Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi Everyone!I'm very new to Canvas and trying to figure out an issue with Zoom.I scheduled recurring meetings since my district is Hybrid and we have to go live every day with the Cohort who is home.  I had no issues scheduling, BUT, only one of the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a "trash" feature in the Canvas Inbox in order to find messages that were deleted --not archived? or a way to restore deleted messages?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Yesterday, my own course kicked me out as a teacher. I can no longer see the course on my dashboard or Courses list. When I use the enroll link to access the course, it registered me as a student. My students still can see the course. I just c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,assume that I have set up a module with the following items: A text file with instructionsB assignment [submission required]C text file with feedback on assignment [view required]D additional text file with supplementary materialI then use the Stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had this same problem last semester, but for some reason, after I submit an assignment sometimes it will show that I haven't submitted anything and I am not sure if my teachers see my submission or not. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my Canvas course, I set up a template for weekly lesson flow and I'd like to repeat that each week.  How can I copy the template in the module and then just change the content by week accordingly?  I can "duplicate" each assignment, but I can't fi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Issue:Safari failing its preflight CORS check on cached images, where the image src is a redirect (Canvas Instructure URL redirect to an AWS S3 bucket).To duplicate:1. In Safari (v13.2 with file caching on, Desktop or iOS), Go to site https://cidilab...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Is there a way for students to double space when they submit a document in Assignments? They say they even copy and paste a double-spaced response, but it reverts to single space. Is the only option to upload a file if you want it double-spaced?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our district has stated that students should not be seen on the video recordings of live lessons. Is there any way to make sure this happens while still allowing students to share their webcams during the lesson?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a student download their assignments into a daily or weekly report? If so, how can this be done?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am an English instructor. Every semester I import my previous course into my new one. Of course I make changes from time to time, but I keep most of the same material. Every semester I have broken URL links or files will not open for student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why when I am using Speedgrader in "grades" an error pops up and says to "Select Student Group"?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who submits assignments but they are not showing up to me ( the teacher). Anyone know how to fix this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, I've used both your Classic and New Formula-style Questions in Canvas.  I'm a finance professor, but like many math, science and engineering professors (and especially in an attempt to minimize cheating), I like to ask 'numerically dynamic' pr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a page and publish it, but set it so it won't be available until a certain date/time?  I know assignments can do this, but can pages?  If not, they need to add that feature.  Stressed teachers don't always remember to publish...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I know I can direct share assignments/pages with other teachers, but sometimes, in the chaos that is school, I cannot remember if I've sent things or not.  Is there any way to see what I've already shared?  Sort of like a "Sent Messages" file?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like students to be able to retake a quiz I created in New Quizzes, but only after completing other assignments in the module that weren't required before taking the quiz. I know I can set requirements in modules but those only affect what ha...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I am hoping I can get some help on a project in canvas to help record skills assessments. I am a teacher and teach my entire nursing class from beginning to the end. I do not have a lab assistant either.   Many of our programs at our sch...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When attempting to export from Grades in some courses, I'm consistently getting "Gradebook Export Failed: Error exporting gradebook: Unexpected error". If I attempt to export again, I get an error telling me the export failed because an export is alr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher that is creating a content page with links to a PDF.  When in the edit screen of the page everything works and looks great.  I can verify that neither the link or the file are corrupt and open in-line as expected.  However, when we c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why doesn't daily summary in notifications work? I get multiple emails per day from the same class. Whenever a grade is posted, assignment given, etc. Summary means one email with everything. Why does it still act like I have notifications set to imm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working with an instructor and she said that her appointments in the Canvas calendar are automatically canceling for some unknown reason.  She is using the standard calendar process of Course Calendar > Create New Event > Appointment Group.  It's...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to re-order or move a quiz to the bottom?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Graded student work is showing in gradebook history, but not in gradebook view for one course.  The gradebook shows the dash/unsubmitted symbol. All other course gradebooks are fine.  Assignment setting are appropriate.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have integrated Zoom into Canvas, but it says "ZoomProd" in our navigation toolbar for staff and students to see. In all of the videos and tutorials I watched, it always says "Zoom". Why would it say something else? Does anyone know how to fix thi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wondering if there is a way to create an assignment and have it apply to multiple Assignment Groups.  Our district uses Infinite Campus and standards-based grading.   There are some assignments that cover multiple standards.  For example, essays...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where does the root admin add badges for all the teachers in their institution to use in their courses?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When giving multiple attempts on a quiz, what do the students see on their end AFTER the first attempt at the quiz is made? What "button" do they click to start the second attempt?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do several assignments daily with my students, so I'm looking for a way to hide or archive the ones from a few weeks ago. Even with only 3 weeks of assignments, linking to the newest one is getting pretty complicated since I have to scroll through ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a instructor setting up a quiz under New Quizzes.  I can't find a simple feature that existed in the original version.  Originally under "Set Quiz Options" there was a checkbox entitled "Let students see the correct answers" followed by boxes en...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies