Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a group assignment.  I just created the groups and think I have set it up properly but want to check.  I didn't find a way to verify this in student view.  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

so i made a mistake and deleted my profile picture and can't get it back... (i took it via my computer camera btw) i changed it and then regreted it afterwards so i got rid of it and now can't change it back to the original... how do i get it back?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Is there an option to post like an overview of a teching course on the webpage of Canvas or any related page? So future students or anyone interested could have a quick look on the contents of the course and main features without creating an a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student is taking a canvas quiz on chrome, and they open up another tab on safari, canvas would not know this? More so it would not say "Student stopped viewing quiz tab" in the log, right?  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I entered a quiz, I couldn't enter any questions and all it says is "Loading...". 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think I accidentally put I was underage. I’m 40  How do I change?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added child's calendar feed to my shared iCal and it has every class assignment on it, instead of the selected soccer schedule.  How do I remove the original feed?  And, is it possible to only add selected schedules?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My QTI files are now ONLY importing to New Quizzes.  This is not something we need right now, and a choice should be given on where to import - Classic or New Quizzes. 

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Trying to reset my password but got this emai, instead: You requested a confirmation of your password for logging into Canvas. This address is associated with the login, "116075409168895416297". The password for this login should have been given to y...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes when i do my work and it takes a long time, when i click submit, it logs me back in and then all my work is lost, at first i thought it was just a bug, but then it happend again, this is very frustrating, please fix it, or create something ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to link a document posted on canvas to hypothes.is

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In our school we make a module for each week. I'm in elementary so under each day I have many items (math, ELA, science, writing). This makes my modules very long. The only solution I have found is to try to indent to make like an outline format. It ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our previous LMS would tell students where they ranked compared to all students in the course, and I would like to enable this in Canvas. I'm not looking to share scores in any way, simply a number, so students understand where they stand and perform...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello I am trying to reach an instructor for help on assignments.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How as an instructor can I change the headings and percentages in Gradebook?The way they are listed does not align for me. Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Over the last few months our team has been noticing missing words, or words being randomly cut out when copying pasting from Word to the RCE.  We're trying to narrow down the issue.  But it seems that it happens whenever there is one word at the end ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was taking a final earlier today and every time I clicked an answer my whole page froze so I had to refresh my page for each question. Does anybody have a solution to this problem? I tried restarting my computer and I have not had a problem like th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have logged into our course and see all of our tabs, however when I click on them nothing happens.  For instance, when I click on the people tab none of our students is shown.  Actually I click on any of the tabs and nothing happens.  I was checkin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I created a free k-12 account for grad school, and today it was all gone. Under all courses shows only the template. I can see the course name under history, but once I click on it, is says "Whoops... Looks like nothing is here! We couldn't fi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a rubric inside of an assignment. I want that assignment to be the same in 8 modules in the same course.   I can copy to into each module, edit the name, but then it changes the name for all previous copies I have made.  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, all -  I have one student who submits PDFs that Simcheck will not check.  PDFs work for other students, but hers always show as clocking.  I can see and annotate her file - I just can't get a similarity score.  I've tried the "resubmit to Simchec...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to be able to leave a narrative comment reflecting on each student's performance during a grading period. There currently doesn't seem to be a way to do this--instead, we can only leave comments in response to specific submissions. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school recently purchased surface pro tablets. I currently use a dell laptop and a chromebook to record my lessons and they upload just fine. My lessons range from 10-40 minutes. However, my surface pro won't upload anything that is loner than 1 ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working for a grader at a college course, and so far we have had two assignments and a midterm.  The assignment uploads in speedgrader allowed us to see a preview of the .pdf or .docx file that students uploaded like this:     But for the midte...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The instructor has SSd students and uses lockdown browser for all her students. The students she moderated did not give the extra time to and quizzes were submitted and graded. Is there a way around this or fix this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i think it would help a lot of people like me if canvas made a search bar at the top of the modules page so we can search the lesson right away

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, We face a need to customize attributes imported from Microsfot 365. We have succefully configured microsoft authentication, but we need for automatically created users to have a diferrent sortable_name than thei full name. We're running an open s...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our SIS integration is via the Canvas REST API.  Recently, it feels like the API has changed and it's causing us a headache.  So when an instructor/admin/etc. deletes a section in canvas it becomes unreachable from the API.  And, attempts to recreate...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get an excel spreadsheet report for the class results from a Canvas New Quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies