Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have imported a Canvas course from last year and am updating it. I have a resource in my files that I am pretty certain is linked from somewhere on the site, but I don't remember where. Is there a way to check for links to a given file, to figure o...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to add a "link" to a Conference?  For example, I am sending home a schedule on a Canvas page with links to the online work.1. Watch this video2. Complete this worksheet3. Join this Conference at 9:30        <---------------4. Participa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to set up an assignment in my course that is also being used in a different course at the same time?We have an academic integrity tutorial that includes a graded quiz at the end. I'd like to include those grades in my course which is c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I noticed with the new update that I cannot just highlight part of the page and remove all hyperlinks in one go. I do not see the "remove hyperlink icon". I am able to go to one link and then either through the button (hyperlink) or in the insert men...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a teacher and just today learned that parents can enroll themselves as observers without notification to teachers.  (Other teachers and admin support were also not aware of this ability.) Being an observer is not an issue; we just didn't realize...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello teamSince December 18 our students can not receive any notifications for the class activities. This issue is not only with one subject, but it is also with everybody and in all courses.  The notification option is on from the students' end and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Once I have copied course content, how does it move to another course? I copied it successfully put it never asked me which course to copy it to. What am I missing?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I started adding requirements so students would have to move through my course in a specific order instead of only completing assignments and not looking at the pages. I have a few middle school students that will submit a textbox with "e" or submit ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A AUTO SAVE FEATURE FOR TEXT ENTRY WORK!!!! I JUST LOST A 600 WORD TEXT ENTRY ASSIGNMENT AND NOW I CANT GET IT BACK THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR FEATURES!!!!!!!!!!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for a principal to run a report that shows the Total Activity in ALL courses for ALL students? We can pull a total activity per course, but we need data to show a combined total of how much time each of our students in the school have ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created a Thin CC for canvas which has assignments and external links both. I followed the canvas structure by exporting a course with assignments and external tool n module. The items in module_meta has a node "global_identifierref" which I am not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a New Quiz in Canvas.  Our activity is categorizing, so I've given 4 categories and the 5 answers for each section.  My total number of points is listed at 20.  The New Quiz lets me use Student View to answer and shows correct and inco...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We started a new semester today and I have a ton of students who are showing in Canvas as completed enrollments.  The course is not showing on the student dashboard.  I have other students who show up in the course as current enrollment and the cours...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have 4 classes cross-listed into one. I have one student who is receiving calendar notifications for each period. So, he is receiving zoom meeting updates, etc for all of my periods and they are overwhelming his notification feed anytime I add zoom...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I like making images on Canva for "buttons" and setting them up in a table for my homepage. I upload them as pngs (250px by 250px) and place them into a 3x2 table. However, I get these huge white spaces in the horizontal spaces between the images ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Many of mine are video announcements. Is there a way for me to download them after I create them?  I was hoping to find a list of them with dates posted somewhere similar to the list I have access to in 'files.'

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way to link an announcement to Canvas? For example posted something to social media or another LMS.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We just moved to Canvas this past fall. Our instructors are finishing up their reporting and are looking for average grades for various assignment groups. I cannot find any easy way to identify those numbers. It seems like this has to be done manuall...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I'd like to add a student to have the ability to send class announcements, but do not want them to be able to see others grades.None of the current options, I think, I support this. Any recommendations?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot log in to my account. When I put in my log in details, the page will just refresh and at the top it says "POST data".  How can I fix this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, our graded course discussions are set to require responses before allowing students to view the discussion. Is it possible after the discussion is closed to allow all students to view all responses? We would like to make it possible for all st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon!I have a Biology instructor who has set up assignment groups per each lab students must complete.  The total number of points for each lab is 10.  She would like to drop the lowest lab (lab assignment group) score.  Is there a way to d...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Peace!My instructional design team is looking for a course sweep paradigm for Canvas.  We are about to leave from Blackboard to Canvas and we use a set list of final checklist tasks to do before we publish a course (e.g. checking links, grades measur...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How many participants can be invited to one course at the same time?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to pull questions from existing quizzes in a course to create my final exam. I thought it was possible one time to pull questions from old quizzes (not in a question bank) into a new quiz, but can't seem to remember how.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm interested in using the list enrollments API to grab a snapshot of each student's current grade in a course.  I'd like to compare snapshots taken at periodic intervals to detect when a student's grade has changed.  The currentPoints field of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a new rubric to use with an assignment.  However, the settings (check boxes underneath) are not available for me to choose.  I want to make sure I can add comments for each section of the rubric as well as overall comments, but the option i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had the modules for all my courses for this week, and I was trying to copy an empty one to continue preparing next week's, I have the empty one in different course, but it replaced all the of these week's modules in all my courses with the empty on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I accidentally deleted an important message from my inbox and i wanted to know if there was a way i could see it again.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to do this? I know I can "view as a student" and use "test student." That is not what I'm talking about. I want to be a fake student for lack of better term.  When I use student view or test student I receive a message that I don't hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies