replies

Can you create two deadlines in a discussion post?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How would I use the Canvas RSS Feed with iTunes Connect for my Podcast?The reason I ask is because I would like to host my Podcasts in Canvas.  The biggest concern is access to the files inside Canvas, semester after semester.  In the past I have hos...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I thought that if I unpublished a module, it would unpublish all of the assignments within that module, but that does not seem to be the case.  Is there a way that I can unpublish all of the assignments within a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 27 Replies

Canvas will not load in my Chrome browser.  It used to work just fine and still works in Firefox, but I get a blank white screen when trying to login through Chrome.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When copying a Canvas course, is there a way to copy the Late Policies set in the new gradebook as well? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like my students to be able to see their total calculated grade as they go throughout the semester. Currently where their grade should be posted there is a comment that says "Calculation of totals has been disabled." I went into settings, the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I now teach in a facility that students are not allowed internet access to get to the canvas site. But I'd like to use the site primarily for my gradebook. Is there a way to add students, without having to require an approval by them? Right now the n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas have a random student generator or random student selector? (Google Classroom has one, so I wasn't sure if this was a feature Canvas has)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-05-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to remove/turn off the feature that marks an assignment as missing or late?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When creating my pages, modules, pretty much anything, the text I'm typing is double spacing between the lines.  I would prefer it to be single spaced, but can't seem to find anything to help me format the spacing.  I would like to learn how to do th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

On canvas, there's a really nice way for canvas to notify you when grades are published, someone replies to a discussion board, assignments are due, etc. via text message in account settings in webcourses. However, when I try to register my cell numb...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2023 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Good morning,We are new to Canvas and I am working to get the integration complete with Tyler SIS.  Does anyone know how to get Tyler to send student, faculty, subject, and section data to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I access all of a student's discussion board posts for exporting into another document?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to add a calendar event to ALL courses at the same time?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Using the media caption option to record comments for student submissions. How can I add a video with captions? I tried adding a link to a Studio recording, but the links are not clickable. The student would need to copy and paste into another browse...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2022 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

not sure if this question or discussion already exists but...When students make a comment on an assignment submission - especially AFTER the assignment has been seen and graded by the instructor - is there any way to KNOW such later comment has been ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2023 View Solution
  • 13 Likes
  • 23 Replies

The "Expand/Collapse Group" button is not working for me once a quiz is saved (it works fine during quiz creation).  Is this a a feature or a bug?  If it is a bug, is there a mechanism to submit a bug report?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-16-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What does this "hidden" mean?  I have never come across it before and today as I was grading an assignment I have seen it on two assignments.  I'm puzzled is because I've never seen it before, I don't know what it means, and it showed up for someone ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My Grades page just started delaying grades being posted.  I now have the "eye with a line through it" icon meaning students can not see their grades to the last two assignments for the semester.  I did not change any settings.  Not sure why this is ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-16-2019 View Solution
  • 11 Likes
  • 35 Replies

I keep "closing" this Module list, but it defaults back to "open" when I navigate away and come back to Modules.  Is there a way to get it to "stay closed" until I click to open it again? I don't want to lock it. I just want to get it out of my way o...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, I thought this sight was something else. I didn't realize it until I had filled out the information.  How do I cancel my registration?Melissa

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-29-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created course and want to create one assignment in that course. when I click on create assignment button it will showing me above page but I am not able to upload files to that particular assignment because "files" tab is showing disabled and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-09-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In the document on course copy/import (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12935-415257077 ) it says "You only have access to copy content from courses from current or previous courses in which you are an enrolled user."  It doesn't mention the ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-04-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Our institution is switching from Moodle to Canvas.  In Moodle, it was easy to make assignments that were comprised of multiple parts.  For example, a midterm or final exam could have two or three parts, where one essay could be submitted to part 1, ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm working with a faculty member who had students divided into two sides, with multiple groups per side, who then wants a group from each side to meet up and discuss (so Team A does a thing, then Team B does their thing, and then at the end they get...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-02-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My students turn in homework via the discussion board. If they don't meet the requirements, they are allowed to resubmit. I used to get notifications (in my to do list) when students resubmitted to discussions- but I don't any more. I don't want to g...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm creating a theme for Canvas using a customized CSS file. My idea is to create a kind of layout/template that will use an image hosted inside the files folder of each course - I want to use a "background.png" file, and each course would have a dif...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-28-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to move past course cards off your dashboard so that only your current classes are viewed? Maybe there is an archive class option? Thanks! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-26-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies