Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Someone has signed up in an canvas organizationg with my eamil. How do i remove my email from that persons account?? i Keep getting emails about courses updates and stuff.  I tried to contact the university but nothing have happend How do i remove my...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied the everything from a course that I am currently teaching into a course that I will teach next semester.  I am trying to delete some of the file folders that I don't need for the upcoming course but there is no delete icon or option for the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When attempting to clone forked assignments from GitHub to my terminal, I am receiving an error that reads: C:\Users\Fitz\Development\code>git clone git@github.com:fitzgebt/welcome-completing-assignments.gitCloning into 'welcome-completing-assignment...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi folks, I was just trying out the Edit Assignment Dates function for the first time. Unfortunately, the space available for the titles is too short (see photo). Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you in advance.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recently copied the wrong canvas course into a new "blank" one, so I would like to reset the course content and start over. I looked up how to do this on canvas and found this guide. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-rese...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have 2 assignments that are group assignments and the rest are individual. I have them set up correctly I believe. I have divided the class of 166 students into groups. For the group assignments, I marked them as such and put to use the Assignment ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor. For most of last semester, I was able to simply create a new page, then click on the menu icon of the 'plug' and it would open the Teams scheduler, giving me date and time options to choose from. I could create links within each w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I want to integrate Jupyterhub with canvas but i couldn't,  Is there any possibility to integrate ?I don't want to use illumidesk rather jupyterhub is cool for me... 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Canvas account and I have developed several modules but now I need the admin button in the left menu bar and I do not have it so how can I change my lore from a teacher to admin?Best Birgitta

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot import courses nor course content into my new courses. I have gone through all the steps that I've used for years. There is no pull down menu for choosing previous courses. If I try typing a course name in the search box, it doesn't show me ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I get imported material from a pervious canvas site to show in a new canvas shell

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been working through a number of API calls recently and seem to have hit a wall with 'Bulk update column data' and was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion.  For testing purposes, I am using Postman to create the API call. Parameters: I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,How can I set up the "bogus ignore it "as the default option for grade uploads to canvas? If i have a 30 column xlsx/csv file I don't want to develop Canvas Tunnel Syndrome by clicking 30 + times. In Moodle it's a default option, makes me think th...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to move all the readings for a course from one semester to the next.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want students to fill out a form with information about themselves on Canvas. How can I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am attempting to bulk edit due dates and availability dates.  I select all assignments with check, however they don't update. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning - First time canvas user here.  I'm working from a textbook that has 12 chapters and 12 premade quiz files.  I can upload the files and create 12 quizzes.  However, it's a 7 week class.  I want the students to take a quiz on chapters 1-3...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to create lessons through which students can navigate.  Students would answer questions at specified points in the lesson.  I need the option to require students to answer correctly in order to move on or to be redirected to review the as...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have asked the Community about importing outcomes to a course. I am a teacher that uses Canvas at a school that does not use Canvas. I created a CSV file of a few outcomes (to test) that I imported to a Canvas course. I received this email:Hello 11...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I used the free version of Canvas and I've viewed the following page https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-restore-a-concluded-enrollment-in-a-course/ta-p/930 to try and restore a concluded course. However, when I click...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've copied my course over from a previous semester and was easily able to batch update assignment due dates. But, I cannot figure out how to batch update the release dates of my announcements. Am I stuck updating the release date of each announcemen...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

From what I have found on other people's posts, if a student clicks on another tab, canvas log will mark it if the student didn't open a new tab, the student opened a pdf file of lecture note saved on his computer instead. Will canvas log mark flagge...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when initially assigned to an assignment, only a few students were selected and assigned the assignment. when editing an assignment, the remaining uses are automatically selected for assignment. what should i select TA permission on admin setting opt...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When Creating an assignment we defined the Assignment Type (refer to the below snapshot). Can anyone please tell me in which API I can find this Assignment Type? Thanks in Advance!  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Part 1: Several guides on Moderated Grading suggest that after publishing the assignment and selecting the Moderate button, it should be possible to assign certain graders (max 2 per student) to certain students. However, I am only seeing a list of t...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've been marking attendance on Canvas for the entire semester. When I run a .CSV attendance report (excel) for 2nd Quarter (from 25/10/2020 to 17/12/2020), it does not include all the days I took attendance on and is inaccurate (showing absent for s...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the canvas app as a student, and when I open to my dashboard, my view is often different than the default displayed here. My canvas tabs are located on the bottom, and course cards are on the left hand side. The main portion of the screen ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I download group membership. The post with the api information - Automated report of group sets, groups and members in a course - is no long available.

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When adding an LTI Key in the Developer keys section, I am receiving an error "Must have at least one redirect_uri defined.". What could be the reason for receiving this error?  Public JWK:{"title":"(SATool)","description":"1.3 Test Tool used for doc...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All of students' submissions on a recent assignment have the following message:  This file is still being processed by the plagiarism detection tool associated with the assignment. Please check back later to see the score.I click the "resubmit" butto...

• 1 Likes
  • 18 Replies