Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,  Is there a way to hide or remove an external tool from External Tools list in the assignments area? Our tool doesn't currently have an integration with the assignments area, so we'd like for it not to be an option in the assignments area if poss...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey there, I have a teacher who would like to cross list her courses.  A few of her courses are for a full school year and the other courses are for semester 2.  Will her cross listing these courses affect grade pass back? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are currently using ILP to integrate to Colleague.  After classes began, we were asked to cross-list some courses. When trying to provision the new cross-listed courses through ILP and receive the following error:   "Course cannot be unpublished i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

if i set up new course settings now for semester 2, will I lose the ability to modify semester 1's grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Three days ago I was able to use negative exponents in quizzes.  Now when I try, I just get a blank space where the negative sign should be.  Can we please get that feature back? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

<Attn: canvas developer community> Our client is planning to purchase canvas LMS for using as organization(corporate) training tool by  using the features available in it and building a wrapper using API for the rest of the requirement. They are plan...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, My institution is considering offering self-paced courses which will let students access the course material for 3 months after they sign up. The problem is not solved by using course Start and End dates, as each student will sign up at a diff...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since the menus have recently been updated for the Rich Content Editor, I cannot get both tools to show up on the top level. Other documentation says that you can have two but, when I try to enable one that hadn't been included, it doesn't stay. In o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a teacher here who would like to hide/mute her grades on a quiz from her students, but would like her students to see their multiple attempts as a study aid prior to final grading. Is it possible to do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a tutor who is having students fill out matrices using Canvas quizzes, specifically Fill In Multiple Blanks questions. Ignoring that there exists better ways to do this, we've found that after Previewing the quiz as a staff member, or allowing...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I've been trying everything, without result. Maybe somebody can help.  A student has completed modules 1-3, but the 4th module is locked. Even though every prerequisite is done.   We've tried logging in on the computer, using the app, I've unloc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a "teacher" on someone else's account.  Is there a way to remove their items for grading from my "to do list" that does not affect their dashboard or to do list?  I like my to do list, but I don't want their items showing in my list.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm a student using Canvas. If I try to make the window larger, the white bar with navigation buttons stays in front of the file window. Here is a screenshot: Please let me know if there is a fix to this. Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our Mechanical Engineering professors use MatLab; however, Canvas will not open the .fig files associated with the program. I have installed MatLab Grader, but the .fig files still do not open. This is the detailed information provided to me from the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I made a recording with Webex "Virtual Meetings". Using that because I need the closed caption functionality. How do I share that video recording with another class? I don't see the recording I want in the "Recording Library". Thoughts please??? ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to make students into observers so that they can see my material (notes, etc) but they are already in a class during the period that I want to do this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to assign two students as co-leaders to a group?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a course is still active, and the box at the top of the grades page is unchecked (so that the total grade is shown), it will not show a grade that reflects what should have been turned in to date. The current grade can be misleading b/c a student ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are telling me that they cannot see the Comments I'm posting in Speedgrader, even though I see them and I know that I hit Submit (the comments are date and time stamped). I see that other people have commented on this on this message boar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello!  We are working on the CSV file that we will provide to Canvas from our ERP.  I wanted to get some ideas from the list on strategies others are using as it pertains to dates in the terms, courses, and sections file. I read over this article wh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ahoy, I need to be able to force a direct download of a file on a Canvas content page without it sending them to a different page first. It's very important 1) not to have them navigate away from this page, even if it does open in a new window; 2) en...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Classic quizzes (which I insist on using until they make adjustments to New quizzes), you can check the box that allows students to see their responses, but not allow them to view the correct answers. I would like students to know which ones they ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help if you can, I'm having issues for one student's assignment grade (presentation with a rubric). All presentations were marked using the rubric, and grade entered in the field (because for some reason the rubric grade was not automatically ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Prior to the New RCE, to change a link within a page I simply selected the text or image that had a link, then went to the right of the screen and selected the new link I wanted (a page, file, module, etc.).  Now you have to remove the link first, an...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am still using a video from 2015 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdxRtruoAqw&feature=youtu.be) to introduce new Canvas users to the Global Navigation features. Is there a newer video available? Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a setting where teachers can select to receive "separated" notifications for each of the courses they are teaching? The teacher I'm working with wanted to receive a different daily notification email for Class A and Class B instead of a sing...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I noticed that Canvas went through a little bit of a face lift on the backend - which is great! But, this new video player no longer has the captions button. Is there a way to caption videos with this new video player? It's important to my organizati...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a video for my student within speedgrader.  I can see the picture fine, but there is no sound. Trying different browswers doesn't work.  Checking the mic doesn't work.  Even tech support is working on it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. How to add a new language to the canvas. I want to add my language tj.yml to  canvas, I found one option https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/issues/1314  but  it doesn't work. What should I do? Help me please!!!!!!! best regards Fatullo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to export the grades per question, so not only the total is this possible? Thanks for your help, Sofie

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies