Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello everyone - I am working on our Zoom integration, but have some questions. I am wondering if anyone has Zoom configured at their institution and won't mind providing me with some support? Specifically, I am looking to know what settings are bein...

• 10 Likes
  • 38 Replies

We just switched to the new UI and we are now getting reports that the Quiz Timer and Question List for quizzes when all questions are delivered together is not scrolling as the student scrolls down the page answering questions. This issue is in all ...

• 10 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is anyone having into script problems when you are on Canvas? After a while, the site freezes an gives me script error. I tried on IE, Chrome and Firefox. I tried it on my laptop and a virtual machine. I am running into that a lot. IT suggests that i...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a feature in Canvas that allows me to create a poll?

• 8 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello all;The good news is I found the tabbed navigation code, implemented it in one of my courses, and thought it all looked great in both Windows as well as Mac environments in multiple browser programs!  I was so excited!  Then I tested it in the ...

• 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

We are experiencing that crocodoc is very sensitive to pdf format variations. Some pdf files are viewed correctly without issues, some pdf format variations have problems with math equations, and some enter a mode of "crocodoc is still processing the...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a due date dilemma I need advice on. We had an assignment where the student had issues with her assignment not showing up in SpeedGrader. The instructor insisted the student resubmit the assignment. So, because the assignment was TII enabled, ...

• 6 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HiIs it possible to add a link in the course navigation bar to an external tool? I have embedded the LTI tool for the Springshare software (LibGuides) and would like to add a direct link in the nav bar alongside pages/modules etc.As I understand the ...

• 8 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We are approaching our first semester with Canvas, and have found something of concern.  When importing courses via SIS, the courses do not appear on the Dashboard by default for either the Teacher or the Student roles.   I would swear that SIS impor...

• 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there any way to remove the icons that mark links to external sites?

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Do you know what can cause speedgraders comment icon not to be shown? We have admin user where comment icon is visible and we have another ordinary user where the comment icon isn't shown (hence it isn't possible to add point comment etc). Kind regar...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The end of the semester is coming up soon!  If you are looking for a good way to remind students to manage their time, check out this easy to create countdown timer: Free Countdown Timer for Your WebsiteI am flexible with due dates throughout the sem...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Sub AccountsI'd like to be able to organize sub accounts by different criteria - college, external users (e.g., presenters, speakers, book publisher reps), fake students, etc.At present, there is only one sub account screen, which has no sorting/sear...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Due to a process that was not tested or discussed with the functional admins (but I'm not bitter), we have thousands of user accounts with incomplete information, including email addresses that are missing the @whateverfollows.edu (so if the student'...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

When using a Google form embedded into a content page, is there a way to pass the user_id variable into a field within the form? For example, I'd like for Canvas to auto-fill the User ID field in the image below (outlined in orange) and pass that to ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to give my final exam inside Canvas (as a quiz), and then download all of my students' answers on the final (my school administrators want a copy in case a parent has a question/concern about a student's exam over the summer). Is this po...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello Admins!We are building a Trust Relationship with another school who uses Canvas. We are seeking any advice, procedure documents, and/or any suggestions you have based on your experience navigating Trust Relationships. The community has very lit...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am working with a faculty member who has tons and tons of content on glaciers and volcanoes. He has lots and lots of images. We tried tabs with Pages but we aren't sure that is sustainable has he keeps breaking the containers. It also leads to one ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 17 Replies

Hello-We are looking for institutions that are willing to share their knowledge/experience regarding sending grades from the Canvas Gradebook to SIS (Banner).Thanks so much!Courtney VolpeMontclair State University

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 21 Replies

Last week our district announced the adoption of  Canvas as our new LMS.  I am offering a series of quick 1 hour training for faculty the week before we break for summer.   As we know Canvas has wonderful resources available to faculty and I want to ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 18 Likes
  • 16 Replies

How do you calculate extra credit in a weighted grade format?1.)  Example 1:  Add an extra credit grading "group" and give that group a percent of what it is worth.   Sample:  There are several groups in the gradebook Participation - 20, Discussion -...

• 5 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I am editing a course session that was built by someone else. It looks like the session was copied for a previous session and will not let me edit within the details of the session or event. For example: If I open up a Marketing course and click on s...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is anyone using Amazon Web Service or similar content hosting services to host content like Captivate or Articulate content for your courses? If so, what have your experiences been? How would you estimate costs?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was told that we don't have the option to use a Canvas "Lite" template. Does anyone have a work around? We need to just have a gradebook, a discussion board and a repository. We can't do it manually,(ie) creating a template, upload it to Commons an...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi folks.  I would like to get analytics (specifically total student participations in conferences) in a large enrollment (3300+ users) course. Anyone have an idea how this information can be generated quickly?  Thanks,Holly

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our instructors said they lost all Question Sets when import content over from Blackboard to Canvas.Is there a way to keep them?Thanks

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to be able to list courses by their "SIS ID".  This is something that our faculty cannot change.  They can change the course "Name" and that can lead to a useless, confused, out of sequence list.  I had some faculty rename their courses ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 28 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Good Morning Canvas Admins!At my college staff and faculty are required to take some Human Resource created trainings in Canvas (Emergency Preparedness, FERPA, Harrassment, etc.). Usually in these courses there's a video to watch and a quiz to comple...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way of automatically locking a module?  I know how to unlock a module at a certain day and time, is there a way of locking it back up at a later date automatically.I have a faculty member that would like to unlock a group of assignments an...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies