Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

So according to the Canvas HTML Whitelist, Flexbox is not a supported element. However, I have a few colleagues who are using flexbox in their work and it seems to be working for them. Does anyone know if Flexbox is officially supported by Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is anyone familiar with translation tools or Canvas plugins that can translate course content? I am working on a project where we need to translate course content for multiple languages and using a translation service would be too exorbitant. G...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am thinking about leading a seminar entitled "Keeping Students in Canvas."  I want to demonstrate ways to embed content into Canvas pages rather than linking to it.  I think it keeps students more on task, but I don't have any evidence for this.  D...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas will not load in my Chrome browser.  It used to work just fine and still works in Firefox, but I get a blank white screen when trying to login through Chrome.

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When copying a Canvas course, is there a way to copy the Late Policies set in the new gradebook as well? 

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like my students to be able to see their total calculated grade as they go throughout the semester. Currently where their grade should be posted there is a comment that says "Calculation of totals has been disabled." I went into settings, the...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I now teach in a facility that students are not allowed internet access to get to the canvas site. But I'd like to use the site primarily for my gradebook. Is there a way to add students, without having to require an approval by them? Right now the n...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas have a random student generator or random student selector? (Google Classroom has one, so I wasn't sure if this was a feature Canvas has)

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to remove/turn off the feature that marks an assignment as missing or late?

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When creating my pages, modules, pretty much anything, the text I'm typing is double spacing between the lines.  I would prefer it to be single spaced, but can't seem to find anything to help me format the spacing.  I would like to learn how to do th...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

On canvas, there's a really nice way for canvas to notify you when grades are published, someone replies to a discussion board, assignments are due, etc. via text message in account settings in webcourses. However, when I try to register my cell numb...

• 4 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Good morning,We are new to Canvas and I am working to get the integration complete with Tyler SIS.  Does anyone know how to get Tyler to send student, faculty, subject, and section data to Canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I access all of a student's discussion board posts for exporting into another document?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What do you suggest to faculty who are opting between embedding a YouTube video or just adding a link and then selecting the preview automatically show? Are there any accessibility issues to consider between the two options?I have a faculty who uses ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I successfully embedded a Google Sheet on a Canvas page.  It is actually a calendar I made for my staff as "View only".  However, the top row with the month (e.g. September) does not appear.  Do you know why?  This is my code :<p><iframe title="SDT/C...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to add a calendar event to ALL courses at the same time?  

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm searching for some course templates teachers can use as a standard for course design/development. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Using the media caption option to record comments for student submissions. How can I add a video with captions? I tried adding a link to a Studio recording, but the links are not clickable. The student would need to copy and paste into another browse...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

not sure if this question or discussion already exists but...When students make a comment on an assignment submission - especially AFTER the assignment has been seen and graded by the instructor - is there any way to KNOW such later comment has been ...

• 13 Likes
  • 23 Replies

The "Expand/Collapse Group" button is not working for me once a quiz is saved (it works fine during quiz creation).  Is this a a feature or a bug?  If it is a bug, is there a mechanism to submit a bug report?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What does this "hidden" mean?  I have never come across it before and today as I was grading an assignment I have seen it on two assignments.  I'm puzzled is because I've never seen it before, I don't know what it means, and it showed up for someone ...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My Grades page just started delaying grades being posted.  I now have the "eye with a line through it" icon meaning students can not see their grades to the last two assignments for the semester.  I did not change any settings.  Not sure why this is ...

• 11 Likes
  • 35 Replies

I keep "closing" this Module list, but it defaults back to "open" when I navigate away and come back to Modules.  Is there a way to get it to "stay closed" until I click to open it again? I don't want to lock it. I just want to get it out of my way o...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way to use the speedgrader to quickly toggle between an individual student's various assignments rather than toggle between students for a single assignment? I feel like this feature would come in handy. I tried searching in the community ...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I thought this sight was something else. I didn't realize it until I had filled out the information.  How do I cancel my registration?Melissa

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created course and want to create one assignment in that course. when I click on create assignment button it will showing me above page but I am not able to upload files to that particular assignment because "files" tab is showing disabled and...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In the document on course copy/import (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12935-415257077 ) it says "You only have access to copy content from courses from current or previous courses in which you are an enrolled user."  It doesn't mention the ...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Our institution is switching from Moodle to Canvas.  In Moodle, it was easy to make assignments that were comprised of multiple parts.  For example, a midterm or final exam could have two or three parts, where one essay could be submitted to part 1, ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm looking for some ideas to inject some hybrid elements in a General Biology 1 course. The Subject Matter Expert I'm working with is teaching this for the first time and one of her goals is to make this a standardized course to be used in a hybrid ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm working with a faculty member who had students divided into two sides, with multiple groups per side, who then wants a group from each side to meet up and discuss (so Team A does a thing, then Team B does their thing, and then at the end they get...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies