Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

If a student has completed an assigned peer review, but then wants to go back and add to it, or change it, is there an option for them to do that? If not, how - as a teacher - would I enable them to redo the peer review as if the first peer review ne...

• 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

We have begun discussions with our web services dept about installing Hot Jar Heatmaps in our Canvas instance. Currently, we use it for our .edu site — have any other institutions use this product or another visualize behavior tool?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

From the   Nielsen Norman GroupEvidence-Based User Experience Research, Training, and Consultingby KARA PERNICE on November 19, 2017Topics: Visual Design, IntranetsSummary: Related links are often chunked as a set, each with an icon. One bad icon hur...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if there a way to sync all your courses to your SIS with the push of one button, vs relying on teachers or going in and touching every single class? 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I know you can download all submissions of other types of assignments in a .zip file, but this feature seems disabled when the submission type is from an external tool.  When looking at a Google Doc Cloud assignment, there is no button to download su...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I've had a teacher that's received reports about the marks on SpeedGrader acting strange. Here's what she's said: I'm referring to the drop down menu when you are looking at the list of kids for a particular assignment.  It would have an orange dot i...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

No issue before--the toolbar that allows me to make in-text/inline comments on student assignments will not appear for ANY student for a particular assignment.Settings, browser (Chrome), and everything else exactly the same . . . will appear on previ...

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

In Speedgrader > View Rubric you have the option to "Save this comment for reuse" under the Ratings column.I've done this a few times.Now I'd like to remove some comments or edit them.How do I at least delete, if not edit, these items in the drop-dow...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 19 Likes
  • 25 Replies

I'm reasonably recent to the Canvas Community and I have been slowly getting around, looking at things, asking questions, learning how to maximize the functionality of Canvas etc., etc.The Canvas Community is a great place with a wealth of knowledge,...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas peeps,Question. As part of our online program, we require two proctored exams in our online courses. Currently, the community college system in our state uses live proctoring, where students can schedule a proctored exam, come in to an o...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been looking at ways to use Google docs/drive/sheets etc as our platform for students to complete written assignments without having to download documents or upload documents.A few things make this a little tricky so id love to hear others feedb...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are still a lot of courses from last semester on my dashboard. I am no longer in these classes, and they are distracting and clutter up the dashboard. How do I remove these courses from my dashboard?

• 9 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Our district's SIS import is set up to cross-list courses with multiple sections (three sections of Algebra I for example), which makes sense in a majority of scenarios. But, in certain cases, it doesn't fit the bill. A teacher would like to de-cross...

• 7 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Is there a way to download video files that have been embedded on a page? I know that it's possible to put them on another page by copy/pasting the HTML, but is there a way to actually get the .mp4, .mov, etc. files?

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I believe some of you have successfully implemented a Canvas integration with Salesforce. Could you please share some Ideas that you think would best help us achieve this integration in a much convenient way? What are the challenges you encountered? ...

• 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I want to put this question out there to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. It's hard to tell if this is a Canvas issue or not because there are so many factors involved.First, we are a high school (8-12) using Macbook Airs (2017) running...

• 8 Likes
  • 22 Replies

I have created an assignment with Turnitin on Canvas and have a couple students, who weren't able to upload their documents. They have emailed me their papers and I am not trying to figure out how I can upload it so it can join the other submissions.

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I broke the 100 mark. YIPPEE!

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a class that has recurring assignments. For example, each week they have to turn in a summary of an article they've read in a publication.Is there a way to create this as a recurring assignment? Create one assignment and have it repeat each we...

• 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi all,I noticed that as long as you assign a sub-account admin role to a user in a sub-account, even with all of the permissions turned off on that role, they can still access the Apps tab under Settings and add apps to their Sub-Account. Does that ...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our team has created courses using the Google Drive Integration LTI. First of all, our district is Google App district. We are all about Google and every student has a district Google Drive account.  Logically we have built courses pulling content an...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our team has created courses using the Google Drive Integration LTI. First of all, our district is Google App district. We are all about Google and every student has a district Google Drive account.  Logically we have built courses pulling content an...

• 9 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I have a question about embedding a pdf into a page. I understand how to add a file link, and have that link auto-preview in the page, but my question goes beyond this functionality. When I select 'auto--open', the iframe on the page is limited to a ...

• 2 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Is there some setting I'm missing? Looking through the threaded discussion posts/replies none of them have a date next to them. Just the initial discussion assignment, when it was posted. If you, as the teacher, open the discussion in SpeedGrader you...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A student submitted a paper to the wrong assignment.  Is there a way to delete the incorrect submission?

• 10 Likes
  • 21 Replies

Regarding course sites getting close to maxing their file storage capacity - is there a way to set up notification of this for Admins, please, rather than running a report? 

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm looking for a way to allow a teacher of a course to add users from outside of our institution to a course.  Due to our current settings, only admins have this ability.   For example, in a sub-account we have created for Student Services course sh...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm new to the Service Cloud ticket system. When I'm looking a the tickets that have come in, what's the difference between "Open" and "Pending" ?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello has anyone found a way to auto publish courses within Canvas?  We recently moved to Canvas from a custom version of  Canvas and the older courses that were imported over are defaulted to unpublish.  Just want to see if there is a way to publish...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am hoping that someone can give me some insight into why text on pages by default is grey and not black (see below).  Reading within the Community it sounds like the default text color can't be changed at the course level but may be changed adminis...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies