Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

There are some assignments that I have not imported into Infinite Campus yet that are showing up for my students.  They are assignments where I select "No Submission."  Those ones automatically show up as missing for my students, and it's causing a l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way I can have students click one link and it open one link in a new tab and redirects them to a certain page on canvas? Or do I have to create two separate links, one for the link, and one for the canvas page? I'm trying to eliminate the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having a doozy of a time trying to import a few beautiful tables from Word to Canvas - every time I try, they get messed up, the colors and other formatting are gone and the hyperlinks no longer work. Am I supposed to create a new table each time...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One the limitations we discovered with LTI is that we can't import Results from that were not created by our application.  We have a data warehousing solution and have received requests from districts to aggregate and provide reports for all Results....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Modules list shows the DUE DATE for an assignment under the assignment title (next to the point value).  Is there away to change that to show the ASSIGNED date? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all - this is a Canvas/CidiLabs question. Currently I am trying to import course materials from another already established course into a new course with a template I designed through CidiLabs. When I'm designing a page I set the template on the p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are two issues that have been occurring frequently enough to be very frustrating: 1) when switching between question types while creating a quiz, sometimes the dropdown will add blank options. I have to save the question, then open it again to ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im a student and usually when the teachers put a new tool, there is a button that you press to load the tool. Recently, on my chromebook, the button disappeared so I cannot click to get the tool or submit it.(which is usually just a google docs). How...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please help me figure out the grade posting policy and hide grades.  Since Instructure took away Mute Grades I have not been able to make much sense of the new policies.  I thought I understood that if I wanted to grade an assignment and make comment...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I copied a module over from last quarter and forgot it would get copied over as published. A super studious student happened to see them pop up on her To-Do list and she submitted two assignments before I realized what I had done. I have done enough ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, when dropping lowest score, how does it show in gradebook? Is it blank? Does it have a color code? I am not sure if a blank score is from the lowest dropped or a missing assignment. thanks  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know what order the students are in when the Student Analysis report (csv) is generated?  It doesn't seem to be name or student ID number.  Is it when the quiz was started by chance?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a teacher who is leaving for good mid-semester. We need to move all of the classes, grades, assignments, etc.. to the new instructor. We did this once before and must have done something wrong. As soon a we dropped the old teacher from the cl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a create your own story assignment that I would like to put into canvas. The story has multiple blanks for the student to enter their own answer there is no wrong answer. Example: The                  went to the store to buy some             ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there written info someone can share here on this specific part concerning Groups?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working on creating an LTI plugin for my course.  How do I go about creating all of the OAuth keys that I need for this to work?  Should I just generate some RSA keys?  How to I generate the necessary keys?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I assigned an LTI External Tool (A Google Slide Presentation), and when student submit I get a "No Preview Available" messagein the Speed Grader.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student, and had completed a quiz the night before. The next day while preparing to review the quiz in class, I had opened the assignment only to be met with the page telling me i had never attempted the quiz at all. Has anyone else experience...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our organization is using canvas for adults across an entire state with our organization being the admin or teachers of the course. Some of these or "students" already have an account with Canvas and would like to be able to see all of the Canvas cou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello - We are still using Classic Quizzes. I have a teacher who is using question groups to randomize the questions on his quiz. Example:4 question banks, each one focused on a certain topic, let's say "Topic A," "B," "C," "D"Pull 5 questions from e...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to filter the Gradebook to show multiple assignment groups? I would like to see a view of the Gradebook using, for example, 3 of 5 assignments groups.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor in an engineering course.  To meet ABET requirements, I need to provide three examples of student work for every assessment in my course.  This means I need to find a way to somehow capture *completed* assignments and quizzes in Ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can the students see the name of the group set? I know they can see the name of their group. I am wondering for differentiation purposes.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently we found that about 30% of our grade passback requests via the LTI Grading Outcome Service fail.Bellow are the HTTP responses for the error messages we get. If anyone has an insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!     HTTP/1.1 4...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm struggling to link Github Classroom to my Canvas class. I've followed the steps at ; Github Classroom link to Canvas, however, I get a 404 error page when I try to click on Github Classroom in my Canvas page. Any ideas on why the Canvas page is u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My University is currently migrating from Blackboard to Canvas. We have a course where the points in the rubrics from Blackboard aren't showing up in Canvas. All the criteria and text is there, but the points have 0. We haven't had any issues with ot...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have noticed that Canvas Quizzes (both the new and old versions) do not show up at all on my To Do list. They don't appear when students first take the quiz on the due date, they don't appear when students retake a quiz after being allowed another ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello! I have an issue: My assignment is visible in the list between different teachers, but students can't see it in the list. If the teacher provides the link to the student the students can see the info of the assignment (if they have access to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, We are trying to run a report to see who accessed our school Canvas courses on a specific day. We know you can run a "Last Access" report, but that will just show up to date information. Instead, we are trying to find out which of our students...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have switched to Canvas this semester, and I've found that the annotation tools on Google Assignments are considerably more user friendly than what I have at my disposal on Canvas. In Canvas's defense, I find that the formatting and organization o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies