Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to move a rubric from a course to the account-level?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-11-2016 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello everyone,First, there is not a way to search for questions in question banks, correct? (i.e.: search function)Secondly, we have courses that have thousands of questions and we are trying to figure out best practice for creating question banks f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Can you add a feature where using the LTI via Canvas, instructors might upload student papers for the student? Sometimes for a variety of reasons, students have problems using the LTI, so they e-mail the paper to me (via Canvas, of course!!) as an a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2016 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to assign a Quiz/Survey as a Team Assignment?  I would like to only have one submission per student group.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2016 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently had an assignment where my teacher gave me a good comment. I replied back saying "Thank You!" but I would now like to delete my comment. Is there any way to do so? Thanks in advance!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 45 Replies

Hello:I tried to change the due/until dates on a Canvas quiz after I initially released it to my students. Although the new dates were correctly displayed in the Quizzes area, the system automatically submitted students' work on the original due date...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 10 Likes
  • 40 Replies

Hi All,Are there any suggestions for the best/easiest way for faculty/teachers to preview exams/quizzes with the correct answers being viewable? The "Preview" does not provide answers and once you are in editing a quiz and are under the "Questions" t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Can you assign a quiz or assignment to everyone in a class except certain people?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2021 View Solution
  • 10 Likes
  • 23 Replies

I would like to integrate the full function of Khan Academy in my Canvas. This would include their comprehensive practice, quizzes, and progression tracking tool. Has anybody in the Canvas community had experience with this, and what do you suggest?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2021 View Solution
  • 22 Likes
  • 19 Replies

When a page is printed (either to PDF or paper), any internal course links display the source of that link. I can see this as being great for accessibility purposes and knowing the source of those links, but can cause formatting issues when trying to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2016 View Solution
  • 11 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible to see how many hits or views a specific Page in a course has?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-24-2015 View Solution
  • 12 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am interested in displaying total points in a final course grade. I would prefer if percentages are not displayed. Is there a way to display only total points and not percentage points?Thank you for any input!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2015 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to export individual question banks as separate files, rather than exporting specific quizzes and/or the entire course? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-19-2015 View Solution
  • 12 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to use the equation editor to enter systems of equations, piecewise defined functions or matrices.  The editor doesn't seem to allow more than one line per equation.  Can anyone give me a method of using the equation editor to do this.  Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2022 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We made the mistake of making quizzes individually and not from Question Banks. Now we want to pull questions from our previous quizzes for our midterms. Is there a way to create a Question Bank from already created quizzes? (Some of the questions ar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2015 View Solution
  • 18 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Is there a way to automate page numbers within a module through HTML?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2015 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello everyone,    I'm a new Canvas Admin for my university, and I'm trying to find an answer that doesn't seem to be available online anywhere. Help would be appreciated.   We have 4 "Grading Schemes" on the account level set up. When an instructor ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2015 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am attempting to use Canvas to build some modules for co-curricular experiences, and to develop some professional development modules for faculty and staff as well as student workers. I've been searching for ways to make content visible to only cer...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Most webcams students use to submit homework videos are capable of shooting in 16:9, but the video input recorded through Canvas is set at 4:3. Is there a way to tell Canvas to record in 16:9? Having students record in another program and upload thei...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2015 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I created a Pinned discussion and want to arrange the posts from newest to oldest instead of the default oldest to newest. Other than clicking and dragging, is there a way to do this?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2015 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have faculty who have created quizzes in Canvas, but have later realized that they'd like those quiz questions to be added to question banks. From what I can see, it is possible to add a question bank question to a quiz, but not the reverse. Can so...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2015 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It is before the assignment due date, and one student accidentally submitted a partly completed assignment. I would like to give this one student an extra submission on the assignment, but I don't want to give the whole class two submissions. How do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-30-2023 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Hello.I am a high school teacher and pretty new to Canvas. I need to display my grades as a percentage score ( 100 point scale ) instead of points out of, for example, 25. I have a bunch of grades to record on another system this weekend and don't wa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2015 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone got the "comment" tags to work in a published Canvas Page?  Every time I add a comment <!-- Comment here --> to the page and publish it, Canvas wipes my code out. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2016 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi all,I uploaded a 5MB MP4 to a module in my course. When I click on the corresponding link, I'm told "Media has been queued for conversion, please try again in a little bit." This has been queued for 10+ minutes now. I've searched, but I can't find...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-06-2015 View Solution
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a journaling feature in Canvas?  A high school biology teacher wants his students to answer a "bell ringer" question every day to start class.  At the end of the marking period he wants to see the responses sorted by student so he can grade ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 16 Likes
  • 14 Replies

This semester I created Fall Exam 1 (containing six Question Groups) and Fall Exam 2 (also containing six Question Groups). Some of the questions on the exam came from previous quizzes, some from question banks, and some I wrote from scratch. The new...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2021 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Tried to link to external app and put in a bad url. Now I get error message "couldn't find valid settings for this link" and can't get to the assignment to edit and take out the link. Any advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2015 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a way to insert deductions in the final grade?In the class I am teaching each unexcused absence must deduct a percentage of the final grade. I would like to make this process automatic through Canvas.Thanks.Diogo Carvalho

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2015 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to assign letter grades to my grading scheme without having to create an arbitrary points system. So, for example, a writing assignment would get a letter grade (A-, C+, whatever) and then the four writing assignments I have over the cou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2015 View Solution
  • 12 Likes
  • 10 Replies