Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to lock students into a quiz until they submit? As a teacher I have multiple students open separate tabs and begin to look for answers or begin typing in the search engine to receive answer prompts. If there was a way to lock them in a...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I know I can monitor submitted quizzes, but is there a way to see how many are in progress? My quizzes are 75 minutes long, but I want to reach out to student who hasn't begun. Any insights are welcome. PM

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

É possível criar um fórum para que alunos de diversos cursos possam participar?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am writing clinical simulations which requires providing types assessment data that the student have selected. I can include these in the comments under the correct answer, but Canvas will only allow the students to see these comments after the ENT...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello: I am not able to access my courses as an instructor: I am using a new devise which, of course, means I lost my settings. I logged in with my registered email address. It is not recognizing me--I cannot access my dashboard with already-in-use c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students can "inspect" an image while viewing it in a quiz and upon inspection see hidden data that may describe the image and give away the answer. Any ideas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Thanks for adding that option for students to resubmit their assignment.  My question is: a) When instructors request students to resubmit, what do students view as a resubmission request?  Do they receive a notification via email? b) If student rece...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I remove the new activity indicator that appears in dashboard list view without actually viewing the activity? I cannot mark a discussion board as read because it was locked before I posted a reply, and only students who have posted their own...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong but I can't sort it out: my Final Grade column lists most of the students as having earned well over 100%. I've looked at all the assignments individually to make sure the values are correct and also che...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The new release on Canvas has a new background color palette. I would like to add custom colors to this palette; I do not like the new choices; they are too dark. Is it possible to do this? Image below is the current palette. Otherwise I have to edit...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, My computer has a headset by default, but it still does not work. Before recording begins, the program only asks me to choose the webcam, not the mic. Can you tell which mistake I am making. Thanks in advance.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

so my insitutution has set up a corse for every student at the university that is for the Student union  and we are using the announcement feature to send emails to advertise the work the SU has been doing and the events we are running.  but the emai...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add more pages to an assignment that has already been posted? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students were moved into different homeroom classes after the school year started- sometimes as late as January when remote learners returned for face-to-face instruction.  Their writing assessments did not transfer with them to their new homeroom.  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason my Articulate Storyline (SCORM courses) no longer will record results into the grading (marks) in Canvas. Any thoughts on this will be much appreciated Peter

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a domain admin, I need to change a user's role from student to teacher so that the user can create a course. I've read through the guides and am seeing lots of information about changing the role once a user is enrolled, but I need the user to hav...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone successfully integrated WeVideo into Canvas? We've been following their instructions: https://wevideo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006715733-Integrating-WeVideo-with-your-Canvas-LMS And we cannot seem to get it to work. We can create t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to set up possible dates for students to take their makeup exams.  Can students see the questions to the previous exams if they did not take the exam?  For example, If they were scheduled to take an exam during class time, but missed the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student and my institution uses Bluejeans integrated with Canvas. Every time there is a Bluejeans meeting, I receive a canvas notification in my inbox (and email) from the class with the information about the email. This leads my inbox to get ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a way to efficiently see the dates and times of late submissions. Ideally, downloading this info as a CSV would be the best option, however using gradebook export does not include date and time info for each submission. Is there a se...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is the third time in two months that a part of a quiz that existed when I tried it in "Preview Mode" suddenly disappeared once students tried to take it.  It has been three different quizzes in two different classes. On the most recent one, the ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello everyone, I am a college student learning remotely right now, and my instructor uses canvas quizzes where I am required to submit a file upload for the quiz.  Today, after not having my morning coffee and being in a bit of a funk, I believe I h...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I turn on Mastery Paths at the admin level, will that mess with grade passback for everyone?    Does grade passback only not work when it is turned on at the course level?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I am a teacher who uses Canvas on a daily basis. Over the past two weeks I have had issues with my imported assignments. Whether the assignments and modules are duplicated or made from scratch, when I import them into my own course from my fell...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone, Shortly after our grades close, our principals pull some reports that are set up to pull live data from PowerSchool. If teachers enter grades for the following grading period before they pull their reports, it skews the data (a student w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to have different sections in a quiz.  The first section would be multiple choice with attached stimulus, the second a CRQ set.  I'd like the multiple choice to be in a random order, and that works except the CRQ's have to be order.  So can ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, Does the above check-box option need a slight tweak / extension? As it stands, it's a bit misleading. If unchecked, a student's own incorrect answers are still flagged after taking the quiz. Therefore, they can easily deduce which of their own an...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Just a note to suggest that the Preview functionality ought to be extended to be more accurate. Despite unchecking "Let students see their answers", when you preview a Classic Quiz, it appears as if someone who has taken the quiz can still see their ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! Is there a way to programmatically move to the next segment after finishing an exercise in the external tool (triggered after doing a grade pass back on the current exercise)? Or like create a button that functions like the Next Button below. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies