Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am getting an error message when I sync grades through Canvas today.  Is this being fixed?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 3 teachers in my building with the same general issue students are getting the rocket ship icon that says "Sorry, something broke"-all are media submissions-all are late-when the student clicks on the assignment it briefly flashes the assignme...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I remove an assignment uploaded incorrectly by a student?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When trying to take a survey quiz, the application gives a "Page Error" when a question is submitted. The information looks unsaved at first. However, when the page is refreshed, it routes to the survey overview page and it displays that the survey w...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once I’ve clicked on a course in dashboard and I get to its main page I have a list of menu options to the left. I’ve dug up some tutorials that show “assignments” and “discussions” listed in that menu but I don’t have mine showing there. I have to f...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I regrade a quiz after I have changed an answer in the question bank for that quiz? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to duplicate a calendar event for weekdays only?  I have been duplicating but then have to go back and delete Saturday and Sunday!  Sorry, I'm new to Canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created peer review groups and I'd like Canvas to assign peer reviews within each group--so group members will be reading one another's drafts. How do I do this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to compile the submissions for a short essay assignment to provide to the management team. I can download the submissions, but they download into a zip file and each submission is an individual .html file. Other than copying and pasting each i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I click on "sync to SIS" in my gradebook, a window pops up asking which grades to sync.  After I make sure everything I want to sync is checked, I hit sync.  Then a window pops up that says, "Click here to View Progress".  When I do, I am taken ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think I must be missing something...  What's the point of "Everyone else" as an option when assigning a quiz or assignment?  It only pops up if I have typed in individual student names or clicked on individual classes.  So it would say, "George Clo...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are in the middle of setting up Canvas ALLY for Stanislaus State, and part of the support we want to set up is a team lead by a supervisor (myself) and a group of student assistants to support remediating content for accessibility. In the "Ally Re...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How would i enter the quiz questions from an older paper quiz into canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I reviewed a bunch of work my students did via the Office 365 "External Apps" function. I made comments that I wanted them to read to improve their work. But my students tell me that when the view their work via the Modules page, they do not see my c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

SpoilerIs there a way to block students from viewing the feedback on assignments until after the due date? This way, I can grade assignments as they come in, but I want to stop the early-birds from sharing my feedback on their assignments with studen...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  I want to use variables in the stimulus. Is this possible? More detail: I have over 100 students and want to give each student a balance sheet with unique values to them. I will then use formula questions to ask about their balance sheet. Is thi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We created practice assignments at the beginning of the school year so that our elementary students could practice the different submission types. We did not think about it showing up in the grade book. We would like to remove them from the grade boo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! My students have a homeroom landing page that has links to their subjects. Is there a way to hide the subject courses off their dashboard so they always enter through homeroom? They are getting lost with so many courses on their dashboard. Thanks...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It has become apparent that many of the administrators in our district are not knowledgeable about all the wonderful applications that teachers can use in Canvas, either because of time constraints, being overwhelmed themselves, over cautionary, etc....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am looking for software that can integrate with Office 365 & MS Outlook. There must imply a tracking method and simple to use the analytic dashboard where I can review all the records and all the presence in one spot. I have got a demo from a s...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! I had my students complete an assignment using Kami, but through Canvas assignments. I would like to download each assignment.  However, I do not see the "download submissions" option in the dropdown menu.  I looked through assignments, and I ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone ever experienced a white screen after a Google Form is submitted? After the form is submitted the screen will turn white, and then it will ask students to redo the assignment. I have had several students, but not all, have this problem thi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,I made a stupid, stupid mistake trying to fix an issue in a quiz, after students had already started taking it, and I pressed "cancel" so my changes wouldn't save. When I went in and tried to edit/preview it after hitting "cancel," I saw that ...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

An option for configuring user avatars provided by a remote web service should be made available. ID photos are provided to other SaaS solutions in use by our institution through a web service hosted here. The web service allows ID photos to be retri...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can see student actions, which is participation, but this could simply be the student moving back and forth through the quiz, I imagine.Is there analytic data that would indicate that a student used another device, for exp, their phone, to look up ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! Is it possible to set anything else than 100% to complete a quiz? We would like to set a limit of 75% to pass/complete a quiz but can´t  find a way to do this.  Sincerely /jonas k

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas keeps scrolling back to the top when I'm grading in Speedgrader.  It happens after I highlight something or use the "Pen" to write something. After I finish, it scrolls back to the top of the paper, and I have to scroll back down to get back t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since yesterday my second period links to my live class have been missing from my calendar and there is no way for me to join my classes. On the right hand side, where it lists all your classes, my second period is greyed out. I am still able to acce...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I stop some one from downing, or copy info from this site

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Year 12 canvas course has set dates from September to September the following year. How to Rollover this course so that the dates are updated by one year ??. This seems beyond just clicking the checkbox for changing dates. As admin at my school ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies