Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello everyone. I was wondering what do I do when I finish a class early. Do I just leave it alone since I'm done with it or is there some sort of "finishing task" I need to do to complete it? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,  I have set module release dates for all my modules. I just noticed that students are accessing pages and activities within modules that have not opened. The only way I have been able to duplicate this is by clicking from the Course Summary l...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm wondering if there is anyway to create a set of "canned comments" for assignments. I find myself typing out the same comments to many, many students for common issues or problems. It would be nice to have a list of comments I create for each assi...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi Hi! I was wondering how to send messages to people for courses I am no longer taking. I wanted to email an instructor from about a year ago (as I don't think they check their email often) and I was hoping to use canvas. However, I can't seem to wr...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have set up my assignments groups and added weights. Each of my assignments is out of 100 points. How will the course grade be actually calculated? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have designed a course which takes place during the whole year and improves the students academic skills (e.g. Academic writing in English). Assignments for this course are linked to the ones of other courses. So for example the course Philosophy r...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor trying to automate giving extensions/setting due dates for certain students, but I don't understand where to programmatically access the "Everyone Else" due date. I first make a new assignment in Canvas using the web interface and ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The grade export produces a .csv file that appears below. I need each data point to appear in its own cell. I can't use the sheet which looks like these two images.       

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola. ¿Cómo están? Tengo un problema con la visualización de las imágenes en un curso que tengo en CANVAS. Si añado una imagen directamente puedo verla correctamente. Pero el problema es que, cuando creo una página nueva con texto e imágenes, estas ú...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm evaluating the use of Canopy for my school and working with 11trees, the developers, to refine the solution further. They have some powerful ideas about how to make discussions more valuable for teachers and students including algorithms to measu...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, when I access Canvas on Chrome on my office desktop I am getting what looks like the mobile version which is annoying because I do not have easy access to the sidebars on the left:     (note this also occurs when I open an incognito...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I'm currently taking a Bio 101 course and have had a series of "quizzes" through canvas + lockdown browser. After an exam, I usually follow up with the professor to see what questions were answered incorrectly in order to fill in any gaps in m...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I know what my grade is? I clicked on 'submit' and it went to the top of the page.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is dark mode gonna be available this year? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Looking at  student activity log, if every time I see answered question, does that mean a complete answer? Or could it mean an answer was attempted, then edited?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a quiz that was due yesterday.  I don't want students to be able to take the quiz, so I've set it to be unavailable after yesterday.  However, I want students to be able to view the quiz, the questions, and the correct answers today.  So, I se...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 23 Replies

Hey I have a question! If you delete a canvas conversation on the computer, does it delete from your inbox on your app as well?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the courses I am teaching students can submit any work for the entirety of the semester until the last date.  Is it possible to only see assignments with submissions needing to be graded?  Or is there a way to highlight those cells?  More efficien...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I try to get in to a assignment on my canvas for my History class it goes to a blank screen and when I try to go to a different class it works perfectly fine and when I use google chrome it works but I want to use Opera GX and it worked fine bef...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to be able to list fractions and ratios as they are naturally written (numerator over denominator).  For example 12/7 or Drive Gear/ Driven Gear (not written in sentence form).  I need a solution for New Quizzes.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am curious how the "manual unlock" option works when choosing to Moderate the Quiz.  I am wanting to give a student an extra attempt on a quiz.  The quiz is proctored and has a password on it so that students cannot take the exam at home. Question ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi Folks,  I'm supporting various teams in our migration year (what a year) to Canvas at our uni, and we're now in Exam season we're trying to identify suitable workflows. A typical workflow is submission via anonymised Online assignment and grading ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need a payment receipt to submit for reimbursement. Where is the receipt posted, or can it please be sent to my email? Thank you. Bob

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is there a way to set the default grade posting policy to manually posting grades for the whole system? Most teachers in our school like to give grades without posting them at the same time. I know it's simple for a teacher to change the grade...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Im trying to get a list of all my students' scores on a particular quiz like I do with the assignment submissions, but I can get the return for the quizzes. /api/v1/courses/$$$$/quizzes/$$$$/submissions?include=submission returns a list of 107 catego...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm loving the new reassign tool, and I understand that the due dates don't change, but I have a couple of technical questions.  If you graded the assignment, re-assigned it, and a student does not re-submit, does the original grade remain in the gra...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,  I have been working with SCORM files (created with iSpring) and using them as assignments in our local implementation of Canvas. I allow students to repeat the assignments multiple times (they are not assessable towards their final scor...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, folks! I need to insert questions that contain images in the Canvas LMS using its Rest API. I tried to use inlined images, encoded in Base64, inside HTML passed by the parameter 'question_text', but Canvas eliminates the image from the question t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We thought this might be tied to the sub-account, but that doesn't seem to make a difference, since we have other courses with this option enabled in the sub-account we tried. So far, every suggestion pertaining to this topic that I have found on thi...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Ok so I am making a banner for my shopify website and on this banner I want to showcase some of my custom work in the form of a slide show  and i want it to play automatically  but it won't What do i need to so\do? I made the slide show on canva as w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies