Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

A TA is trying to use SpeedGrader for a discussion for the class but when she opens it up, it says, "The submissions for this assignment are posts in the assignment's discussion. Below are the discussion posts for student X, or you can view the full ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At the beginning of each year, when teachers are copying content from last year's courses into this year's courses - why does everything come over already published?  It seems it would make more sense if the content came over unpublished so that teac...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Student access denied to START HERE and rest of pages in course. Canvas recognized her as student.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For the past couple weeks canvas hasn't been working on my computer and i thought it was maybe my wifi but i changed locations and it isn't the wifi and then i tried canvas on google chrome and it works there but not on safari anymore. Not sure what ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I login to my canvas, my school work will not load on the screen.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 2 kids in the school system and my Canvas currently only shows one of them.  How do I add all the classes that my younger son is taking?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to change the color of the menu bar in the course that I am teaching.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use the gradebook passback with PowerSchool so our course sections are generated from PowerSchool.  However, I would like to create another section that only includes students who need modified assignments.  If I create a new section and move thes...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does "complete" mean on Modules page?  Does it have anything to do with student activity?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have always been able to use Internet Explorer to access Canvas. It now says that it is not a supported browser. Can IT switch it back to enable Internet Explorer to be one of the browsers as so many people still use this.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How does the Gradebook in Canvas sync with the gradebook in PowerSchool? I would like to use the Canvas gradebook exclusively, but my school must use PowerSchool. I don't have to reenter grades manually, right??

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there click-to-reveal or hot-spot with pop-up box templates available as page types or objects in Canvas

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

None of the individuals assigned the student role for my recently created courses can access the quiz.  I have checked to see that the individuals are linked to the course and that the quiz and course is published. I've also verified the training ava...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete an assignment group?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm wondering if there is an easy way to unpublish a module, yet still keep the assignments in the module published so they will show up in the gradebook. After the midterm, I'd like to unpublish the first eight modules, but when I do that, it re...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to disable a user account and prevent the user from accessing Canvas?  Or must I delete the user account?

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to get an assignment I have marked as late in Canvas to be marked as late in Skyward when I use the grade sync?  Currently, if I mark and assignment late in Canvas, it is not being marked as late in Skyward.  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to code an absence as approved?  I have a student who was absent for a religious observance; I don't want his class participation grade to suffer from the absence.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why did we get rid of the Mute assignment function in Speedgrader? It's so much convoluted now that we need to go to grades (so out of Speedgrader), find the assignment, select manual grading policy, then go back to Speedgrader. And when finished wit...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I set the timer to be always visible during a quiz?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a test in the new quizzes format in my master class template. I then went to the two classes that I was going to use the test in. I copied the course content for both classes. In my first block class, the quiz worked. In my second block cla...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We've created several groups for a project in our course. Each project has a different teacher so the course has several (over 20) teachers. We've noticed that several teachers receive notifications when a student starts a discussion in one of the gr...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to know if it's possible to do the following:1) I'd like to offer a survey type question where ANY answer chosen from a drop down menu/drag and drop/word bank is 100% correct (full participation credit) instead of an "all or nothing" tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I currently have a mastery path set up where students can choose to either take a quiz or participate in a discussion. They take a phantom quiz that directs them into one of the two paths. However, the quizzes are challenging. If the student doesn't ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the sort order of the Past Enrollments list under Courses? I can't figure out how these are being sorted - it is not by term, or course number or section? Does anyone have any idea?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have turned off the text notifications for assignments in my settings  but it keep texting me. How do I  make it stop? I get multiple text per day. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am viewing quiz statistics, there is one question on the quiz that does not show the question itself or the available answer choices.  All I see are the percentages of who answered which responses.  Why is this happening to only 1 of the 20 qu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HelloI have this pop-up which recently appeared while I was grading student assignmenta. I've gone to the 'Grades' section and followed the prompts to export the CSV file in the hope that it would then disappear, however it's still there. I'm unable ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need help changing a powerpoint to a pdf so students without powerpoint on their computer can access it.  Where are these files kept, in commons? Thanks, Jan G, Instructor

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Everyone,I have done some looking around and this has come up before; I have also found some university library websites that address it. However, I still find a lack of clear guidelines about what types/quantities of copyrighted materials can ...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies