Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered an issue using classic quizzes where not all questions are appearing in the analysis reports? We spotted it recently where we have a quiz of 30 questions. Each question is pulled in from a separate quest...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used to have a right hand navigation bar when I did a Page Edit, but it's gone.  The window of the Rich Content Editor now reaches to the right margin of the screen.  I used to be able to highlight words in the text and choose a file from the Files...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is my first time assigning a peer-reviewed assignment and I have a feeling that's why things are all messed up now. Can someone please help? I assigned a rough draft, and my objective was to grade the assignment and give the student feedback on ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create some dynamic math questions on Canvas using the formula question type. However, I have a few issues that need answering: - Allowing a range of values for each variable is too restrictive. What if I wanted a variable to simply no...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since the deployment of the "new" rich content editor, the label has been updated ("New Rich Content Editor" is now called "Rich Content Editor"). In addition, the URL of resources has been updated. For example, last week this URL was "https://commun...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, does anyone know what I can do if canvas is not allowing me to access one particular class? The teacher emailed me today and told the class is up but I cannot click on it. I am also enrolled in another class which am I fully able to access. Pl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import existing courses from Blackboard to Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to embed a Canvas page within a Canvas assignment (both being from the same course)?   Longer version:When I create an assignment, I make it the *only* page on Canvas where students can access the assignment instructions as well as the...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to reuse a customized grading scheme in another course?  I recently created a modified version of our account grading scheme in one course and hoped to simply select the modified scheme in a second course.  However, the modified scheme...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

As a student, all of my courses are listed under All Courses except for the last two. I cannot seem to locate them. Why?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello , Greetings! Does Canvas send an e-mail to all students automatically when I create an announcement?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Suppose I have a module that consists of pages to be read--but no assignments. If I list that module as a prerequisite to another module, what must the student do to satisfy that prerequisite? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Situation: - Canvas course, language: Dutch- Canvas new Quiz: Question type 'numeric'. The answer has 2 decimal places. In Belgium, the number formatting is as follows: 953,20 (so we use a comma as decimal separator). When the student enters 953,20 a...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It looks like the option on embed video link into the assignment description is gone. Now when I click the media icon I can only upload a downloaded recording or create a new recording. Is this feature gone?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

llevo dias sin poder utilizar el microfono ya busque por todas partes y no puedo

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi- I'm a somewhat newer Canvas user and I have an issue I can't seem to track down.  My class was previously set up with military time (not by me, by another instructor).  All due dates and calendars were tracking beautifully and then everything rev...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, has anyone had to contact their university admin to get cross-list permission? How long did it take? I'm not seeing the option to cross-list my courses when I've watched the how-to videos. Thanks! 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a limit to the number of questions that can be imported into a bank from a qti.zip file? I have created banks that contain thousands of questions. I have used these banks before but the image locations have changed so they have been edited i...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm editing some New Quizzes that were recently migrated from Classic Quizzes and I noticed this bug happening at random (regularly enough that it's causing me problems)—if I try to "delete" a blank in Fill in the Blanks (by clicking the x, which nor...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to add passages with questions to a quiz.  I understand that I can do that with the Stimulus function, but I have some additional questions that I cannot find the answers to. I will also be adding other questions in banks that I will be ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.We have Edpuzzle integrated with Canvas district wide. Teachers did not integrate themselves. Some students are getting an error stating, “oops configuration issue, please contact admin.” We have cleared the cache and browsing history of studen...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I don't see any question banks in my course, including hte Default (Unfiled Questions) any ideas how to get that?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to use Oauth2 with special scope LTI Advantage as specified in this link : https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/file.oauth.html#developer-key-setup I am not getting the payload that we retrieve from id_token in case of OpenID Connect or...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a language class, I would like to record (audio) questions, stories, etc. and use it as an assignment in Canvas module.  Students will be responding to my recorded questions, etc.  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The template in Canvas for Rubrics only has 2 columns for Rating criteria. How can I add 1-2 more columns?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add audio recording of questions as an assignment on Canvas module.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to place a prerequisite on a module in which the students have to view all the videos in the other module that is the prerequisite.  Does Canvas have the capability to know if a student has watched all the videos in the required module before ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I clicked view all courses and unstarred all of the courses that I don't want to see on my dashboard, but my grades from the old classes still show up when I click "View grades". How do I get them to go away?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm new here and would like to understand how to use canvas. I have an assignment due today, and I'm supposed to submit the assignment to a graded discussion post, how do I go about it. Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Confused why do I need to sign in to CANVAS?  Message post from the instructor but I am having a bit of trouble figuring out what this CANVAS thing is.  It appears to have a lot of functions but am I required to use it for anything?  In my last class...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies