Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

On my Dashboard, the to-do list on the side is not present. The only tasks on my coming up list are for the one course I am TAing. My other 5 courses are nowhere to be seen. The only things on the side bar are the Coming Up and the Recent FeedbackI w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know my district has a license for turnitin.com, but it is not available in the options when choosing an Online upload for assignments. I also tried using the External Tool option, but got an LTI Error message.How can I integrate turnitin.com as a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to open Assignments in the Canvas Teacher app on my iPad, I get the error “Whoops! something went wrong on our end!.  Don’t worry......”  Other teachers in my department are getting the same error. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,I work for a university as an instructional designer. I have an instructor who has the grade percentage and the letter showing up in the total column. I have no idea how to turn off the letter grade part. I am not getting the option in the col...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had a powershell script working for creating users in Canvas, but now for some reason it is broken and I can not see why. I have added lots of debugging to check that I am actually getting the json data built correctly and it does all appear t...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a quiz and used 2 questions from the question bank.  They are not showing up for students.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On Canvas, what is the difference between groups and sections? I have one course with 7 sections, PK-5. I want to create an assignment for one section or grade. It looks like I have to first create an assignment group, even though my students are alr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My online class just disappeared entirely from canvas. I was taking a break from doing some homework and when I came back I couldn't view any of the material because I was unauthorized to do so, I went back to the home screen and my course disappeare...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Okay, I know all the "basics" here, how to set up a timed quiz, and how to give a warning when the student is running low on time. What I'm asking about is the nature of that warning. Currently, a tiny pop-up appears for five seconds. If I've got a s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have added an "External Tool" item in modules to integrate STEMscopes science. Our students have no problems accessing their STEMscopes from a computer; however, when they try logging into their account from an iPad they get a message that states ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the best way to duplicate a quiz within the same course so that you can alter a version for accomodations?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made images on canva.com and uploaded them to Canvas to "decorate" by page (they are PNG files).  When I view them, they load.  But when students view them, they look like ugly links.  See the screenshots below.   Is there some way to fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am using a non-point rubric for an assignment that students revise and resubmit. In SpeedGrader, I filled out the rubric with extensive comments for the original assignment submissions. When students resubmit the assignment, will my rubric ratings ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using Canvas for several years, never had this issue. All of a sudden--it was just working earlier today--I cannot access any of my content on Canvas. I can log in and see my dashboard. I can enter my classes from the dashboard but then a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an "out of office" for "Auto Reply" feature in the Canvas messages so that I as the teacher can communicate to students and observers when I'm out of the office?  If not it would be an incredible useful tool to have.  

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone tried to make a test off of Examview test bank for Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology 10th ed.? The test exports fine and seems to import OK but there are no answers for any of the questions and if I edit them they are all Essay wh...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get the mathquill equation to enter in the text for a quiz or an assignment to be entered into the field via LayTex?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was testing this feature with a preview it seemed that to make a new attempt I had to preview again, which resulted in the problem having a different randomly chosen variable in it.  How can I make it so the student gets another chance with the sam...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,As a parent, can I send a message from my parent canvas app to my child on their student canvas app? I know I can email their teacher but can I send a message to them?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for an SMS software that I can integrate into Canvas. Does anyone know of a good one that I can use.   Thank you  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I needed some tips on managing large classes using question banks, groups, randomizing or not..etc.  What is best? why? 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can they see if i reported their DP? Its gone now from their profile i cant see anything. Im worried they might fail me!m for accidentally reporting their pic!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a middle school teacher. I have an issue with my module navigation buttons (previous and next) at the bottom of assignments. If I place an assignment in the middle of a module, after my students complete it and submit it, the buttons disappear. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does a teachers setup canvas for substitutes?  For example, sub plans, teaching activities, materials, etc. How does the substitute teacher get access to the lesson plans, materials from the teacher?  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a report that runs every four hours to update our Canvas account but for whatever reason today when it was processing the batch files it became stuck and now reads "2 batches waiting to be processed." Has anyone seen this and if so were they ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a college student who is paid by the university to assist my class.  He cannot get access to Canvas as an observer because there is some magical button clicked that doesn't allow someone who isn't in our district to get an account.  How do adm...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am assisting an instructor experiencing the following issue with the Roll Call Attendnace LTI in Canvas:The Roll Call Attendance Assignment grades are not syncing6 class sessions have been marked so far and no grades are populatingThe setting...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just had one of our teachers come to me because the comments she had made in Speedgrader showed up in Skyward after she synced the grades. This has never been the case before, and is not necessarily something we want to happen as many of our teache...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I'm seeing a lot of similar questions are marked as solved, when nothing is solved here!I am having to manually make grade adjustments rather than letting the system run because of unintentional submissions/issues. I allow two attempts on my assignme...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Supposedly, FlipGris is "integrated" with Canvas. I AM able to post FlipGrid assignments, but they are not showing up "embedded" in a Canvas Page (have to use the "open in another window" option to get it to work. AND it is not integrating with the S...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies