Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello Canvas,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a link (for example in a page) to a whole folder of resources rather than just an individual file?Many thanks,Lisa

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could you please add an option to schedule the time of the release of an email in Canvas Inbox.  This seems like a pretty reasonable request considering the options that we have in this platform.  Thanks.

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all, I have a question regarding the respondus lockdown browser. I am using this in conjunction with Canvas for exams. While taking an exam with the lockdown browser (I am not using the monitor to record them), are students able to login to Can...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I was asked about integrating Trello into Canvas, which looks like it did work at some stage but the app is no longer available?  Is this correct and are there any other Project Management tools, such as Monday, Asana etc that have an interfac...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas color-code (green is the default for resubmissions) resubmitted discussions in the gradebook?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Home Page 2nd Grade Elementary Curricular Courses, students are clicking World Languages - SALSA to content in a different course. I keep getting this email error, but there has never been a link here. Can you please tell me how to fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello All, I have a course showing the total column in the gradebook with the score percentage and the letter grade. The faculty member wants just the percentage showing and not the letter. It used to be that one can just select the total column and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When another teacher shares content with me and I have exported the content to my class, let's say I go back and make any modifications will those changes affect the teachers content? Will any changes that I make transfer to her content?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using SCORM packages imported from Articulate Rise and added to Canvas Modules.  Because we also use Catalog, I have to set module requirements in order for Catalog to track course completion.  I am trying to find the best settings to work with ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a common problem--a student assigned to a group does not do the work and thus should receive a "0" for the group assignment.  If I use Canvas Speedgrader for the group grade, then enter '0' for the individual in the Gradebook (and click missin...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community,One of my teammates is trying to sync her grades from Canvas to Skyward (We're first year users in 5th grade). A quiz from September will no longer sync and is greyed out. When she selects Sync to Sync Grades, the title is grey...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I make the scores for an exam (created with Respondus) visible to my students, while assuring that they don't have access to the questions and answers. I'm happy to talk to them individually about their answers, but I don't want to set up a si...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas Community,Is there a way to disable students emailing one another, but still able to email the instructor, in a Canvas Course Shell?Please advise,John SpencerMission CollegeSanta Clara, CA.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a quiz.  When going to the Speedgrader to access student's grades, this is the message I get:  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a Quiz I am linking to several Question Banks that I have created.  One of the Question Banks does not show up "linked" in the Quiz and is there for "not counted" - so my point total is 90/100 instead of 100/100.  Why would a Question B...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, I had a midterm associated with a particular rubric, with the midterm graded using this rubric. Then, I clicked "Show Rubric" in the midterm page, and accidentally clicked on another rubric, which seems to have associated that rubric ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to pull all assignments via Jitterbit tool using API call. What is want is to pull all users first then see the courses a user is involved in, then fetch all the assignments submitted by that user for each individual course.  The url to c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When you add a Google Doc as an external tool in a module--not part of an assignment, but just a link in the module.  Does that make a copy for each student?  Or is that just a view only copy?Thank you in advance for your help.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Is there a way to increase toolbar options.  I am trying to make my assignments appear more eye catching such as changing fonts and background color, yet my toolbar is limited. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to request for the status functionality (none, late, missing, excused) in the Canvas Teacher app?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for teachers to run a missing assignments report for an entire course?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't seem to find any information on pulling reports from Canvas inbox conversations? Is there a way we can generate conversation reports for individual users? 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I have been using roll call attendance with all of my courses in canvas. We are starting a new term and I would like to continue to use roll call BUT I want it to reset so that attendance in the previous quarter does not affect this quarter's gra...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do you have any idea if we are able to disable the “reply” option on annotated comments in Canvas? For example, let’s say a faculty makes any sort of annotated comment on a student’s paper in the speed grader. There is a “reply” button on each of tho...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to track if announcements are being read on Canvas? If so, how can this be tracked? Can a counter be added? Can I see who is viewing it (and how many times)? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I found a post from 2015 where Pixton Comic maker was listed as an EduApp that could be added but I can no longer find it in the list of suggested apps. Does anyone know if Pixton is still supported for Canvas integration? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My highschool is set up on a semester grading system (q1 and q2 grades average for a final grade at sememtser). How can I get Canvas to continue a student's grade at q2 instead of "starting over." I need q1 and q2 gradebook to average.  I want to avo...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am participating in Edgenuity's new teacher training & am unable to access Modules 8 & 9. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any hope that Learning Mastery Gradebook would be able to share that information with Power Teacher Pro? If you are using Standards-based grading, Canvas, and Power School, how are you making them all work together? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies