Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I teach math and have been unable to superscripts into answers, e.g., x squared.  it will accept exponents in questions, but not answers.  Any one know how to do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student who just transitioned onto Canvas and I wish that late or missing assignments were pushed forward to your To-Do list like it was on Classroom so I knew if it was actually submitted or not. I also wish there was one compiled to-do list ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wanting for a quiz to redirect you to assignment depending on the grade you got on a quiz. I have seen other teachers do this before, but don't know how to do it myself. Is this possible, and if so how do I do it? My role on canvas is a teacher...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to give a one-time participation grade to my students at the end of the course. I can't figure out how to do this-- if  i create an Assignment it asks the student to submit something. I'm sure it's an easy task-- can anyone help? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I wish to set up an online test wherein I intend to have 10 groups of questions.  Within each group, I will have 8 to 10 sub-questions.  While I would like the system to randomly pick up four to five groups, I want to ensure that each group that it p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am using canvas as a student accessed in the submission of the assignments menu.I have uploaded several files through the comments section on the right side and clicked the media comment button. For those files, can I delete it? because I di...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to drop into an HTML editor in New Quizzes (like there was in classic Quizzes)? Failing that, is there a <code> HTML element available (not <pre>, because I need to embed small code fragments into running text)?Thanks much.

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way to give partial credit for a Numeric question in New Quizzes?Here's my specific example:(Prior problem context elided)Defining dynamic range as \(\lceil\log_2\frac{N_{\max}}{N_{\min}}\rceil\), what is the dynamic range of fp16?The corr...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just updated my Canvas teacher app today, and now when I grade assignments, the Google Slide assignments are not showing up through the app (I can only grade them through my desktop). I'm assuming this has something to do with the update. Has anyon...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I went to settings and imported a QTI zip folder from here: https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wmopen-spanish1/chapter/question-banks/. I've never used a QTI, but I understand that they must have a an imsmanifest.xml, and this one does. I wasn'...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are submitting an assignment (a paragraph response) that I would like to use for two separate grades, preferably with two separate rubrics. Is it possible to set this up in such a way that 1. students don't have to submit the assignment twic...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why does my canvas keep saying "The assignment you requested is not available in your course section" when I try to turn in assignments.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@CanvasDocTeam @CanvasDocTeamCW A student had made some collaborations in my Canvas course a year ago. Even when I hover in all 4 corners, I do not see any edit or delete buttons. This is an ex-student who I cannot reach. How can I delete these colla...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you cross list 2 courses when there are only students enrolled  in one of the courses?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas doesn't seem to provide an accurate total average grade for my student's quiz assignments. I have a series of quizzes for my course which are part of an assignment group. Some of them are extra credit. Following earlier advice to deal with Can...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm an instructor having issues with my students' assignments incorrectly being marked late on Canvas. Assignments that students submit through the Google Assignments LTI 1.3 are being marked late. It appears in Canvas the submission time is being re...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a teacher I have annotated the assignments. Can I now lock and prevent students from annotating? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I link a button on my homepage to a module in the new Canvas editor? I used to be able to click on the button and a menu came up on the right side so I could choose Link and then select the module I wanted to link to. Now when I click to edit ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can canvas please provide an easy way for my first graders to submit a photo of their work? All we want is for a camera option to appear and students be able to take a photo right there and submit. Video appears why can’t camera be added? It would ma...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two assignments that I'm not going to grade and don't want to show up in my gradebook but were Google LTI assignments, so I couldn't put nongraded for the grade displayed as?  I'm trying to change it now that the kids have submitted it because...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My gradebook disappeared after I deleted a section within my class...the grades show up in grade book history and all of my students show up in people.  I was trying to sync my class and I just added a section for my IEP/504 students so I could have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an issue with security. I am Admin on our School Canvas. I have a DeanDerran account showing up consistently on our school People section in which Hacker has posted "students" who come through our school account via a back door? It comes via C...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I delete a column from my grade book? There are quite a few that I would like to get rid of.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am trying to help one of my teachers with her grade syncing from Canvas to Skyward. We have done the following: made sure there were due datesmade sure the sync to SIS was checkedmade sure the assignment groups match the grade category in Sk...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to have the system generate values for variables in multiples of say 5 or 15, etc.? For trigonometry, multiples of 15 is often necessary.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I gave my students a peer review assignment. I had them leave general comments, but also use the rubric to give feedback.Now my students can see where their peers left general comments, but not the rubrics that their peers graded. Is there a way they...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are a private university and have our own institutional learning outcomes and also program learning outcomes which determine our course learning outcomes. Does anyone have experience setting these up in Canvas? I know how to setup outcomes...but s...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are signing up for meeting times that I've created for them using the Scheduler. However, if some students don't reserve a meeting time by the deadline, I want to be able to add a student to an open slot. How can I as an instructor do tha...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There should be an option to select Announcements and mark them as "Read" or a "Mark All as Read" option.   There are many announcements that I've read already from my email account connected to my Canvas account, so when I log into Canvas, I have to...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are getting emails from Canvas letting them know of my Zoom recordings and inviting them to join my Zoom Meetings. We have had a lot of students Zoom bombing classes so I do not want my Zoom invite information to be shared. I want my stud...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies