Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was "playing" around with creating a quiz and then once I understood, actually got to building a legit quiz. However, as I catered it to my needs, the  name of the quiz doesn't go with the content. How do I change just the name of the quiz itself? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an interactive grading process originating with self-assessments, and I want my gradebook to record only whether or not students have turned the assignment in or not. In another LMS I used "yes" or "not yet" as my grades. Can I do this in Canv...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use a labor-based grading contract in my class rather than numerical scores on assignments. I don't see how to use a grading scale in the gradebook in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I teach High School English and I wanted to create an assignment that is due on Friday, but that they start recording answers for on Mon.What is the best way to create a document/assignment that would allow students to work on the document Mon, and t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I had an issue with a course I designed where the TA's grades and comments both disappeared after students completed their peer reviews.  The timeline and settings were something like this: Students upload their submission to the assignment (...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to set it where I can type in all the possible numbers for each variable? I have a lot of questions where the numbers have to pair up correctly for the math to make sense, so I can't really use the random number generator, even if I se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to force a link placed on the Global Navigation to open in a new tab or window? We have the XML below:<lticm:options name="global_navigation"><lticm:property name="enabled">true</lticm:property><lticm:property name="windowTarget">_blan...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Before I ask for Roll Call to be turned on... Are badges assigned daily or does assigning once mean it appears every day? We are looking at using this feature for noting daily when a student is attending class in person or online, with a badge for ea...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recorded a conference using bigbluebutton. It showed up available to view so I clicked to view it. When I click to view the recording, it takes me a to a page the show both my face and my screen that I was showing at the time. But I could only down...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As the title says, my homepage needs a facelift. It's been the same way for a few years now and I need something to spice it up, especially now that so many of us are teaching online only based courses. If you can I'd prefer visual examples rather th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our Academic Support Center would like to be able to view all student Canvas accounts.  Is it possible to give them access to do this without giving them full admin access?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have embedded a Desmos activity into my Canvas course using the following HTML script. <iframe style="border: none;" src="https://student.desmos.com/?prepopulateCode=CLASS CODE GOES HERE" width="100%" height="500px"></iframe> This successfully embe...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, we just blueprinted a course that had a series of question banks included for the final exam. The blueprint create each of these question banks as an unpublished quiz in the new course shell.  This is confusing some of the instructors.  I went in...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded a page into the files. Now I want to link to it from the syllabus page. I highlighted the word, clicked the link button, the list of choices came up.  I clicked navigation and clicked files, BUT it does not let me choose which file. How do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, i would need more than 8 BOR at the same time (for Partner-activity...) - do you have a solution for the problem?GreetingsJudit

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After having watched a knowledge clip on Coursera. A quiz or self answering/poll immediately pops up. How can I do this in Canvas / with Kaltura? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I always find it particularly useful when I log back in an LMS I can continue where I left the course / module. Is that a possibility in Canvas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Is it possible to automatically generate rubric scores for outcomes we've pre-defined based on quiz scores without having to manually go through speedgrader? For example if a student receives a 30/100 on the quiz, they would then get a 0/5 on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone else solve this? I have 4 sections crosslisted into another section (bc that's how my K12 District said to do it). When I try to use SpeedGrader on a quiz, I can ONLY see students in the parent section. When I try to change it to another s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

The goal is to have all students/sections in one course receiving the same content.  The content would be created by one person and the hope would be that teachers would be able to deliver the content to their respective sections. What would be the b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used Canvas for 3 years, but for some reason this year, when I enter grades the next day they are all marked in red and missing.  They all have proper points.  Help!!  K

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, we just bought Canvas this Summer (before a bunch of teachers had the Free accounts) and we just were told that Powerschool does not allow grade passback back to PowerTeacher Pro.  Have any users of Powerschool and Canvas heard this?  Are you ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can TAs sign up for Course Appointments? Is this something that an be added?I have a graduate assistant who helps with tutoring, but still needs to sign up for time on one of our pieces of equipment in the studio (which is managed in this Canvas Cour...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a 2 in 1 touchscreen laptop (Windows 10) and I have been using OneNote for all assignments to be submitted on Canvas. My classmate is able to upload directly to Canvas from OneNote on her iPad and I am not able to do this on my laptop. Is ther...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I received an email asking if I wanted to merge my children’s accounts. Now when my daughter logs into her account it only shows my son’s name. How can I separate their accounts again?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a 1st grade student and we are relatively new to the Canvas world. In the previous year we experienced the multiple submission issue. When we needed to add multiple files or answers to an assignment it would ask us to "resubmit" the assignmen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we enroll the students directly to the courses without waiting for the students to accept or decline the invitation?I  tried the sheet "enrollment" but I could not figure out where I can get this datacourse_idroot_accountuser_idrolerole_idsection...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,   I have not been able to connect to Canvas using the API token tool.   I am an admin. I created the token through Profile > Integration > Tokens   I also tried through Developer Keys.   But in both cases I get below error. Any help would be ap...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our courses have not been finalized, but I would like to prep for the school year.  Once courses and schedules are set they will automatically be loaded into Canvas.  Can I work on a Sandbox Course and then transfer EVERYTHING (template, links, layou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know why the information for the students is so inconsistent in the various assessments? For example,

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies