Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I keep seeing this image in student view when I load in new images/graphics.Is this really what students are seeing?  I can see the image fine when I am in teacher mode.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I share a course, will all headers and customization be shared also?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a Graduate Teaching Assistant (co-instructor of the course), but I am unable to view the Sandbox Course created by the main instructor. Although he invited me, the Sandbox course remains listed in black font, and is not clickable (whereas for th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,Im creating classification task with New Quizz-tool. I have 3 categories in which the students need to add certain labels. The set-up is fine but I have problems with grading. I'd like the students to get 1 point for each correct label in a correc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The elementary schools in my district want to have one grade level page shared by all the teachers. In other words, all fourth grade teachers will have editing privileges and divide the work between them.  This “shared” page is apposed to each teache...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - my wife created her observer account but forgot the password. We couldn't find a password reset link, and after too many failed attempts, we got a message that said "Too many failed attempts. Contact your administrator," suggesting that her acco...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a module and added a file from my documents to it. I would like to add another activity, but I cannot figure out how to add another file

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ok so by mistake I downloaded the Canvas "Student" app and entered my credentials and it logged me in, but it has me as a student, which I'm not, I'm a parent. I realized I downloaded the wrong app then proceeded to download the Canvas "Parent" app. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a system administrator and a teacher.  We set up Cisco Webex through canvas so that the students can easily get into the correct teachers classrooms and be a part of the class.Most of the students are able to connect and get into the class, but ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Good day!Some of the courses that are still published are not visible anymore on the teachers' dashboard. The end dates are open and the courses are published.What would be the workaround for this? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE CLASS TIMES ARE FOR WHICH COURSE YOU TAKE?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and all my classes that rolled over from Powerschool are showing up in "Past Enrollments"  with an end date of 8/13/20. How do I make these courses current so I can create my course and have students be able to participate?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, Silly question, but I am hoping for examples of use-cases where our users and etc. would find benefit from course designers adding API endpoint attributes to HTML links in their front facing content. I am referring to something similar to the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have embedded a Google doc into an assignment that I have created using the external tool option instead of the HTML.  The problem is that when I log in to my child's Canvas account (he's also my student) and try to access the document (using Googl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need extract the list of students and teachers with the api but don't appears the sección and the rol. I am ussing /api/v1/courses/:course_id/users  and just can saw this:               "id": 3341,         "name": "fdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf",      ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to make a Scheduler appointment group that is over a long period time (i.e, every day for a semester) for office hours?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Within a single cross-listed course, I have 4 sections. As course director, I'm pushing common content to all four sections, but I want individual instructors to be able to post personalized contact information and other section-specific information ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I link a SpringBoard activity to Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a high school special education inclusion teacher. I am not sure how to add modified independent practice to the canvas page that will only be available to kids who need modifications.  Thank you for any advice you can offer! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to grade and annotate programs (ie source code) in the speedgrader. The format and indentation of the code are relevant. However, when the code is visible in the speedgrader the lines are wrapped in which appears a document in portrait fo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have just moved from Google Classroom to Canvas.  The one feature GC seems to have that I can’t replicate in Cavas is being able to view all student assignment submissions at once in a visual overview.  This is extremely useful.   I see that you ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Khan Academy already does what CANVAS does, and does it better, for FREE!  Why are taxpayers being gouged for this arcane, Byzantine interface? This is perhaps the most inelegant interface since DOS.  Save your district time and money. Use Khan Acade...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone confirm or deny what my IT department just told me: If I make links to files using the Canvas Office 365 LTI, then those links will no longer work when the course is copied over to a new semester and to new students. I am having this trou...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

because we are going all online, I am co-teaching lecture and lab biology with another instructor. I have a link for my office hour, how do I rename it to "Lecture instructor's office hour", so not to confuse students which instructor is the link for...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach 1st -3rd grade and am new to Canvas. I have my homepage set up with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade buttons. Within the garde I want to add a button with my students name so I can individualize their curriculum. Is there  way that only that student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teachers are looking for a way to do a graded survey DAILY without allowing multiple attempts. AKA..."did you watch today's video and complete the assignments" type of accountability check. We'd like to do it without having to copy and paste the surv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to limit the time on an essay, but ALSO use Vericite.  Quizzes can limit the time, but can't do Vericite; assignments do Vericite, but no time limit.  This is an asynchronous course, so I can't just open the assignment and close it after the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to create a link on page that goes to an assignment in a completely different course? I would not be able to copy the assignment or move the assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a 'cheat sheet' quick guide for parents ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have had this issue for a while but just assumed it would end up being fixed. I am a college student and my classes use Canvas for quizzes. Whenever I start a Canvas quiz, it automatically starts my time at 1 hour 0 minutes instead of 0 hours 0 min...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies