Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello Canvas Community,  I am new to using Canvas and I am having an issue with students being able to join my courses. Anytime they enter the course code it tells them that the code is invalid. I have tried recreating the course with a different cod...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a special education teacher whose students need support with late/missing assignments over multiple classes, is there a place I can see the following information: 1. Each student's To-Do list with all the classes combined 2. A list of their missin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have chosen manually post grades and then click hide grades on the assignment.  So everything should be hidden, right?!  Then while grading said assignment you need to keep clicking hide grades to keep new grades hidden.  This is not acceptable.  P...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Please tell me that someone knows of a keyboard shortcut to access the equation editor from the RCE.  I'm remediating a calculus course that was originally created in Bb. I'm recreating all of the equations, because the WIRIS content exported by Bb w...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

In the past, I have used Google Forms, Sheets, and Flubaroo for automated grading of reading quizzes for my 8th grade ELA class.  I would like to offer a 12-15 question quiz, but select 5 random questions that are actually graded (I can do this in Fl...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the past, I've used Kidblog for certain online discussion in my ELA class. With 8th graders, it is useful to be able to approve posts/comments before they are published and visible to the class. Is that setting available in Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I was trying to upgrade canvas on my AWS Instance, but I was not able to get the canvas application up and running and got this error: /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/dependency.rb:311:in `to_specs': Could not find 'racc' (~> 1.4) among 3...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to send out a message to all of the students at our school via Canvas messages?  I need to send messages via Canvas to all the students at our school as requested by my Principal.  I am an Administrator.  

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to exempt a student from a category of assignments instead of exempting the student from each assignment in the category? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey guys, I find this interface totally confusing. Where does one find a study guide posted by Professor?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We have recently migrated to an SSO login on Canvas, integrating our website/registration system with Canvas. The integration works well, but the automated Welcome email that Canvas sends has a default URL which the students have to click on. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can there a next step for development of Speedgrader tools?  Repeatable comments, emojis, editable content. . .?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an admin I was wondering if you can change the due date or the availability dates of an assignment when some students have already submitted a product without the risk of disappearance of these submissions or of the grades for the submissions. In ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Yesterday I clicked on my two canvas classes: 1. the photos I uploaded for my classes via the dashboard are the default pictures. 2. After I clicked on my courses, the welcome page did not come up. It was the module page. 3. I tried to fix it myself,...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can you download student file (PDF or jpg) submissions to discussions

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What happens when a student accidentally exits a timed classic quiz? While taking the quiz, the student accidentally CLOSED (not just minimized) Canvas while taking a quiz. What will happen with his previous answers? Will it be recorded? can he take ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there a way for parents to see their child's login history like on the student's dashboard?    I would like to be able to track when my child is logged into canvas for at least a week at a time.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am relatively new to Canvas. I am trying to find out who has dropped out of which courses in the past. On the Grade Export Report under Account Settings, I see that there is an enrollment state column. I am confused by the meaning of the val...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all, recently I've been having trouble submitting Google Drive assignments. I use the Firefox browser. Every time I try, it gives me the error message "There was a problem retrieving the file sent from this tool." I have tried using the other Goog...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I click on an assignment or quiz title in the module, I am sent to a page that requires me to save the assignment before I can moderate it. Is there a way to bypass this step? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I reset my password after the outage, and it works just fine everywhere else I use my Maricopa email in. However, Canvas will not let me in no matter how many times I reset my password. I need help ASAP, as I have no other way to log into it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had a problem with every email from my professors going to my spam folder.  The emails come from "@instructure.com".  After putting in a help desk ticket with my email service provider, they let me know that the ip address that instructure.com s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, How long for DPBR to be informed? How will CANVAS be able to issue to DPBR that I passed if I did not put my license number in any field? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an add-on that will allow you to add automatic comments to quiz questions to let students know why they got a question wrong?  Right now it seems that the only way to do this is to manually add the comment each time after the quiz is complet...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have encountered the following issue a couple of times in the last week. One portion of MathJax text (that seems to be properly formatted) is not rendered, giving a "Math Processing Error". However, it is more complicated than just that. If I edit...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The "Mark as Done" feature is great for students to see their progress.  However, it would be useful for the button to appear at the bottom of the assignment, so that the student does not have to scroll back to the top to click "Done" after reading a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create more than three (3) paths in MasteryPaths or is that even an option?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! How do I make a design suggestion and/or see suggestions and vote on them? I am an instructor.  Thanks, Megan O'Brien

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When we were a Blackboard shop, we created a lengthy spreadsheet that listed all functionality of the system anytime we wanted to install a new building block or enable a new feature. Now that we are on Canvas, we have identified a similar need. Curi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies