Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Please incorporate a feature to indicate which discussion board responses come from instructors. We have a multi-instructor course, and I want students to be able to know which questions have been answered by an instructor versus a student. Thank you...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been working in a "template" or "blueprint" course before I import all pages and assignments into my real course. While working in the template course, I created an assignment page and then used the "External Tool" to create an Office 365 clou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There doesn't seem to be an option to do this. It's a course I've imported into Canvas? In other words, there is no option to "delete" or "replace" the image?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need urgent help I haven't been able to get any work done since yesterday because of thisfile:///C:/Users/HP/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%20(3).png

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have finished the activities, but when I click next the next page is unlocked. What is happening? this has happened constantly.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've seen a new-ish issue with Google's new Assignments (LTI 1.3) update. When teachers try to embed materials from Drive, particularly videos, they don't always show up for students. At the risk of having a "help me with my very specific problem" p...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Spoiler   I would like to individualise a self-marking maths question in a Canvas quiz. I know it is possible to ask Canvas to show the student a random number and get her to compute a result based on this and other data which is common to all studen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm creating a multiple answers questions (old quizzes). I want the answer choices in a particular order, e.g., I won't be randomizing. I added a choice at the end but I want to move it up the list, and it does not appear that there is any way to do ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I as an admin set up Lazy text for my students and instructors. I have activated the inherited key. But then what do I do?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I like multi-tasking my desktop, so when I'm answering questions on canvas, I tend to have canvas on one side of my desktop and maybe a music app, or google meet screen taking the other half. I was wondering how it is handled if you mouse over...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have to conduct a 2.5 hrs lecture and 5hrs laboratory every Monday for my online classes. On our first meeting , I was able to record and receive a recording of the first 2.5 hours last Sept 15. But the rest of my classes Sept 15 and 21, I did not ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course visibility is set as private and I want to make my course available to public view so that more and more students can take benefits of it, So please help me to set my course visibility as PUBLIC. To check out the canvas course link: https:/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello.I downloaded Canvas-LMS from AWS Marketplace. I want to use the new analytics, but it doesn't show up anywhere. I checked and it doesn't show up by default. It seems I need to set it up, but I can't find a place to set it up.Where do I have to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I had to fix a MC question after a Quiz was graded. I figured out how to change the answer to the correct answer, however, the Quiz Report does not reflect the change. I would like the Report data with the new information after the regrade. Will this...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a parent and my child is having issues with assignment submission.  He will upload an assignment and a few days later it shows that no assignment was submitted. He has found himself constantly redoing and submitting assignments. Please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My to Do list has many items listed that are over 2 weeks old and trying to clear them only prompts the message "Unable to mark as complete." These listed items are often not assignments, they are announcements and calendar notifications so there is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On assignments that I put in as Complete/Incomplete I would like to change the percentage/point value assigned  to incomplete assignments from 0 to 50%. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I copy an assignment from a module and just change it's content, the students can't submit their new project....is it because they already submitted in original copy?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason when I submit my homework the format is changed when my instructor looks at it and some times it does not even show up at all. Should I use another program? I use office word but it is online and not downloaded to my pc. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I gave my students an assignment using the Google assignment LTI. 12 of 14 students had no problems. However, one student got this message so was unable to access the file. "No preview available". Does anyone know why this message appeared and what t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So at this link: https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/assignments.html#method.assignments_api.indexIf you scroll down to where it says "An Assignment object looks like:", it looks like the Assignment object is a dictionary that's used to store data...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are only logged in with their Google Accounts, but this message in Canvas keeps coming up:  Log InYou need to authorize this integration in order to use it.Please sign in to your Google account and authorize this integration. When we c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm getting a "Request failed" error message when (repeatedly) trying to sync grades with Skyward. This happens often when the assignment is generated using an External tool (Flipgrid)Is there anything I can do to to facilitate syncing from Canvas to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a setting or way of indicating for some class participants (not all) that they do not have to submit specific assignments because they have passed those in a previous course. The course is live, so any solution should have the ability to ove...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I, as an admin, set passwords for user accounts besides doing it one by one. We are working on an SIS integration and through the test environment I was able to see the user accounts pulled into canvas. However, our younger kids (k-3) do not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a student who just transitioned onto Canvas and I wish that late or missing assignments were pushed forward to your To-Do list like it was on Classroom so I knew if it was actually submitted or not. I also wish there was one compiled to-do list ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I just gave my 2nd quiz. The first one I gave last week scored fine in gradebook as a percentage. This one shows as "0"s for every single person who took the quiz. I went back and checked their scores under "Moderate" in the quiz itself, as we...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

IVE TRIED TO REMOVE AN ACCIDENTAL OBSERVER FROM MY ACCOUNT FOREVER NOW AND I STILL CANT FIGURE IT OUT. I HAVE CONTACTED SUPPORT THROUGH CANVAS AND THEY TELL ME TO DO API CALLS AND STUFF LIKE THAT BUT I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE TO TYPE THESE API COMMANDS OR...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to increase the width of "classic" quiz windows? There is a big discrepancy between the question development display and the student display. To begin with, I usually work with my screen at 80% zoom so that I can see more on my lapto...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My canvas account is saying that I have duplicate assignments and therefore won't sync to canvas.  I did find a couple of repeat modules but they have been deleted.  Still won't sync.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies