Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am an instructor and am able to download assignment submissions, but cannot view them on Canvas. I have checked my browser compatibility:Chrome 86, MacOSIncognito modeHardware acceleration offAny other suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wanting to remove a rubric from an assignment that has already been marked in Speedgrader using the rubric tool to total marks. The assignments have not been released to students as of yet. My question is: will this impact the scores provided us...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to add a new language in the list like nepali in canvas. What is the process of adding a new language. What tool do we use generate the translation files in config/locales 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I submit a mark for an assignment for each of my students on speedgrader, will every student see all the students marks or will the students only see their own?

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am an instructor using the canvas free-for-teacher account. I set up a Quiz on it where the students need to upload a pdf file as their answer. On clicking speedgrader to grade the quiz, I cannot see previews of any of the student submissions. I ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

im taking this because im behind the times I suppose where doI start with this first assig ill take any help i can get please 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assigned my students to peer review each others' essays. I set it up with a rubric, with anonymous reviewers, etc. The Canvas instructors' guide says that "The Peer Review page for the assignment will show the names of students who have comple...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a student and was trying to upload a google slideshow file to an assignment, but no matter what option I pushed it wouldn't let me upload it. I have contacted my teacher, but they have not gotten back to me. Can anyone tell me how to add ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Unfortunately, we have a student who says they submitted work which we find out subsequently was not submitted. I am trying to help the student understand that when submitted, it shows the date and time for submission. However, the student indicates ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason my tool is not able to "view" some of the line items in a course. Any idea how to fix it? Here are the details. We work with several schools, but North Missouri started having this issue FOR SOME STUDENTS. If you decode the id_token y...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a test bank in examview and exported as a blackboard zip and when I import to canvas it is the first question repeated.  Have you had this issue and do you know how to fix it?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When reviewing a students attempt in Classic Quizzes I am rerouted to the lockdown browser. This has only happened on my quizzes that are made in Classic Quiz mode.I have tried to restart my computer, same thing happens. I have also had this happen t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the regrade option in the new quizzes for a question.  I followed the instructions on how to regrade, the question was out of 1 point and it stayed out of 1 point.  After hitting regrade, I checked the question and it made the question out of ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In MyMCPS, I used to be able to see the tiles for every course for all 3 of my kids. It almost looks now like there is a limit on tiles because I see all of my 5th grader's course tiles and a few of my 7th grader's and missing the rest of those and m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With some students, the document icon remains visible in the gradebook even after the assignment has been graded and the grade submitted.  Why?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking for a way to automate, via the Canvas API, quiz extensions for students who have disability support needs.I can do this for classic quizzes according to the documentation here: https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/quiz_extensions.htmlHo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, first of all thankyou for anyone taking the time to view and help with this issue. I have installed Canvas LMS using a bitnami Azure VM image. I have used their tool to generate an SSL certificate so that users can access the server over https...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a faculty member, and I do not log into my Canvas inbox to read individual emails. I have them forwarded to my work email account. The problem is that the text always stretches beyond the right margin of the page in Outlook. In fact, the email b...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I change quiz scores grades from "latest" to "highest" after they have been submitted?Deadline is past. Quizzes are complete. Looks like some issues with incomplete latest submissions. So I would like to just use "highest". Can I do this after th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day! I was wondering why after successfully creating  Google LTI documents in Collaborations in my five courses, I am now receiving an error 401 message when I try to create new docs. I also noticed that the names of my students in the add colla...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, i am having problems with my evaluations, specifically with the time. My course teacher gives me 90 min for example, but when I start my exam it closes with 1 min of time, or when I answer the first question and move on to the second, the evaluat...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor posted content in our course's Google Drive. I clicked and authorized Canvas to access my Google Drive. My issue is that I am only seeing my Drive folders and files. The course uploads do not appear.  Is anyone able to help or had simila...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/39936 Lead in the delivery of instructional technology support services and the professional development for faculty related to the effective design and use of educational technologies. Align the use of educational tech...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi -Sometimes I have students miss the window to take a quiz, and would like to allow them to take it late but only for partial credit. I know how to change the window so the student can take it late but is there any way to say “on this attempt the q...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am importing a New Quiz into one of my courses.  I can see the questions in the original quiz that is in the shared course with other teachers, but when I import it into my own course it shows up blank with no questions in it.  Why and how can I fi...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I manually entered grades into a Canvas Exam (quiz) in the grade book. Students were able to see their grades after I entered them. However, today they are not visible anymore to me or students.Here is a screen shot of what I see: and if I click on a...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

LMS Structure Is:1. Course-1 -> Upload your drawing -> Submission Type LTI1.3 as external tool2. Course-2 -> Upload your video -> Submission Type LTI1.3 as external toolLTI1.3 external tool is configured using the admin account and has the same clien...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get rid of or delete an old course that isn't being used anymore? The platform is already messy and it's difficult for my 3rd grader and me to figure out what's going on, I need to clean it up. We have last year's teacher's class still up. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My guidance counselor changed the titles of two of my courses on infinite campus. She essentially flipped the two classes. When I taught reading it was called language arts and when I taught writing it was called reading. So, she changed the titles. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently graded an assignment using Speedgrader. As usual, the grades appear in the gradebook when I look at it in my browser. However, when I export the gradebook as a .csv file, the column for that assignment is blank. Other previously grade...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies