Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I cannot see everything on the canvas Module page. How do i make the font smaller?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many at our school are wondering if there is a way to keep a zoom meeting from showing on the students Canvas Calendar.  What we are seeing is the zooms on calendars is overwhelming some of out students, especially the inconsistent way our teachers a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With having students of different levels in my music class, I need to have different versions of the same assignment. I really don't want to make individual assignments for each Kami upload and have to assign each one manually. And I need to use Kami...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know how to select multiple assignments (in assignments with multiple groups and many assignments)? I use Cengage and it adds the assignments to the very top group and then I have to move them. I would like to do a multiple select for ins...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a couple of students that when they opened their assignment from yesterday, the assignments were blank, all their work from the other day was missing.  We looked in their google drive and found yesterday's work, but they can't submit it becaus...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My current enrolled courses events suddenly disappears. Previously the assignments/quizzes due dates in "To Do" list were showing in Calendar but now it no longer does. Been trying to play with settings and figure them out, but could not find any set...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to use Announcements posted in a prior semester. Many of my Announcements can be used again, but how do I hide them until I'm ready to use them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I imported a quiz from a colleague's course, made some edits to it, and renamed it (to quiz 5.4) (I had removed some content from his quiz that my class had not done yet). Now, I want to make a new quiz (5.5) with the content that I had remove...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an older (2012/2013) and pretty basic/standard MacBook that is running Catalina. Is my computer hardware too old to run Canvas effectively and efficiently? Am I best advised to upgrade my Mac to take advantage of all Canvas utilities, function...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Created quiz; looked great. Next day all kids took quiz with no issues except one student.  Fonts were super large or super small on some questions.  Images not appearing.  I assumed something with that student's computer.   Today, opened quiz again ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello: How do I enter tan-inverse of a variable a/b in CANVAS Formula Question?  I am defining [a] and [b] and trying to calculate tan-inverse of b/a  I have tried arctan(b/a) and get an error "unrecognized method arctan" ERROR Also I tried taninv(b/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I set a course on your site to 'Published', but I can't see its contents. I created a second one (hopefully this is only a problem contained in the first account), but the problem also exists in the second one. Can you fix it Thank you Link 1 ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello there, Is it possible to add additional participants to a conference if they didn't get an invite?  When the conference is in progress. Regards, Kerrie.    

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A novice question. In Settings > Canvas > Reports, you can configure and run default reports. This works fine, producing a downloadable file. But how do you then re-configure to run the report again? The button has changed to "Run Report". Related, I...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The directions for submitting a Google Doc as an assignment on Canvas do not correspond with its recent update.  Are there new directions that I can share with students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since Canvas had its update, my students have had trouble submitting a Google Doc as an assignment on Canvas.  I am not setting the assignment up any differently than I did prior to the update, but this is what a parent said that they had to do in or...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just took my first "class" on Canvas. It was on creating quizzes with the new quiz format. It was taught from 8 to 9 pm EST on January 14, 2021. After the class I went to the link to fill out the survey. There was another link to get the badge. I c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student, not an instructor. In MyCourses on Canvas, I created a group on the People page. I want to invite students to the Group. How do I do so?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When I log into Canvas it always opens on the inbox page, so every single time I have to click on Dashboard. It's not a huge problem but is annoying. Is there any way to set the Dashboard as the opening screen? Thanks

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student, not an instructor. In MyCourses on Canvas, I created a group on the People page. I want to add students to the Group. How do I do so?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Greetings,Can someone please advise if the Speedgrader (or grading in general) is available in the Free version of Canvas.  I have checked the guides etc, but cannot find any of the features in the Free version - so am wondering if I am missing somet...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added prerequisites to a Module and students cant access the Module or the assignments in the module until meeting the prerequisite BUT they can access the assignments through the Assignment link in the course navigation which undermines the point ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I try to indent only one paragraph in a Discussion post (like a quote), it indents the entire post. I cannot seem to indent just one singular paragraph. How do I do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,  I'm trying to do the following: https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/233/0/can-spreadsheets-be-used-with-lockdown-browser But the instructions provided by respondus are not specific to Canvas.   Has any...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, I used the Redirect Tool to place a incourse link but I misspelled the link title.  Is there a way to rename the link in the left side menu or better yet just delete it?  I can move to the hide column but want to remove clutter of misspelled ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Teachers are getting the follow error message when students are submitting Google Cloud Assignments: I know Google Cloud will be going away soon, however, I'd like to know how to help my students and teachers from getting this error.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create a question that has multiple answers available and students can select any 1 of the answers and be correct.  Here's the idea in context. We have a book list that kids can pick from to tell which book they read.  So they could re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Gradebook is blank, how do i populate the grade i submitted in the speed grader to gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my teachers published her course. I am an admin for Canvas at our school, and through the admin account the course does not have a green checkmark showing that it's published. When I act as a user with the teacher's account, the course shows u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to repost an assignment to a few students from S1.  I am in edit mode on the assignment. I click the add button to change the dates on the assignment and it let's me do that.   It will not display ANYTHING in the ASSIGN TO box so I am una...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies