Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

When a student joins your course midway through a grading term, what is the best way to "excuse" them from the assignments that were assigned prior to their arrival?  The to-do list is long and the grade isn't correct because it shows them missing ma...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On any work students submitted on 4/28/2021 I get the following message: "error":"document_not_found" when I use speedgrader. If I try to download the assignment it gives a failed message.     I am a middle school science instructor.

• 6 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Greetings, I have an instructor that somehow imported over their original exam and wiped out the original quiz. We got he original exam back, but all of the student submissions are gone. Here is the faculty and course information if anyone is able to...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We recently began using the Outcomes feature in order to collect data for outcomes assessment. While the Canvas implementation is not ideal, it allows us to easily collect this data using a process already familiar to faculty.  Ideally, we would like...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I choose the "Split students into groups with ____ students per group", will the number of groups automatically be created to work for the entire course?  What is the maximum number of groups under a group set?  I used to be able to create 200 g...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a keyboard shortcut to insert a link to a canvas page in a course?   I'm not looking for Cntl + K / Cmd + K as that opens the links a new tab. I'm trying to quickly adjust Canvas pages with links and would prefer a keyboard shortcut to using...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The new analytics feature in the course can pull page/content views by student for the previous 14 days. Is there a way to run this report for the entire life of the course? 

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble submitting a RubricAssessment via the Canvas API. I am following this Create a single rubric assessment API doc. Below is what I have attempted along with example data and error message. What is wrong with my RubricAssessment POST...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Name: Sabine Zabarovska Institution: Northeast Mississippi Community College   Course Design Banner PROCESS + SPOTLIGHT Goals for Course Design At Northeast Mississippi Community College, instructors use Canvas heavily, both in the classroom and for...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are in the process of migrating to Canvas from BB.   We have set up the SIS integration using (.csv) files however we are planning on using ILP.   I have some questions: 1. Are there any institutions currently using ILP?  If so, any advise, any is...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How long can I access materials in two courses I took that are listed under past enrollments? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Name: Vincent Favard Institution: Aoba-Japan International School Course: The Living Planner (Template) Audience: K-12   PROCESS When your institution or course needed a solution, what were the "must-haves" or goals for its design? The main goals fo...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello - Can Canvas Report data be accessed through the Canvas Data Portal?  Trying to pull the Grade Export Report data to load to our EDW on a daily basis using the Canvas API.  If not, can we see the SQL that was written to pull this data from the ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! Can you explain why I got the message "This is the correct answer" in my answer, even though it wasn't a test. It was an essay question.Screenshot: 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Can you explain why I got the message "This is the correct answer" in my answer, even though it wasn't a test. It was an essay question.Screenshot: 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, We are requesting this from developers perspective.  Currently we are using assignment update route for all the students in the assignment. But we need to update assignment due date for a specific student. Is there any api route for this (update ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently an export from Gradebook does not differentiate between non-submissions and unmarked submissions for an assignment - both display as a blank. I suggest something in the file to indicate where there is a submission.   I would like to see suc...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,     I'm new to Canvas. I'm looking for a way to limit Teachers to their respective Course sections, specifically: They should be able to manage enrollments in their respective sections only and not meddle with enrollments for other sections in th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I know why canvas kid in jwk canvas return kid as date format? How actually the kid is define in that format. As we are having an error cannot found the keyid from canvas as it return the format of date.  This is return by canvas "kid":"2018-05-1...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send my On ramps statistics transcript to my college?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructor wants to give a quiz where students have to write certain commands. The instructor wants the answers graded. If the written command is 100% correct, student gets full credit. If the written command is mostly correct, but is missing one ite...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To make cheating harder, I want my quiz questions to appear in different order for each student. To do that, as I understand it, I must use question groups or question banks. I used question banks a year ago and found out too late that I could not re...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There are at least 3 different formats for viewing quiz stats: 1. Question Breakdown2. Student Analysis3. Item Analysis The first does not give the question ID numbers; the other two give the ID numbers, but each gives them in a different order.  Fur...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to copy rubrics in my course and save as pdf's so students can print them.  Is there a way to do that other than my recreating the rubric in word?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach a semester based course that will be taking an AP exam next week and I wish for my students from last semester to be able to review for it using materials I've gathered. I've figured out that they still have access to our Canvas course from l...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We currently use Honorlock as our University solution for identity verification and proctoring. As we have had some questions about data we've been provided and integration with New Quizzes is an issue we are exploring other options. We are curious w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With anonymous grading enabled, it is only possible to see the total number of submissions (in 'To Do' list). However, for a fair allocation of scripts to each team of graders, it is essential to differentiate the submitting students from the non-sub...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can anyone share your experiences using LaTeX in Canvas? If the instructors are using LaTex, can they then just copy and post the LaTeX code into the Canvas equation editor?  Thanks very much. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,    I'm new to Canvas API and am looking for the best way to create an identical copy of a course (with all content) from a master "template" course. The dates of items / submissions etc. for the original course don't matter. What's the best way t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to message all the students in the class, and I wanted to be sure that neither the instructor nor the TA's can view the conversation as long as they were not selected.  Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies