Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi all! I'm adapting my department's template home page to play nicely with the new RCE, and I'm struggling to replace images in the same way I could with the old RCE. Specifically, with the old RCE, I was able to select an image on a Page and use th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I do not get a lot of the options (shuffle questions) that New Quizzes has.  How do I know which version I am using (Classic or New)?  How do I get to New Quizzes to create a quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I've set up my course to be self paced so I have not assigned due dates to my assignments. Is seems like as a result I can no longer see grade totals. Either I can select "All Grading Periods" and view grades for each assignment but no totals OR ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to remove assignments from the gradebook and student list without completely losing the content? Reason being is that our course is a year long, but I cannot accept work from semester 1 any longer so I don't want it to show up on their...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Simple question - how do I actually publish my Rubric so students can see it?Right now on my dashboard it shows my rubric as NOT visibleand I can't find a button anywhere that let's me make it visible Here is what my screen looks like:

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings Canvas Community!  I am an instructional designer at my institution, not a programmer. I've been asked to look into an issue that's created when we cross-list courses. When we cross-list courses I see the student's original section  in the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 18 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Will someone explain in clear language how the feedback and quiz availability options effect feedback? I need to know what to do for my final exam.  My final exam is composed of questions from previous exams so I do not want this feedback available. ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,   I am trying to add a link to a "trinket" I created on trinket.io into my course shell. The url I tried is https://trinket.io/edamouroux-1779/courses/cosc1519-intro-to-programming-2110#/additional-self-learning-trinkets/topic-4-loops-addition...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey,  Currently it is not possible to upload a file (Excel, pdf, etc.) in New Quizzes questions or item banks. Is this a feature that will be added in the future (I could not find it on the Timeline Overview for New Quizzes)? Or is there a way to wor...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I have some images uploaded to a restricted folder for a quiz, and they will be available as the quiz start. However, I currently have a student who would like to start the quiz earlier. I'm wondering if there is any suggestion on how to set t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't open the course menu to see my classes on my computer, anyone else having this problem?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I really like the Office 365 External Tool option in Canvas, but my students on Macs are not able to use it... Any suggestion I can give them?  When they open the assignment, the External tool does not show up for them. Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way of including a BCC or CC to oneself when sending an email to a student via Canvas?  Or is there some other way of keeping a record of messages to students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please Please tell me this is now fixed. I want the groups to have their own homepage. You can make a page the front page  in groups - but you can't assign it to the homepage of groups. The group homepage is just a blank stream page. This has been a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to add images to multiple choice questions in the new quiz engine? If so, how does one do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As district Canvas admin, is there a way to disable the option for our students to add their personal email account to their Canvas account settings?  Teachers who use Google Drive LTI are finding if students add their personal email, the Google docu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I NEED HELP how do you set a pass word for canvas??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to integrate Microsoft  365 in my Canvas course. Specifically, I want to use it as a collaboration tool. Do students need a OneDrive account to use this 365 as a collaboration tool? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have migrated from Sakai, and the one feature I miss is Mathematics in ChatRoom. I would interact with students using Mathematics (MathJax), so that I could reply with simple RG-58 is 50\(\Omega\) line, but also hairy Maxwell stuff \(\nabla\times\...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I currently use Matlab grader (as external tool) to create assignments in a course.  However, the configuration of Matlab grader is such that unlimited submissions are possible. As a consequence I have two problems 1) even if I set the attempts o...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import a course from Blackboard Coursesites? When I try, using the zip exported from Bb, I get a fail message saying it's not a recognized format.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When trying to delete assignments that has been imported, the delete option is greyed out and not allowing you to delete the assignment.       

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to create a fill in the blank with multiple correct answers that are also checked by Levenshtein distance. For Example.  Question: Name one phylum of protists with a photosynthetic organism. Possible Answers: ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I keep getting empty choices for the MC options. I go back to edit, hit the little garbage can to delete the empty ones, update the question, and save. When I go back to review, the blank spaces, and more, reappear. Any suggestions?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, There have been a few occasions when I copy a course and then receive a message sating that students are attempting to access content in a different course. Why might this be happening? We use Google LTI and often it is a Google file that the ins...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have configured SSO in canvas using username but we are getting below error: Is there a way to perform the authentication using LMS_ID? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've tried modified EVERY element for the assignment but cannot figure out why the option to duplicate is sometimes unavailable.  I have only run into this issue recently (within last two weeks)!!  [examples are from the same course]

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of the admins at our school had his 'Account Admin' role revoke recently, and I want to try to track down who revoked it, or how this might have happened. Is there any kind of event log available anywhere in Canvas which might record this informa...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an instructor, is there a way to change the order of my Canvas announcements?  I often wish to simply move an older announcement to the top without having to edit and delay posting or cutting/copying and pasting.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Many of the math teachers in our building use a 7 point scale which is based on the IB-scoring system. They have all enabled grading schemes in their course so that the total grade is displayed as the IB 1-7. For example, a student sees a 92% and a 7...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies