Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I imported a quiz (QTI file) exported from another Canvas course. Each question on the quiz is supposed to "file preview" a document (a PDF) on which the question is based. When I open the quiz in preview mode, it works just fine; the documents appea...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Anyone having this problem the last two days? I was thinking it was just the power outages we had in our area yesterday, but today I'm still having the problem.I'm trying to sync grades for an assignment to our SIS Aeries in the usual manner that wo...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a question about lockdown Browser during test taking. My daughter has been accused of logging out of lockdown browser and logging back in during test. The teacher has accused her of cheating. I am concerned because this is the third time thi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm sure I know the answer but I just wanted to make sure before I inform my teaching staff. We are currently syncing to our SIS (Skyward) using the API.  This is occurring daily automatically.  My teachers have been sending me images of a "Nightly S...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was able to sync grades 1st quarter.  Now, it's not working anymore.  I am getting these errors.       Looking at the downloaded Excel sheet of errors, it's grades for 2nd quarter.  In Aeries, we are in Quarter 2.  But in Canvas, it seems like we'r...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I've made a master course that is entirely made up of Mastery Paths. All the assignments have been organized and linked as well as assigned solely to mastery paths. I've been making copies of this master course with no issues for other teachers so...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I gave an exam last week; students uploaded their work onto Canvas as an assignment and I graded them in Speedgrader.  Now, this week, 2 students' exams are missing.  Canvas says "this student does not have a submission for this assignment."  Their g...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get assignments that are tagged as Complete/Incomplete to get crossed off on the Student's Calendar? When the teacher grades it and marks it as Complete in SpeedGrader, it is still showing up as a To Do on the Student To Do List and it is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! Can we upload past trainings in Canvas and edit out the upload date into past dates for us to store previous trainings into your system for future reference? Example I want to upload a training module we used in January 2020, and edit out the ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a 4th grade teacher using nearpod as an external tool. I used to be able to see the nearpod report for each student in the Speedgrader frame, but now I just have a button that says "previewstudentPDF.php" and I have to download this pdf for each...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need help enrolling in a cultural competency training. I have the direct link to the course but everytime i try to log in and enroll, it will not let me. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way by which I can create an assignment for some students but not for others? For example, we want to allow students to only submit responses for 10 assignments throughout the course, but the students can choose which assignment to submi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally copied a YouTube video onto a Canvas page twice.  I just need to delete one of the videos.  I've read the Guide answers and can't get them to work.  Suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I contact my CSM or my Account Manager? As I have already sent emails to support and implementations. I was just assigned as my schools Canvas Implementation coordinator and admin, but am getting confused and lost. Please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not sure if it's because of the intity, but my ISD's instructure CANVAS doesn't provide the View Logyet My College's instructure CANVAS does.  Do ALL Quizzes (regardless of account) provide a student log of their quiz session activity?  A: It's a...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

hello i got my chromebook today and i cannot login to canvas, it says my password is incorrect , i ask them to send email and i dont know how can i access my email?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i start my class if it has no zoom meetings.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school district has recently integrated Edulastic into Canvas. One of my teachers created an Edulastic assignment in Edulastic and the assignment populated as an assignment in the Canvas platform, as it should. The problem is that when the studen...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

when I create a quiz (either new or classic) it asks for the total number of points in the initial settings.  By default that is set at zero.As I add questions the number of points available goes up.  If I then save the quiz i can attempt in student ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have my course set up with modules that are broken down by class unit. I unlock each module when it is time for the students to start that unit. Each module contains links to pages for each chapter within that unit. A chapter page contain all t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to generate a pairing code for a tutor that my child will be working with.  If we end the relationship with the tutor or switch tutors, how can I remove the tutor from my child's account? When logged in as the student I see a way to generate...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone tested whether there's a difference between student view and using an actual student account when testing mastery paths? From my experience and reading community posts MPs appears to be buggy and/or tricky neither of which makes it a featu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have the manual grade posting feature turned on and I post grades after I have graded the assignment for all students. But, when a student is added to my class mid-semester and I have to go back to add in grades for them, the grade is hidden and it...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get the Profile Bio section to become available for faculty to use as they build courses? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in desperate need of a syllabus for PHAR 210 Pharmacy Concepts, Techniques and Application -  8 week format.  My adjunct Instructor is new and has not taught this course before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!   

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I searched the forum and could not find an answer for the following question.   I know if I edit a quiz (old quiz), that the edits do not affect students that have already taken the quiz. My question is, however, if students get multiple attempts at ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The students who take the quiz can see both the questions and all the answer alternatives.The issue is that in "Quiz statistics" some of the answers are empty.  

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Cannot seem to type while recording in Canvas.  The recordings suspend or stop all together when I hit any of the hotkey letters.  Any fixes for this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies