Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

It's great to be able to "message students who" from an individual assignment.  It would be even BETTER is we could include their observer in that same email.  This would greatly increase contact with parents without increasing teacher workload. Than...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello: How do I enter tan-inverse of a variable a/b in CANVAS Formula Question?  I am defining [a] and [b] and trying to calculate tan-inverse of b/a  I have tried arctan(b/a) and get an error "unrecognized method arctan" ERROR Also I tried taninv(b/...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It would be grand if the RCE had a calendar button that you could use to insert long form dates into the content without having to check manually for the accuracy of day and date. Such a feature could also be linked to the assignments in the Canvas c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I set a course on your site to 'Published', but I can't see its contents. I created a second one (hopefully this is only a problem contained in the first account), but the problem also exists in the second one. Can you fix it Thank you Link 1 ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To make a quizz, we can choose to import a video from Studio. But with New Quizzes that does not seem to be possible anymore with all the same features. is there a way around?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello there, Is it possible to add additional participants to a conference if they didn't get an invite?  When the conference is in progress. Regards, Kerrie.    

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A novice question. In Settings > Canvas > Reports, you can configure and run default reports. This works fine, producing a downloadable file. But how do you then re-configure to run the report again? The button has changed to "Run Report". Related, I...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The directions for submitting a Google Doc as an assignment on Canvas do not correspond with its recent update.  Are there new directions that I can share with students?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since Canvas had its update, my students have had trouble submitting a Google Doc as an assignment on Canvas.  I am not setting the assignment up any differently than I did prior to the update, but this is what a parent said that they had to do in or...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just took my first "class" on Canvas. It was on creating quizzes with the new quiz format. It was taught from 8 to 9 pm EST on January 14, 2021. After the class I went to the link to fill out the survey. There was another link to get the badge. I c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student, not an instructor. In MyCourses on Canvas, I created a group on the People page. I want to invite students to the Group. How do I do so?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When I log into Canvas it always opens on the inbox page, so every single time I have to click on Dashboard. It's not a huge problem but is annoying. Is there any way to set the Dashboard as the opening screen? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student, not an instructor. In MyCourses on Canvas, I created a group on the People page. I want to add students to the Group. How do I do so?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Greetings,Can someone please advise if the Speedgrader (or grading in general) is available in the Free version of Canvas.  I have checked the guides etc, but cannot find any of the features in the Free version - so am wondering if I am missing somet...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added prerequisites to a Module and students cant access the Module or the assignments in the module until meeting the prerequisite BUT they can access the assignments through the Assignment link in the course navigation which undermines the point ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I try to indent only one paragraph in a Discussion post (like a quote), it indents the entire post. I cannot seem to indent just one singular paragraph. How do I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a transfer counselor who is using Canvas as a continuous "course" that students can use as a transfer tool. Some of our students are on their way out and no longer need Canvas, so they dropped the course. However, they are still receiving our no...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,  I'm trying to do the following: https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/233/0/can-spreadsheets-be-used-with-lockdown-browser But the instructions provided by respondus are not specific to Canvas.   Has any...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, I used the Redirect Tool to place a incourse link but I misspelled the link title.  Is there a way to rename the link in the left side menu or better yet just delete it?  I can move to the hide column but want to remove clutter of misspelled ...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone in the Canvas community heard of or used software Area9 Rhapsode? Would you be willing to share your experience?  Would like to know how it works on the Canvas platform. Thank you in advanced. Sally Admin

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Teachers are getting the follow error message when students are submitting Google Cloud Assignments: I know Google Cloud will be going away soon, however, I'd like to know how to help my students and teachers from getting this error.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking to set up a custom course role for our disability support staff so that they can have access to course materials (published and unpublished) to expedite the remediation process for students with accommodations. We're currently using the s...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had duplicate assignments in SIS, so I deleted all from SIS. Then I did a re-sync with Canvas. The assignment was added to one class but not the other. I have refreshed and tried several times. I could enter manually in SIS, but I'm concerned that ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to create a question that has multiple answers available and students can select any 1 of the answers and be correct.  Here's the idea in context. We have a book list that kids can pick from to tell which book they read.  So they could re...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Gradebook is blank, how do i populate the grade i submitted in the speed grader to gradebook?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my teachers published her course. I am an admin for Canvas at our school, and through the admin account the course does not have a green checkmark showing that it's published. When I act as a user with the teacher's account, the course shows u...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to repost an assignment to a few students from S1.  I am in edit mode on the assignment. I click the add button to change the dates on the assignment and it let's me do that.   It will not display ANYTHING in the ASSIGN TO box so I am una...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher and I have students download worksheets, then submit them and annotate them before resubmitting.   When students use textboxes, sometimes I (and they) can see the text boxes, but other times I have to hover over the area to find their ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am in the process of designing a blueprint for grades 4 and 5 and I'd like to know the best way to integrate teacher access. My goal is to allow students to access one main page to get to all their subjects and allowing teachers to maintain the con...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  Is it possible for the students to see when there is an observer in the course? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies