Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Why do you release "upgrades" that don't work? In the past, we posted ONE comment that was returned with quizzes for all respondents. This year, you decided to "improve" the program by supplying options for different comments. But I can't edit or del...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hey all! So, my idea was that it makes more sense to get the run down on what something is (Details) before being hurtled into the Preview and seeing all the granular stuff. What is this resource? What types of courses/teachers should be excited to t...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello all.Ecommerce assistance needed.We are looking to create a subscription based tiered platform within Canvas, with each teacher, who teaches multiple subjects, creating their own accounts within a school account, and the teachers courses/subject...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do I add a rubric to an assignment for speed grading?

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How many of you are using Ellucian's ILP? Do you find it useful? Are you using it to sync grades and SIS data?

• 14 Likes
  • 19 Replies

ProblemTeacher creates an External Tool assignment with a Google DocSmall number of students are unable to access the document as expectedThese students are prompted to ask permission to access the Google Doc from the owner (the teacher)Despite clear...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of the greatest features of Canvas is the ability to use media to give feedback, which has the potential to speed up the grading process, improve faculty-student relationships, and encourage students to act upon feedback.  Screencast videos can b...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible in the Attendance module to mark someone as having an 'excused' absence or at least leave comments re: attendance?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change the font of what I am typing for a post on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm using an ungrading-style course where students compile points toward the grade they set as their goal. I figured out how to get the accumulated points to show in the gradebook, and I realized that I had to set "ungraded to zero" to make the point...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone know a good LTI integration for students to track their time. The scenario is that we are in need of tracking student volunteer hours as part of their service-learning course.  We would want the student to keep track of their volunteer ho...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I just did a little experiment. I created a rubric from the assignment page. When I went to delete the rubric (using the trash can icon) the rubric was completely removed from the course (I checked the manage rubric area).I then created a rubric from...

• 9 Likes
  • 24 Replies

Looking for a comparison of EdPuzzle and Canvas Arc video tools. Can anyone provide the good, bad and ugly for both? This would include the quiz feature of Arc which I believe is still in Beta?Thank you!!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello all,Very simply, is there a way to create a single Announcement and have it automatically sent to all my classes? I teach college level AutoCAD and Revit software classes, and often the announcement commentary applies to both classes identicall...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello!I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to indent the beginning of a paragraph in the Rich Content Editor. I only want the first line in each paragraph indented, not the entire paragraph. I can't find a natural way to do this, but I'm...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

adaptive learning‌ u-pace‌ self-paced coursesI have some instructors who have developed prototypes for self-paced courses. I want to help them elevate the student experience and am looking at the U-Pace model. Does anyone have experience designing wi...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can global announcement views be tracked? analytics participation‌ admin strategies‌

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings:  Is there a way to remove (clean-up) enrollments associated with calendar.  Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Cuando entré a Canvas por primera vez lo hice desde mi celular, creando mi cuenta a través de una invitación a mi correo de gmail pero cuando quiero entrar desde mi Laptop directamente desde el explorar de Google no puedo. Dice que usuario o clave in...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I allow a single student to retake a quiz?

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

We are having issues with analytics. We have lots of SCORM packages (authored in either v2 or v3 of Storyline) and the bulk of them are sending a percentage back (based on Storyline's results slide, which is an included feature in the software).The p...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello everyone, If this is the wrong forum for this, I apologize. We have begun deploying a new course layout but are running into a problem that we can't seem to figure out. In the design, we use a table to house a linkable image for each of our eig...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I - as an admin - deactivate a student on the account level without having to go to a specific course and deactivate that student from the course. Similarly, if a student is enrolled in multiple courses, what is best approach to make the stude...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I need to give #partial credit for multiple choice test item(s) within a quiz issues In Blackboard I can make each response have partial value automatically scored such as a=100%; b=80%; c=70%; & d=60% and no response=0%. In Canvas if the student res...

• 15 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am trying to create groups for an assignment. I have cross-listed my classes, so I selected to automatically create groups and select that they must be in the same section. However, Canvas grouped all sections. I want 11 groups of 3 for each sectio...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why would be the cause and solution for why the Quiz column in the Gradebook being greyed out?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone have a quick reference for all the list of icons available through CANVAS? Truly appreciate it!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anyone using Salesforce to maintain student records? We are looking to create an API or connection between salesforce and canvas. 

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone have a clever suggestion for an assignment that is posted in one module, but "due" in another module? In other words, it spans multiple modules with the submission link visible in a later module.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As we want to change a specific notification setting of all our 400+ admins (with only read rights) in our sub-account, I have been trying to make sense how the notification preferences in the interface (canvas.instructure.com/profile/communication) ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies