Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My son has an account for canvas through school. For the last three days, he logs into Canvas from his Chromebook and joins his Zoom meeting through the link the teacher provides. At random times, the screen goes blank and takes him to the computer l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Every time I open Canvas and go to the Calendar, all my classes are hidden and I have to re-enable them. Every time, without fail. This wasn't happening 2 weeks ago. Minor inconvenience, but incredibly annoying, is there a way to fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you shift assignment dates backward in bulk. I know how to shift it forward.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I make my assignments in my dummy class, and then import those assignments to my first period.  I fine-tune it in my first-period class and then I copy it out to my other classes.  In each class, I have set up in the assignments a section for the uni...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There's doesn't seem to be any documentation or guides to read about this. The one article here that covers the integration is giving me a permission error, so I can't see it: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Colder-Storage/Use-a-CRM-like-SalesForc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I have made assignments and graded them in speedgrader they are not showing up in my gradebook. It is getting extremely frustrating. I finally found a youtube video from 2016 that says they have to have a due date that is already passed to show ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once canvas course is published collaborations feature muted/unpublished, how can it be added? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking for where to post this idea or find out if it's already out there. This is needed. Grades and Course Activity are not sufficient. People is perfect for what I need. Unfortunately, that page does not copy/paste to Excel well at all. 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I completed the English Lab, but it didn't check off as completed.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is an strange thing I haven't run across before. I am starting a new semester in canvas, and I notice that my "to do" list as an instructor includes grading a couple of random assignments from a course I taught last semester and is presumably co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone figured out how to make the new RCE display audio files like the old RCE? We noticed they are putting them in an iframe in the new RCE.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was doing some work and my computer shut down. Any chance the auto recover works for shut downs? Senyo

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have an "ordering" quiz question be graded by line? Example, if I have 7 items to placed in a specific order of 1-7, but do NOT want it to be all or nothing? If the student mixes up the order of two, (flips lines 3 & 4) the quiz on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As far as I can tell, the new Rich Content Editor we are now forced to use doesn't provide any way to navigate folders of Canvas files. The only option is to filter by type and sort alphabetically or by date. For me, I've got folders with images all ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have found an EXSISTING number of Hidden courses? there's an existing course 666 and course 404 and 505 what are these courses I don't have access but what are they and who are they for. If you have any info please let me know

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We had our first Canvas class that's integrated with WebEx Training Center.  We had a large class of 20 students.  5 of the users the name didn't propogate into WebEx. All five names had the label $Person.email.primary.  The other 15 users worked at ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are seeing multiple occurrences in multiple courses, only since the start back in January.  We use the Blueprint model for all our courses.  They are the master course that gets copied over for each faculty to use who has the ability to edit as ne...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I relatively new to Canvas and I could do with some guidance. In a course with one assignment, which is set for anonymous grading, and one assignment group on the assignment page, when I mark student submissions in SpeedGrader they are anonymous a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a question group for randomized quiz questions that should pick 30 questions from test bank questions that I added in the details. There are 174 questions. However, after saving the quiz, this message appeared: "This question group is set t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why is the default size for text in Canvas at 20PX, and for other Canvas accounts at the same institution it's 12PT? For those who have the default at 20PX, when they try to edit existing text, there are no options for PX, it reverts to PT sizes? 20 ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I appear to be having an error with turnitin where I can not submit my assignments. How can I fix this. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

In the old Rich Content Editor our county would upload videos (mp4 files) in the file uploader on the right. Doing this put the mp4 on the page as linked text (similar to what shows when you upload a pdf) and then when you saved the page there was al...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With the update to Canvas, the dialogue box (when recording audio responses to students) no longer moves. In the past, a user could move/adjust the dialogue box so that responses could be read and addressed while recording. Now the responses are bloc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using API to request an Account Role Report, specifically for the Grade_Export_CSV.  I can obtain the report that I need for the current term by adding the enrollment_term_id parameter.  Is it possible to identify the current active term without...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Functionality has changed – it appears we cannot have links automatically DOWNLOAD when clicked upon.   Question = Or, can you tell us how to get this functionality back? Old functionality Link to a fileDisable inline preview   =  file would a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been setting up for semester.  The Live Teaching Times icon stopped opening.  I did relabel to include Office Hour in the title before it happened. Also I deleted the Assignment months that were not going to be used and repositioned them on th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think this new update is really a pain in the you-know-what. I love to link to all of my assignments, video pages, and individual items in my modules to my weekly agenda page and the old way was great. This new way of clicking on the link icon in t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Earlier today, using the Outlook Web App, I responded to two student emails sent from the Canvas Inbox. When I arrived on campus and opened my desktop Outlook app, I noticed that in the Outlook Inbox, those two emails were missing the Reply icon that...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of the courses I maintain has its student evaluation built as an Ungraded Survey. A few of the questions use the multiple-dropdown format. We've recently discovered a "problem" with the reporting for these questions in the Student Analysis .csv e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I click on my EdPuzzle link, I see the assignments I gave LAST SEMESTER and with only the names of students I had LAST SEMESTER. How do I fix it so that I only see THIS SEMESTER'S students?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies