Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi team, When importing content from archived/concluded courses (or any I assume) which has modules and pages with hard links to quizzes/discussions etc, the new course will retain that hard link, which points back to the original course (the source ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student with a graduate student instructor. My grade was changed and my instructor denied that it has. I unfortunately do not have any pictures of my old grade on my end, so I was hoping that my claims could be substantiated by the gradebook h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello. I am trying to export a course from one instance of Canvas to another. FYI: I am (unfortunately) the Canvas admin and I cannot "Copy a Canvas Course" because there are different logins for the different instances. So ... I opened the first ins...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas does not allow a rubric to be attached to an external tool for some unknown reason, so as I researched 52 youtube videos later, it seemed that I could create the assignment with another label like "online". After I made the assignment with the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'd like to print out quizzes for students who need the paper copy as a support.When I've tried - it shows the correct answer.   Any thoughts?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Like many American instructors, I have students participate in a Canvas discussion by having them create an initial post early in the week, and then have them reply to their fellow students by the end of the week. However, I only see one place for a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just followed the instructions to copy an announcement to other courses. However, the announcement doesn't show up in students' "to do" lists – at least not in my student view. How will students know this announcement has been posted?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the new quizzes (not the old ones), it won't count on participation? I know this because I see students completing them in the gradebook, but it still shows a ZERO in the participation field. How do I fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are planning to set up program-level outcomes that can be linked into MC questions in question banks. I would like clarification on whether the MC question's point values must match the mastery point value of the outcomes.Past information (includi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is a recent issue I haven't had before...I open a file located in the "Modules" section of Canvas, for example, an article, then I click on the "Download...."  I go to my dowloaded files and they are all named "True-#. html" once I click on one ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For a specific turnitin assignment, several students in this teacher's class are not getting the option of Cloud Submission on turnitin...it is grayed out. It has the same settings as other turnitin assignments where students aren't getting this erro...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Google Classroom, you could create an assignment that was 'unscored' and did not require total points to be added. Is there a way to create an assignment in Canvas using the new external tool Google Assignment LTI 1.3 that does not require points?...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to resize embedded media (iframes) without going into the HTML? I used to be able to get a Properties box, or just drag the corners to resize. Bonus points if it retains the h/w proportions!

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have scheduled events on our calendar and have clicked off the section every student should be in (the section that supposedly the entire campus is assigned to), however half my campus cannot see it.Is there a way to see what sections/tags a st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For example: I have a new exam file that I don't want students to see until it's time for the exam to begin. As I understand it, the moment it's uploaded students receive a notification there's a new file which they can then access. And there's no wa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to publish only the comments, but not the grade? I'd love to give feedback to my students, but not let them know the grade for each task. I tried hiding the grades, but that way the comments don't appear. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi My students have an urgent assignment to do within a limited time span. I published it with availability from 8am to 11pm December 2020. However, it keeps on saying the assignment is locked. I tried to edit it several times but I still get the sam...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two ways to get there:First:Go into Lesson Plans.  Find a module.  Pick an assignment.  Open the assignment.  Edit the assignment.  There is a radio button that can be toggled on/off for the option "Include this assignment's grades when syncing to yo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I export the gradebook, I get 4 columns that seem to be related to students' score in a particular assignment group.  I have a group called "Labs", and in the exported gradebook there are columns:Labs Current ScoreLabs Unposted Current ScoreLabs...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Assignments API returns a value that reveals whether or not the grades for this assignment are posted manually or not.  However, there doesn't seem to be a value to determine if the grades have actually been posted.  E.G all my assignments are se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas Practice give instructors the option of providing timestamped learner feedback? So that feedback appears as annotations in the learner's submitted video when they rewatch it.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just learned about annotating with a pen in doc viewer – it's great! However, I noticed that if I don't put any text in the comments box related to an annotation, the annotation disappears. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just the way it wor...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I haven't a clue how to negotiate this page for finding a moment that I can ask a question about setting up assignments in my Canvas Shells for English at Santa Monica College.  I'm desperate.  Mario Padilla   [personal contact information removed by...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I view the old Analytics instead of the New Analytics?  The New Analytics doesn't give me all the same student information I'm searching for at a quick glance and requires much more clicking around. I just want to continue using the older vie...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello,I am unable to add a quiz to an assignment group as I have in the past. When you click the + button, usually, you can select a quiz from your list of quizzes, but that option no longer works. It wants me to create a quiz. I've done this before....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

This question is a long-shot, but one that needs to be asked so thank you for bearing with me. We know cross-listing moves enrollments from the child section into the parent section. We prefer our instructors cross-list within Canvas instead of befor...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I work with the Canvas support team at Oklahoma State University. We have had an issue crop up recently, which was brought to our attention by some professors in the math department, related to the way Canvas renders equations. I am attaching three s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been creating quizzes and forms in Google for grading in Canvas.  On very rare occasions I get an error message " Student does not have a submission."  No big, I can go to Google and see the student's response in the response spreadsheet, but ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The advantage of logging on to the canvas platform is stopped using Facebook

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As a language teacher, I rely on students being able to record media directly into the Rich Content Editor on discussion boards and quizzes. Is this feature still supported in the new RCE?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies