Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on the export from WordPress and import to Canvas process.  Say I have a course site created on WordPress.  I have the ability to export all of those pages and associated files, and I believe the export file th...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

There is a course-level permission called "Alerts - Add/Edit/Delete". The official definition of this function is below.  However, when I go to look at course Settings, I can't find anything about alerts.  Can someone enlighten me about where to find...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

It's the end of term and I have a whole bunch of grades. Mixed in the grade book are a few ungraded assignments here and there. Is there a way to see any and all ungraded assignments in some sort of list format so I don't miss any?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How can I create a class email list based on my CANVAS class roster?Please let me know.Thank you.Jay

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have tried every which way to get this to work, and can not for the life of me figure it out. I have switched the video files around and still get the same result. I am creating a video carousel for my Canvas presentation at our Districts technolog...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can you set up anonymous discussion posting?

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to hide the inbox icon in the left navigation toolbar? possible CSS?

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

HelloI have recently imported content from one course to another.However since doing so both courses second pages seem to have lost the 'next' button in the lower right hand corner of the page. I have created my own button on the home page that links...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have been using grace periods for assignment submissions with some assignments, and I was wondering if there is a way I can disable how Canvas flags an assignment as late if submitted after the due date?  I tried deleting the due date after the gra...

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In the Kung-Fu Canvas module, it mentioned students being able to upload posts from either Instagram or Snapchat via the "online submission" option.  However, I have not been able to find any information that would actually explain how students would...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to publish all the assignments and all the files within a module at the same time, or to publish or unpublish all the modules within a course at the same time?I've recently copied a course's contents into a new course, and am trying to...

• 2 Likes
  • 17 Replies

where do you go to see the virtual book shelf?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We recently ran into an issue where a TA is not able to view the SCORM page in Canvas:The differences in permissions between a Teacher and a TA don't give any reason for why a TA shouldn't be able to view the SCORM page. During the import process, an...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way for a student to draw (like actually draw a picture) to answer a question on an assessment on Canvas?  I've been adding quizzes to the modules I'm creating, and I'd like to have students draw in order to answer a few questions.

• 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a question for the Canvas community. Does anyway know how to enable the Doc viewer in a course or enable annotation. I found the link in Canvas https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12948-4152719763 The issue that has risen is an instructor...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Just a few days ago, the canvas site crashed and won't load properly. I have three browsers on my work PC and none of them work. The site just displays huge icons. I called our IT help desk but he said all the settings are correct. The site works at ...

• 4 Likes
  • 12 Replies

What is the upper limit to the number of students that can enroll in a course?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I received narrated lectures from a colleague in a .jar format. These files were downloaded from Blackboard, but we have recently moved our entire system to Canvas. I am unfamiliar with this file type, but was able to download this player from Google...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have several assignments that students have completed (I watched them complete it) and its not graded or even showing them as completed. Is there something I need to do to make this happen?

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I created an assignment using a SCORM Package I downloaded from Articulate Rise and thereafter uploaded it as a graded assignment on Canvas. Upon editing the settings of the assignment, I noticed that the submission type is automatically set as an ex...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to use Blueprint, but I'm having several challenges. What I *wanted* to do is simply make a change to a link on the Front Page. I made the change in the Blueprint template and attempted to sync. Nothing changed. (23 exceptions.) Well, almo...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I transferred my class from last year and am setting up my next years summer assignment.  Everything appears to be working smoothly on the transfer except that the students don't have a submit assignment button on the assignments.  When I go look at ...

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I'm having a problem with the "automatically apply a grade for missing submissions" option. I have assignments' grades come into Canvas from a third party tool (Cengage/WebAssign). However, any missing assignments are not being flagged as missing, no...

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Embed Audio into a Canvas Page  The <audio> tag allows you to upload audio files into the “FILES” folder in Canvas, and then make that audio playable in a Canvas page.  Note: The best file type for the web is .mp3. other file types will be troublesom...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I am creating a rubric for a faculty member, but as you can see on the attached image the lines for each point value don't line up.  Is there anyway to move the lines so they all match up (i.e. 15pt value criteria box matches throughout the entire ru...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to delete a student's attempt on a quiz? I know you can allow multiple attempts, but I would like to clear the attempt completely from grades. Is that possible?

• 13 Likes
  • 28 Replies

Is it possible to create an auto reply for inbox messages on Canvas (for example an out of office message)?

• 7 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I use the student setting to see groups? My assignments have staggered deadlines and I have divided my students into groups for those deadlines. However, when I switch to student view, I can't see any of the group deadlines I've assigned my st...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Can anyone provide any details as to use of #Taskstream, limitations, pros vs. cons, instructions, Etc..I am looking for as much information about the product as possible.  thank you

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,The total score column of the gradebook is not matching with the final score. It is, however, matching with the "current" scores column. I can obtain the final scores by exporting the grades to Excel sheet. However, my student's still see the non-...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies