Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My Pages listing is getting quite large.  If I back up my Canvas into the Sandbox, can I delete MANY of the pages I have already done?  I feel like my Canvas has too many "saved" pages and I would love to clean it up.  Is this a viable option?  Wil...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What's happening with Flash as it relates to the Canvas plugins? Canvas, itself, should be fine; but will the 3rd party plugins have issues now that Flash will no longer be supported in 2021?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello there,I am a student who just encountered a technical issue during my online exam on Canvas Quizzes. So my exam requires me to upload my answers in a pdf and attach it to the particular question on canvas quizzes. After I had uploaded my last p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I have been reading through the question forums and found that the Canvas Quizzes autosaves our answers typed into the given boxes. However, does this autosave function apply to documents and pdf files that are uploaded into the given boxes...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm trying to write multiple choice questions for an upcoming math final exam and the equation editor seems to be working fine for entering equations in the statement of the question, but is printing the latex code after the answer choices.In...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to edit to mark an already submitted assignment (with associated due date) as Missing?  I often have students submit wrong file or incorrectly submit file so it does not come through and, in addition to comment/feedback, I would like t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does Microsoft assume that all parts of the software is implicitly intuitive? Under whose intuition?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is it possible to create a rubric without points attached?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Images in an instructors course are displaying as a large lock icon. I'm assuming the issue is the permission settings in files needs to be set to published. Myself (canvas Admin) and the instructor are unable to change the permission setting. When w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can imported assignments go straight into the assignments group, instead of it creating the imported assignments group?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking into lockdown browsers that integrate with Canvas. I am wondering if anyone knows one other than Respondus so I can compare and get multiple quotes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and for one of the multiple choices questions, one of my students told me after she submitting the answer, the canvas changed her answer, for example previously before submitting the she chose 2.5 and she did not choose 2.0, but af...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having the same problem submitting a video assignment. I first tried recording on my phone and then uploading to Canvas, but the file was too large, 1.03GB. (The video was about 20 minutes long for the assignment.) I tried compressing the file an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! So I set up my assignments to be locked at the end of the six weeks. I still have students submitting work.  HOwever, since the grading period is locked by my district, I can't do anything with them.  Plus it still shows up on my To Do List.  How...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students take timed assessments in Quizzes next. I have them submit a picture of their scrap paper in the comments after the timer runs out. Some students get an error message saying they are not authorized to submit in the comments. Other student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I got a message from a student.  I would like to reply to that message.  There is no reply button.  Usually, there is a reply button....Normal message:This message: When I click on the settings menu, there is no "Reply All" option... only "Forward" a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a blog or change log somewhere that Canvas documents changes they make to various reports? Specifically we use the Provisioning Report and every once in a while the columns change (most recent change: a new column has been added at the end o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello folks,I have a crosslisted canvas course (3classes) I am slowly moving all of my other classes quizzes to the new quiz format using the migration option.  All have worked so far except the cross listed class.  Any suggestions to get this to wor...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students submit their OneDrive embedded assignments for a long term log they must maintain for the term. they start the submission with their first entry and submit, and everything is fine. Then when they go to submit their second entry, the previ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to delete just one reply to an announcement, but keep the initial announcement and other replies?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I guess we had an update, because now when I try to create a question that contains equations in the answers or feedback, all I get is the code for the equation showing in the RCE rather than the equation I typed.  What is far, far worse, is that if ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When an instructor adds a new item to a rubric, we cannot place it in the correct order. A google search found us this: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructional-Designer/How-to-Reorder-Rubric-Criteria/bc-p/268429 which seems ridiculously comp...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-08-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I've installed Canvas on my server and am trying to install an external app using LTI 1.3. According to my Admin View I was successful in creating a developer key associated with the external App: However, when I then click on Settings->Apps, it...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a Canvas Acct and followed the directions posted here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Observer-Guide/How-do-I-link-a-student-to-my-user-account-as-an-observer/ta-p/539 Issue is, after step 2 (click on Settings), I do not have an observer o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Teacher/Instructor I already understand how to embed a video (both youtube link & uploaded file) to a Quiz. What I want to have happen is for the questions associated with that video within the Quiz to be able to be scrolled by the students beneath t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

My elementary teachers have a course that goes all year long in Canvas. We do have trimesters but since elementary does not stop at a trimester for a final grade and they do not sync their grades to the SIS, how can they delete grades to start the ne...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team, I have recently acquired a Scorm package from a content creator. Testing has been initiated via Cloud Scorm and completion obtained upon course completion. However, when I uploaded the Scorm package to Canvas completion isn't recording for e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am currently running the canvas site for my college and need to find out who my CSM is?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a 20 question multiple choice Quiz for a mathematics assessment.  This morning it was working perfectly and then suddenly the equations were not loading properly.  When editing you can no longer see the 'basic view' but rather the code behind ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am beginning to feel like a broken record.  I have been frustrated by multiple answers in the old quizzes not giving partial credit.  So, I decided to use New Quizzes because someone said you could give partial credit. Now, you are telling me that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies