Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

** Sorry for the long prompt.  I am trying to give as much information ahead-of-time as possible.  The actual question that I have is in bold-green-italicized text in the fourth-to-last paragraph (not including the comment that I made at the end). **...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I messaged the teacher of a class from last quarter but I’m not sure she received my message 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add Fudge Points to an entire class for a quiz?  Or do I have to manually add them in for every student?

• 5 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Hello,I have a handful of students who have different accommodations that allow them to take exams for longer periods of time, which necessitates them having a different start time.I understand how to alter the total time available to them (for examp...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I could have sworn at InstructureCarn in 2018, we saw a "coming soon" of dragging and dropping images into the RCE. I can't seem to find anything about it. I've been looking at the upcoming changes to the RCE and don't see anything, and my searches h...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can you change all of the assignments in a group from points to percentages?  Or do you have to go and change every individual assignment?  

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to gather feedback from learners about one of our eLearnings so have set up an ungraded survey. I assumed I would be able to add this to a Mastery Path which we haven't used before, and then discovered that as it's an ungraded survey, this isn...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I drop the lowest quiz grade from an Assignment group.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I hide a quiz grade and not count it in the final grade.  The one I am specifically trying to hide is done online in Lock down Browser. 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Discussions, do you have the ability to add tags so you can sort and quickly find posts in the same discussions with the same topics and tags?  (I notice that you have the ability to add tags at the bottom of this "Ask a Question" form...)ThanksSh...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There is documentation about the use of prerequisites in Modules in order to prevent accessing another Module until specified  assignments/activities are completed.  However, I found that using prerequisites are very useful for students even when not...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I add Cengage Mindtap lessons to my Canvas? I looked it up and I am trying to figure out if I am doing it wrong or if my school has it blocked.Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I had an instructor who was wondering if there is a workaround relating to setting up student groups. She has 850 students over all her courses and wants to create groups based upon sections but at the moment it is tedious and I was wondering if ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello canvas community is it possible to have two separate classes collaborate over a discussion post? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having some issues with embedded Google Presentations.  I have running homework presentations for my classes; I just add a new slide for each class, but they can still go back and view past slides.  Once every 7-10 days or so, the students stop s...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I don't know my case is a singularity or someone else in the community experienced the same. For some reason, when faculty copy over a course to a new one, the testing bank banks are not staying linked to the quizzes. I have to manually relink them. ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

New quizzes drops the ability to download student responses. I teach a data visualization class and each day in class we review student submission. I learned, 1 hour before class, that new quizzes drops this feature.  

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I widen columns in tables via Announcements?  How do I align the column content so it is at the top rather than the center?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,As far as I can tell each new assignment creates a new column in the course gradebook. Is there a way to have multiple assignments contribute to one column entry in a course gradebook? So for example, there would be multiple assignments that come ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can see any of my courses on the dashboard page, I also can't view submission when clicking the assignment tab within a module?? any ideas how to fix this?? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiIs it possible to rollover a course without the previous users on it, all I need is the content of the course but no users on it.RegardsMandeep

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In order to meet a due date, some students will submit a partially completed assignment (usually by file upload). Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this? (VET).   Thank you, if so! 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I am an instructor for SDV 100 and NOVA. I allow students two attempts to take their final quiz. A student logged in and logged out by mistake. I would like to clear one of her attempts. How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On Saturday I purchased a pesticide core and public health course. It hasn't been sent to my account. Im wondering what I need to do next?Joe Nelson(telephone number and email address redacted by the Community Team to preserve privacy)

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola Canvas,Thank you for your support.I'm an English instructor.For each novel I assign to a class, I like to make my own multiple-choice quizzes.Can I format a multiple choice quiz in a word document to convert to Canvas.I feel more comfortable wit...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone--How do I show points for an Extra Credit Assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola Canvas,First of all, thank you for your support and attention.I often include charts, graphs, and images in my Canvas assignments.Sometimes, I provide a complicated series of instructions with visuals each step of the way.When I try to save thes...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the intent behind submitting feature ideas and how did this get to be a thing? The reason I ask this question is for few reasonsIf the feature idea is such a great idea, then why is it so hard to find one to vote one.Feature ideas are like po...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 17 Likes
  • 18 Replies

How can I link Canvas to LearnSmart Assignments on McGraw-Hill Connect so that Students can view their individual progress from the Canvas Site?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am confused by the warning that appears when one wants to delete a rubric and start fresh: "When you delete a rubric, it will remove the rubric from all associated assignments in the course and delete any existing associated assessments." (See the ...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies