Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am trying to set up a parent account.  It will not let me get further than the pairing code to get set up as an observer.  I have been trying to do this for THREE weeks.  I have an account as a teacher, I have also stolen my son's account and insta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What happens when you use the Edit to set different settings at the same time as using Settings on a New Quiz.For example:1.  It lets you set a different number of attempts on Edit then in Settings.2. It lets you set a different total score on Edit c...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm grading essays and I know that I will come across the same issue throughout the paper, is there a way to add a reference back to a single comment?For example, if I note misspelling, improper capitalization, or a formatting error throughout the pa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I know if I get "New Quizzes" option?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students are working on a Google Slides assignment that is pushed out through Canvas this way, does the document automatically save like it normally would when using Google Slides? Can they also access the documents through Google Drive? I'm hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach both in-class and virtual students with the same assignments on Canvas, however, my in-class students receive paper copies whereas the virtual students are given a digital copy. Is there a way for an assignment to have both a Submission and a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Developers -  Can we please update the grade sync options? Can I schedule a time for all of my canvas gradebooks to sync to skyward? Daily? End of the week? Can we add a button to the instructor homepage to sync all of my canvas course gradebooks to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know how to create, manage and add rubrics to assignments. But when we add a saved rubric to an assignment, we get the huge cumbersome "find rubric" dialog that requires me to browse through hundreds of my past courses to find the exact rubric for ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was going to start working incredibly far ahead, but I'm unsure whether or not Canvas will store answers that far ahead of time. There are no time limits to the assignments. I will be submitting them in class ranging from next week to 4 months. Doe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of my students says she is able to see where she left off in Canvas Modules.  The specific item where she stops is underlined.  What setting has she selected to make this happen.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a teaching observer see the messages you send to individual students? Can they see the comments you wrote while grading assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My columns of grades and assignments can not be seen in the Canvas Gradebook. I am able to see only one for some particular reason, and that is the only assignment that is being used for students' averages. I was able to see the columns of grades and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does Canvas provide an option to message parents/observes of Students who are missing assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be extremely beneficial as an instructor to be able to have a saved message signature that automatically populates when sending or responding to messages in Inbox. Does anyone know if this is possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been unable to unpublish my course because it has "graded assignments." Nearly all of my courses have graded assignments and I've always been able to unpublish after the course is over. This course is from over a year ago so I don't want it pu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I help with resource and I have my own course set up, if I copy an assignment that a student needs to complete --and when they submit via my course it there a way to also submit it to the original assignment- with the teacher??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does an observer connect to more than one student?  I have a parent who is experiencing difficulties connecting to my student because they are already observing their sibling.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, In addition to the below... https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/What-types-of-media-files-can-I-upload-in-Canvas-as-an/ta-p/1142 ... is there any further guidance about what is the best practice around uploading image files for us...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to msg my instructor after having failed my 3 atts on my canvas quiz 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have turned off the feature for the Canvas Inbox to be sent to my email because it was overwhelming with other school-related emails. I could never get my phone to sync up with getting alerts from canvas inbox, however when it is just coming to can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I sent a New Quiz to another teacher and when she imported it..it was blank.  Nothing showed up but the title.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student is disqualified from taking an exam, can he be barred from opening it? If so, how do you do that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I got this: PUT /api/v1/courses/16099/mastery_paths/rules/178: undefined / undefinedwhen i tried to change one step in my mastery path.Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?Thnx, Nes

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The outcomes have duplicated and are used for several standards.  How did this happen so I can avoid in the future?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have assigned several EdPuzzles to my students.  I finally noticed when I went to look at my grades on Infinite Campus that my EdPuzzle assignments don't show up.  Upon further investigation I discovered that when I have an EdPuzzle assignment ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't want to COPY it, I want to MOVE it.  I have a completed assignment that I want to move from reading to writing.  How do I do it?  Thanks!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,   I am an admin trying to set up my teachers in Canvas,. I have added all of them to my system by email, but it thinks they are students and will not allow them to create classes. I made cure to check off that teachers can create courses in th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have students who moved from one class to another.  I downloaded the gradebook before the change was made so I could transfer grades to the new class.  I have updated the grades, but the assignments show up as missing on the student page.  How do I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I wanted to know if Canvas automatically checks for plagiarism when a student submits their document NOT through turnitin or other 3rd party checker, but instead adds their assignment directly through canvas submission.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For my quiz (new quiz), I granted extra time in the Moderate page. I did this via accommodations for several students and also added time for one student who had internet problems. However, the quiz still autosubmitted at the time limit set for all s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies