Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Does anyone know of a way for students to upload their file submissions in multiple modes simultaneously?  Specifically, I'm asking if there is a way that my students can submit their assignment in two parts, one as a File Upload and the other as a M...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am needing to replace a lead teacher midsemester for a canvas course (and Powerschool SIS) with PowerSchool grade pass back established.  Our courses and enrollments are sis-synced.  The previous teacher had created assignments that were posted to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!   I am working to add the deadlines and I get a message that reads "The due date cannot be before the lock date" in all modules. The only thing I am modifying is the due date. ??   Thanks for your help!

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a set of individualized questions to use in an unsupervised online exam in the form of separate documents, one for each student taking the exam. These documents I will attach as files to unique questions which I will, in turn, put in a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

have an almost High Schooler, and a rising middle schooler. We use Canvas for school, but the school DOES NOT support the app at all. so we must have access to the internet at all times to check what homework is due when it is due. IS there an iphone...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

By switching to the Hebrew keyboard on my pc I can type Hebrew consonants, but the usual approach to adding vowel symbols doesn't work. (In Word and Google on PCs, you can add vowels with cap-lock, holding down "alt" key, then typing symbols from the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem on Canvas. I have students who turn in work and it is not graded, but Canvas is giving them zero credit for ungraded turned in work. For example, a student turned in three assignments. One i...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I'm new to Canvas and can't seem to access my courses.  Under All courses it reads "You are not enrolled in any courses." And under future enrollments, it lists all the classes I am registered for at my institution. Some of them read "published"...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I make a copy of a course, is the discussion board from the original course connected to the copied course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All! I'm trying out conversations api & I want to send a message on behalf of another user, like a faculty member, to a student.  I read somewhere that I could use as_user_id = sis_user_id:12345  however my formatting must be incorrect because kee...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, I have read multiple posts and cannot find a clear answer. If I ask canvas to pull say, 5 questions from a bank of 10 questions for a new question group in a new quiz, how to I make sure that Canvas does NOT pull duplicate questions from th...

• 0 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I use desmos a lot as a visual tool for teaching basic math skills for students who have not mastered them by high school.  Since the process of getting an answer is equally important as the answer, I really want students to submit the url of their w...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, At our college we are just adopting Canvas, so I am a new user. At the same time, we are implementing a new assessment program (regime?) college-wide, and I have taken on the role of coordinating the English and writing programs' assessment ef...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I copied my course over from last semester. Fall semester is over so all the due dates etc and enrolled students are gone. I know I copied it correctly.  BUT - about 30% of my assignments came over will not unpublish NO matter what I do. It tells me ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Using the free version of Canvas, I somehow gave myself student and instructor privillages. Is there a way to remove the student (see attached).

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, the documentation on how to record and attach a video or just upload is very simple and easy to understand. My problem is that the Record / Upload Video button does not appear under any circumstances in the editor's toolbar. Can someone explain t...

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello, At our college we are just adopting Canvas, so I am a new user. At the same time, we are implementing a new assessment program (regime?) college-wide, and I have taken on the role of coordinating the English and writing programs' assessment ef...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am needing to replace a lead teacher midsemester for a canvas course (and Powerschool SIS) with PowerSchool grade pass back established.  Our courses and enrollments are sis-synced.  The previous teacher had created assignments that were posted to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The  new student view of assignments with online file submission does not render MathJax. This does not occur when the submission type is paper, as the new view (which is hard to see in my screen shot) does not activate in those cases. I checked the...

• 6 Likes
  • 13 Replies

In our discussions we require student's to embed a Google document as their discussion post. When grading in Speed Grader, the embedded doc is so small and you have to scroll left and right to be able to view the contents of the document in full.Ente...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi allReasonably new user here.I have set a Quiz, and corrected, student results are hidden as we are at Semester end.The grades are not showing up in Modules> Grade section, preventing me exporting and inputting them into my colleges Web for Faculty...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,in preparation for the upcoming semester I have a professor who in the past before using Canvas had a class that was split between upper and lower division with different assignment requirements.  The upper division students have an additio...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Canvas Community! I'm looking for a solution, possibly an LTI or third party app integration that adds a feedback button at the bottom of every page in a course. Similar to the Canvas community pages, each page is equipped with a feedback butto...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Canvas Community! Is there a third party LTI out there that creates an Instructor page based on the Teacher enrollment of a course? This would take all the users with Teacher role and create a page with that particular teachers' Canvas profile....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,Thank you in advance for your help and please let me know if this is the wrong board or if the question has been posted elsewhere.I have had an instance where a student has logged in and launched a quiz from two different devices. The issues i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I've been working with canvas for the last months. Today, I've created a new course and I want to copy one assignment from one of the previous courses into the new assignment. Based on the documentation it's not a big deal, it's a feature alrea...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas auto iframe an external link (not the external link I provided for this assignment) when a student opens an expired assignment in a course.Help me, pls.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After I assign a quiz to my students, I always go through each student's quiz in 'Moderate' in order to give partial credit when it is deserved (and not coded into that question type).  It seems that the updated grades (let's say a 30/40 that is resc...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm sorry if my next few questions seem simplistic - I can't seem to be able to get anyone to answer them for me, including the online/phone Canvas support people. 1) I'm pretty new to Canvas and trying to make it work with new classes starting soon....

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There is already a grade sync job running, please wait for that job to complete before you schedule another grade sync job.   What does this mean and how do I get it to stop. It's been saying this for 2 hours and I only synced one assignment as far a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies