Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

The students who take the quiz can see both the questions and all the answer alternatives.The issue is that in "Quiz statistics" some of the answers are empty.  

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Cannot seem to type while recording in Canvas.  The recordings suspend or stop all together when I hit any of the hotkey letters.  Any fixes for this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please help me get Google Docs tab back for assignment submissions!  I hid the Google Docs tab from showing during the great Google Assignments 1.3 jump, but now I need that Google Docs tab back.  We just hid it because we wanted to keep the ability ...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How I made a Report of the people connected in the conference and those students who have viewed the complete conference in BigBlueButtons

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy!I am not sure if this is a question that has been answered before, but I could not find a similar one. I created a "Question Group", and my FIRST Question in that Group was a "Text Only" description of the Problem (included tables, numbers, etc...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to generate a course access report for the entire class? Or can it only be done at the individual student level?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,I am an instructor trying to copy my exam made in New Quizzes into another course. When I do so, it copies the settings, title, and instructions correctly, but none of the questions are loading. I saved all of my questions to two different Ite...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I gave the annotations for the submitted pdf and leave a grade for them, but after that, the annotations just disappeared. Do you know how to save the annotations? Thanks

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, A few days ago I scheduled an exam for my online on demand Spanish course on ProctorU for today. I logged in today, got things connected and set with my proctor. But when he typed in the exam access code for the exam I'm taking (the midterm), ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am attempting to submit a grade for an assignment but for some reason they do not show up for the cells that are colored green. When I double click on them, it shows that they have a 100% but it just doesn't show up directly already like the rest. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I mark as Student as Excused in Attendance?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Using Canvas in Chrome results in random crashes. I can't detect a pattern as to when it happens. It happens on my laptop, but not my desktop computer, so it might be specific to the instance of Chrome on that machine. I've tried uninstalling and rei...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to spruce up my homepage with pictures with links to monday, tuesday....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey all, First time I am using canvas and I am thrilled to use it. My question: I want to delete a user's data within a course (module prerequisite progress) and they will start the course from fresh start. I tried to remove and add the user to the c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Currently, the discussions on the Discussion Index Page are "Ordered by Recent Activity". Can this be changed to ordered by due date?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently started teaching a course so I decided to use canvas to upload the material.Previously I was taking courses as a student on canvas, and when I registered on canvas as a teacher, my access to my courses as students was deleted.How could I b...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm using question banks to randomize the questions in each of my student's quizzes. Is there a way to use the points associated with each question in the question bank instead of assigning a point value when adding a question group?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I just found out when we used canvas-data-sdk in python to fetch files, we could only get several requests files, but all other facts and dimension tables were missing ( starting from 13, Oct and files count reduced from 155 to 45). Also, the rece...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have used "if" statements successfully in older Canvas quizzes, but for some reason, I have not been able to get New Quizzes to take this one -- IF(x-y,IF(1+(x-y)/ABS(x-y),-1,1),0) I just want my students to be able to identify if a trend is decrea...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to export my quizzes.  Two export. Two don't. HELP! PLEASE!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With the move to online, I am very new to Canvas quizzes (we only have the classic version available). How can I duplicate a question/test bank that I have imported into the course so that I can modify the copy while keeping the original intact? (imp...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to attach rubrics to exam questions to help facilitate open-ended question grading?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My computer cannot fully display the 'Submit File' pop up window(after clicking 'upload submission'), only the top half is shown, the bottom half is under but not able to scrod down, i can only upload google doc for now, cannot use text input i try o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Something has occurred twice in the last week that is a bit vexing and time consuming for sure. I have uploaded a number of files to a particular folder that I created in Files. All of such files are numbered. I'll provide the example of the most rec...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So, I took a quiz on canvas, I'm a hundred percent positive I took it, I even saw my score. Now it's saying "missed." I don't wanna take the quiz again (if my teacher would even let me) and I don't wanna miss it, because the quiz was an exam. Is ther...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! My name is Jamie Shegogue and I am a current sophomore in college. After speaking with a bunch of my peers, I saw an issue that I felt needed to be brought up. It has come to my attention that in one user’s Canvas profile, they are only allowe...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a free, not affiliated with any institution, account so I could make a website for a homework assignment and I need to make it visible to the evaluators so they can grade it. How do I do that? I have tried and keep being told to contact my ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I delete canvas visit history. I don't see any option on my canvas page. Thanks you in advance

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I have an ungraded assignment that is not due until next week and a -  shows in the grade book, is this grade reflected in the overall student's average that is showing in Canvas? I mean, is Canvas calculating this ungraded assignment that is not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I copied a template from a shared course into my own course, it merged with a module I had in there.  Is there an easy way to undo that or do I just manually move the content into a separate module?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies