Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a Microsoft Word document that has a list of questions.  I want to bring those questions into Canvas.  How do I convert the Microsoft Word document to be acceptable to load into Canvas.  I do understand that I probably will have to use Respond...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to search for certain topics inside the content of a Canvas course?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I've got several videos that were produced in Camtasia 2018 that have a SCORM completion requirement to view 80% of the video. I've uploaded these videos to Canvas via the SCORM tool, and set them up as graded assignments. I've then added the assignm...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My time is valuable, as is, I am sure, all of yours. So, why must I spend hours managing my Canvas e-mail at the end of every semester? Why must I check and scroll and check and scroll just to move last semester's messages to an archive? Surely Canva...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I would like to make the answers to an assignment available only after a student has submitted the assignment. I can see that I can lock an entire module until the student has submitted an assignment. But I cannot see any way to lock an individual it...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our school uses Canvas for both online and face-to face courses. Since the school has campuses in several states as well as online courses, the time zone for courses can vary between the Pacific, Mountain and Arizona time zones. To make it more confu...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'd like to create bullet paragraphs (or bold or italicize or tab, etc.) when adding a comment on an assignment in SpeedGrader.  I don't see any menu of formatting options and wonder whether any keyboard shortcuts for formatting exist.

• 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

When I update a question in a question bank, why does it not update that question in my existing quizzes? Is there a work around to make this happen.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm updating a very old Canvas course that provides help to faculty with Canvas. When I add links to Canvas guide pages, the Rich Content Editor is creating links with no link text.  I'm far from an html expert, but I finally figured out that it is p...

• 1 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I want all my assignments to be discussions. I've created discussions (with their assignment instructions in them), but my students can't see them. Why?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have found a glitch with the "Show one question at a time" option. If you select this option in a quiz with Numerical Answer, formula question or Fill in the blanks type of questions, answering with 0 will mark them unanswered in the sidebar.When ...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Colleagues,I'd like to distribute some personalized information to each student at the end of the semester.  Right now, it's just a customized analysis of each student's performance.  This year, I'd like to add a blockcert (e.g., Learning Machines) t...

• 3 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Can I import contents of google quiz into quizzes?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Canvas Community, We are looking for solutions to embed a mediawiki page  into CanvasLMS,  and we wanted to know if anyone has found a good solution to embed an external webpage to Canvas (other than using the iframe method). Ideally, we want to u...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

So, if a student wants to participate in a Blackboard discussion, they Create a Thread.Is it correct that if they want to participate in a Canvas discussion, they Reply to the original question? And that this Reply is the same as and Initial Post in ...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I wanted to format a code block and inline code onto a Canvas page. See the examples below.Is there an easy way to do this?Thanks.Dawn

• 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone,Apologies if this is a double post -  I couldn't quite find what I was looking for in a search.What are people's strategies for doing "make ups" when students can't attend virtual class meetings?At Saint Rose, we use Zoom for online cours...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,I’m curious if anyone has figured out a nice way to separate out “blocks” or groups of similar course navigation links.Using the redirect tool, and using dashes as the name, here is one idea. Here is a screenshot using ********** instead....

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

If I am grading a "QUIZ" that consists of essay-style questions, can those questions be graded with the same tool and toolbar (DocViewer?) I use when grading an "ASSIGNMENT"?  If so, how do I find that? In my current view of quiz submissions, I am no...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a complete course in Schoology and would like to move the content without having to retype and create everything from scratch.  Can anyone help?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I'm a student taking a summer course for American Sign Language 2 online. I'm trying to complete one of the assignments that requires recording, but the camera seems to have issues. It gives me a white blank screen and I try to change it to the w...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My questions involves the SIS import of the users file.  Out of thousands of records being imported, I'm having trouble with just three of them.  They receive the following error:An existing Canvas user with the SIS ID 0123456  has already claimed 01...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all.  Wondering if anyone can help me adjust a Canvas page using tables with image buttons to a page using div tags in two or three columns.  I've referenced this Home Sweet Homepages without Tables article (thank you  @clong  but I'm still not ab...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I set up a weighted column in gradebook. I have approx. 10 assignments and they are all worth a certain percentage of the overall grade, therefore I would like a column that automatically calculates the overall grade. Blackboard has this abili...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I do not want to click thru 60 individual students to exempt one assignment...I want the assignment to be there ( for my view only) but not seen nor recorded in the students gradesHow is this accomplished ? 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I  have my syllabus in a pdf file. How do I load it into Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am reviewing a state course as a 'student' and am really interested in figuring out how to create embedded Check your understanding boxes within a Canvas page, that when answered, link to a small window that tells you if you are correct or not. (As...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

One of my students has an assignment that was turned in on time and graded but the little paper icon shows up with a light green background  instead of the grade.  How can I fix that?

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

HiI hope there is no obvious answer or else it's going to be rough on my ego.  I built a public canvas site. The setting for public has been double checked. Everything loads quite well when logged into the domain. However, disaster strikes when not l...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I type in a module, it double-spaces.  How do I change it to single-space?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies