Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi Helpful People, When I went to mark an assignment, there is no longer a way to access it. When I get to the assignment page, Speedgrader is gone. This is for ALL assignments and quizzes, even the ones I have previously graded using Speedgrader. He...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas Managers, Is there any way that you could restore the "mute" function?  It worked really well before and yet has been replaced by something cumbersome and unhelpful (at least for my purposes.)  I am a prof at a big public university btw. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Everytime i enter the Canvas i get a Warraning page...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m a student and the canvas app is very vital for day to day use on my main academic tool, the iPad. I have to express frustration with the latest update as if the trend of attractiveness being prioritized over ACTUAL FUNCTION continues, but now the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Canvas does not allow PowerPoint Macro Show .ppsm file types to be uploaded and used as animated GIF's with clickable pictures revealing text instructions.  What other file types allows for animated pictures with clickable actions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm a developer trying to make an LTI 1.3 application.  I just got a free account by linking through my gmail account.  I think I have set my app up through the IMS global site https://lti-ri.imsglobal.org/, and I was looking to test against Canv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've created a rubric with several criteria. One of the criteria has five ratings. I would like to change this to three without recreating the criteria. Is there a way to delete individual ratings from a specific criteria? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I used the New Quizzes today and I mostly liked it. However, when I used the Matching type question I put multiple "Questions and Answers" into one question, so #11 in the quiz had 10 vocab terms and definitions to match and I ran into a problem. I a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had a quick reality check question about the "Test Cluster Only" checkbox option in the edit view of a Developer Key. I have not used this option before in practice, and wanted to make sure I understand its correct use. I want to benefit from setti...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to use the Groups feature to divide my class into two groups. I would then like to assign the first group to do individual presentations on a particular date. The second group would present individual presentations on a separate date. I ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created weekly "Calendar Pages" for my students.  I would like to embed into each of these pages, onto the top, one single menu bar so that students can quickly click on any date in the menu bar and go to the desired page.  Is there a way to d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In my course I have a graded assignment and graded discussion. Some of my students have submitted the assignment and participated in the discussion on time. Yet the gradebook shows the assignments as missing. I can see the submission in SpeeGrader or...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a new teacher at a middle school and the first two weeks of class I have been lenient with LATE assignments and giving full credit. However, I have informed my students starting next week they will get 25% off their assignment if it's late. My i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It appears that when an attached file is removed from a Discussion, that file is also deleted from the site's "Files" page. This is problematic behavior and confusing for users. Current behavior: When a file is attached to a discussion by faculty, it...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I finished my multiple choice and short answer exam. When I click on Preview, I get an error message that says "Something went wrong. Please try again." I have done the following and still get the error message: logged out of Canvas and then logged b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I know the request for enabling turnitin.com for Discussion Board posts has been a topic addressed in these forums for years, but after some forum searching and reading inefficient and ineffective "workarounds" (ex: having students post their initial...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

1) How do I use blueprint if I don't want any content to locked, I just want changes to the blueprint course to change the sync'd course? 2) Can I use blueprint if I only want parts of the blueprint course in my sync'd course? I'm trying to make a co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am attempting to set prerequisites, so students must pass the readiness quiz to open the modules. When I go the add prep button on the Module, the drop down box only shows the prior module, not the module elements (like the quiz).    This is a roll...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are being asked to complete peer reviews on the Kami assignments of other students. This should not even be possible, and I am not requesting automated or manual peer reviews to be assigned. I do not want my students to complete peer revi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't have a comprehensive hard copy of a Test Bank file. Is there someway to download a bank and converted a readable hard copy 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I regularly use Nearpod in my live-led classes as an Instructor. I use the external tools submission to ensure the student reports are generated and show up in speedgrader. When first clicking on the assignment, students are asked to sign in, but the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I enrolled with Canvas as a teacher. I have set up a new course that has multiple teachers. I am the designer, but there is no designer option. However, I can change the role of everyone else in the course to teacher, observer, student, or designer. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my grading system for quizzes? I give my students 5 attempts for each of their quizzes (5 multiple choice and 8 options for each question). A student of mine brought to my attention that they would learn better if they were able to se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I previously had SMS notifications set up and noticed that I stopped receiving notifications. After that, I deleted my SMS contact and tried to add it back, but I am not receiving a confirmation code. My phone is on Verizon.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is for an upload question inside a Canvas quiz Please don't respond with the generic " how to submit/view annotation feedback from an assignment". That is a different topic, and no-issues there. Here, I am specifically asking about a question in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to embed a file so that when students view the assignment description, they view the file, rather than having just the file in the description for students to download. Is this possible? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies