Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I use a USB headset to talk with my students.  If I show them  a video (YouTube) from an embedded web link, they are unable to hear the audio.  When the video is finished, my students are no longer able to hear me.  I can exit and reenter the audio c...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

The inefficiency of moderating multiple quizzes for multiple students should have been addressed in the original quizzes structure years ago. So before a moderator jumps in and tells me to contact my university to enable New Quizzes, don't bother. Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My first assignment is to do a video introduction.  I am not familiar with canvas and the proper steps to post a video, can you please send instructions.  I have been on the help line for 1hr and 30 min.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So my school is using canvas this year and I've been off and on it within the last few days with no problem on my laptop, but for some reason today when ever I click on anything on the website, it takes me to a blank screen that says (my school).inst...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and have been receiving multiple reports from students that they open a quiz and it auto-submits before they can even look at the questions. The deadline isn't until Thursday so that shouldn't be an issue. When I look at the studen...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the free version of Canvas and think I just posted a question on the wrong page. My apologies for that... I am using the free account for my middle school math class. I am trying to set up grading periods and have activated my grading sche...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I am fairly new to API world. But when I saw my kids online classes runs on Canvas and when read about APIs tried my luck to see if I can do something as part of my hobby. I was trying to fetch my kid's data from this api Get course level assign...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've seen seen several questions relating to this, but no really good answer yet.  Canvas doesn't seem to have a way to make a quiz add 0 points to the denominator of the final grade -- that is, to be a true, standalone, extra credit quiz.  I'm assum...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

can I undo deleting an assignment in gradebook? I lost a set of scores!!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey,  I know this has been asked before.  it seems to be a popular question I wonder if the team has made any updates to make this possible.  Furthermore, the post is always linked to a forum on how a student can download all assignment submissions f...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the past, it was possible (with effort) to make a site searchable with Google's custom site search (CSE):https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Question-Forum/Good-way-to-search-content-within-a-course/td-p/54460Is this still possible? The links from ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm not sure what the benefit of having a Page appear on the Assignments Index is. It's a misnomer of sorts because it's not an assignment but simply a page that's part of the mastery path. I'd be curious to hear if I'm not seeing the benefit somehow...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a table. How do I now remove the borders without eliminating the written content within the cells of a table?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to sort classes by student in the Observer mode?    I have 2 students, we are all new to Canvas.   I would like all of Student 1's classes listed, then all of Student 2s classes listed.    Is there a way to do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have two students in canvas and their class buttons are mixed together, and likely will be getting a 3rd added this school year I suspect.  It would be much more organized if the Dashboard could be filtered so that I view one student and their clas...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an academic technologist helping a faculty member organize her Canvas site. We have a large class with 500+ students and 37 TAs. We are creating small active learning groups and would like to assign one TA per group. Is that possible? We have se...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you receive a verification code from zoom through you canvas mail?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I downloaded what i thought was a single section, but it was the entire year for a Community College.  I would like to delete the entire class and start over, but i can't find anywhere that I can do that.   Thank you, Mary Schulte

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've downloaded the Respondus Lockdown Application as a student of an instructor. However, when I attempt to access the quiz that requires the app, it notifies me that it has not been given access to my camera through the instructor's request. It the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone tell me of a simple way within Canvas to give students a quick guidance on which Browser to use when using Canvas. The main reason for this is due to Articulate Storyline projects not showing all embedded images well in safari, yet Chrome ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a new quiz. When trying to add to a module, it is not showing. I understand that new quizzes are listed under assignments, however it is not showing in assignments or modules. The quiz is published and the module does not have any requireme...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi y'all, I've seen similar questions to this but not this one exactly. When I'm using Speedgrader to record Media Comments, I can record the videos fine and even right click and save the videos to my computer, but the 'Save' button straight in the M...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As the new instructional designer at my school, I am also tasked with supporting users with any Canvas issues.  When I try to access the Field Admin console, I get an SSO error.  We use G-Suite to authenticate.  Do I need to log in with a normal acco...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The concept of SpeedGrader is good. But the execution is done rather poorly. To begin with, it is very stupid that one has to confirm each annotation and there is no reminder at all if you did not do so. Sometimes I graded half of the assignments and...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey there, With a free for teachers account, it would be great for students to collaborate in google slides. Is there a solution within Canvas?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey there, With a free for teachers account, it would be great for students to collaborate in google slides. Is there a solution within Canvas? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

During this semester, I will post assignments for students. And for some reason, I have to give more time for a few specific students on all their assignments. I was wondering if there is a batch way to create assignments for students with different ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

By default, student assignment files are zipped into one large directory, with the students' names prepended to the file names.  I am working with student assignments that consist of several files per student containing programming code.  I need to d...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to know before a quiz or assignment has been graded.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to be able to "reject" a student's assignment submission. For example, several of my 6th graders submitted a slide deck after completing only the first of five slides, so I want to be able to un-submit it back to them. Suggestions? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies