Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When bulk editing assignment due dates (Assignments -> 3 dots -> Edit Assignment Dates) I would like to be able to add/edit the times in addition to changing the dates. My classes meet at different times on different days. I like to set my due times ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-18-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Using the New Quizzes version of Canvas, is there functionality that allows me as the instructor to release quiz results at a particular time and date vs. the student seeing their quiz results once they complete and submit the quiz?  I give students ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Follow me on this story: Steve takes a test 1st block.  He gets a 18 out of 20.  He looks at his score and views which questions he gets wrong.   Then, at lunch, he opens the test while sitting with his girlfriend Mel.  Mel gets to see what Steve ans...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Role: Teacher My district has implemented both a Proficiency-Based Learning scale and a "recency" policy, meaning that only the most recent assessment of a standard is used to calculate student grades. (No decaying average has certainly been interest...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a graduate assistant who's been helping professors and TAs develop content for their courses, and now that we're working on moving to New Quizzes (and I have to help export them from sharing sites to individual courses as well), I'm going to have...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an exam consisting of 10 different groups (10 question banks), each group contains 8 problems on the same field. So the exam consists of 10 problems. I know that questions within each group can be randomized but what about randomizing groups? ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,The following might sound naive - but I'm a novice at some of this - so please excuse...The list of H5P items available to me via the 'Canvas Custom Interface elements' module, where the required html coding for each type is loca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is an odd thing that's popped up. I just gave an exam to my students, and there is a question group that picks one of two questions for my students. Each is worth 6 points, and I designated 6 points in the question group as well. But it is incor...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, For some time now I have known that Canvas 'rewrites' any HTML you enter in it's 'raw HTML' edit facility. There are too many problems with this for me to even start listing them. Hence, the short version: is there a way to suppress Canvas's rewr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas Data API downloads empty files to my system. Is something wrong with the connection or is it happening only to me?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to use the to-do list sidebar as my agenda/planner, but I don't know how to filter out my old courses from the drop-down menu. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Or maybe this isn't even an option, in which case I hope that this filter c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

My students regularly feel that they are doing worse than they are because Canvas doesn't seem to have a method of setting an auto-graded quiz to be extra credit. Has Canvas fixed this, and I am just missing it?  There have been promises that this fe...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have template courses that I copy over every semester to each instance of the course.Within this course there are a few items that have non-zero default grades.If I set a default grade, will that grade apply when students begin adding the course, o...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Learning Mastery Paths would be great for differentiation for student assignments.  In the Skyward to Gradebook Passback it says that Learning Mastery Paths do not passback.  Assign to Everyone: assignments must be assigned to a specific section or t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to assign full point credit to all the students on an essay question once the students have taken the quiz (similar to how it's done for multiple choice questions)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I am designing a math 9 course and I want it to be collaborative. I started designing under new quizzes because you can share item banks with other Math 9 teachers. However, when building quizzes, you have to manually select the questions unl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What level of support does Canvas provide for alternative rubric designs? In our courses, we use a rubric where all criteria are graded on a uniform scale, with each criterion then weighted and organised into "sections," which are groups of thematica...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students send or upload documents in non-graded type assignments? If so, how can it be done?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have one class where the students see a blue dot in "Grades" when I've left them a comment/feedback about an assignment. My other class does NOT show blue dots, and I'm not sure why.  I'm guessing that I need to change a setting for the course as t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Team,I need to transfer all the data( Subjects, users, observers and students) from term 1 to Term 2.Can you tell me the steps, please?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have developed a series of online workshops in Canvas that allow students to self-enroll. Each semester we would like to clear the enrollment of these course shells.   Some of them have over 700 students participating.    Is there an easy way of r...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have an interesting problem.  I created an assignment (Final Exam) in Canvas at the beginning of the year so that students would see it on the calendar.  Just before this due date, I created the actual exam and posted it under a different title.  I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiAfter some advice, please. From a whole school perspective is there a way to see all course calendars into one whole sub-account calendar? Is there a way to live link or export this to an Outlook calendar? We are interested in a whole school perspe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,Is there an Admin functionality available that we can utilise which would not enable the students to begin an assessment (or begin to upload an assessment), until they have clicked a check box to state they have read the terms (similar to wh...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I regain access to my course; course ID isnt working??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assignments with file uploads and Unicheck enabled. I do not have my own unicheck account at this moment.Can I submit a file to the Unicheck database by using the student view and completing the assignment myself? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a New Quiz, I select the option (under Submission Attempts) to allow multiple attempts. Unfortunately, students aren't allowed to take the quiz more than once unless it is changed under the Settings tab when building the quiz. The opt...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is anyone here using a Canvas compatible, mastery gradebook similar to Mastery Connect?  We have used Mastery Connect at our school before, and saw that they were compatible with Canvas but the program is not affordable for our small school/small dis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to be able to click on the links that are part of the documents my students submit for their assignments. Is there an easy way to do this? Or maybe Canvas could enable this feature? I want students to submit documents, but part of their ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I really like to use the Complete/Incomplete option for participation in Live Lessons (I am currently teaching fully remote). I would like to differentiate between students who don't complete the classwork and students who are absent without marking ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies