Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to show that lesson modules are completed on the student Canvas page or the Parent Observer Page?  For instance, a check mark or a faded out lesson link?  I am a parent of Kindergartner and 1st Grader.  Thanks!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created an assignment using 'External Tool' and attached a document from my Google drive. So when my students accessed it during my first period, every student got a copy and it worked fine. Since I teach 2 sections of this course, I copied this as...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all. I'm an instructor. I'm trying to create a calendar entry for a few hours with 15-minute blocks, allowing for my students to use Canvas to sign up for 1-on-1 time with me. When I go to Calendars, click the + button to create a new entry, it do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I return an assignment that a student submitted blank, for them to re do it? Do I have to delete it somehow and re assign it to them?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I need to put all assignments in each subject dashboard or can I just make buttons in my homeroom dashboard and place assignments in there?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Google Assignment integration is really great but needs some updates and quick before we lose teachers. What I'm referring to is the inability to duplicate a Google Assignment to multiple courses. My staff is very frustrated that if they teach tw...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've tried to find a solution to this problem in the forum in the past, but nothing works for me.I have all these students who've dropped my classes showing up in "people" as students still.  It's maddening since I use "people" to see how active my c...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to stop notifications from my Canvas inbox from flooding my school email account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i took a test that i posted in canvas as a test student. now i can not delete it and can not unpublish the quiz.  HELP!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a Canvas instructor.  I'm getting an error message that says I need to create groups due to the size of my class.   Where in the guides do I find how to do that, please?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a new instructor to Canvas. I created modules that were supposed to unlock for students on Monday morning. When my students log in, it tells them the modules are locked or there is locked content in the modules. I added the modules to their navi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently setting up the homepage for my Canvas classrooms this fall.On both my unpublished courses and my published sandbox course, I have no issues creating assignments and linking them to buttons on the home page.When I switch to student view...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created several Groups within my "People" tab to allow the different sections of my course to have their own homebase for discussion, etc. However, I've found that when you navigate to a Group homepage (by going to the "People" tab, then clicking o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I find a shell my teacher created for labs?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having difficulties connecting my google account to Canvas to upload material for students. I am using Canvas free site for teachers. When I go to apps add Google external app it requires a "Consumer Key" and "Shared Secret". I do not have eithe...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've created a short survey in google form and would like to embed it into an assignment. So I created the assignment and used the plug icon in the RTE to access the google drive (which I had already integrated with Canvas - i.e., it appears on the l...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am trying to write a quiz where the kids have a prompt/body of text and a set of questions that goes specifically with that prompt. I want them to have to answer the questions before moving on to the next prompt and set of questions. So far, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are using Canvas to teach our in-person classes AND our virtual sections during COVID-19 precautions.  We have students learning at home and in-person.  There are some assignments that students at-home are submitting that students in-class are eit...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We added New Quizes to the middle of modules. We set it so students must sequentially proceed through pages, then get a 8/10 on the quiz to continue and then do two assignments.About 10% of students get stuck on the quiz. The quiz grade is not seen i...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I imported a number of testbanks from a text book web site, and I may use them to generate quizzes for my students. However, they ended up in my "assignments" section and now appear in my grade book. They are "unpublished," which means (I believe) th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have Canvas as a student and as a teacher in the same  group (my administration made all teachers students in a faculty group). Is there a way to get different push notifications on my cell phone versus my ipad?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using an iPad, Teacher app to grade.I hide the assignment, but once I make annotations and enter grade, the assignment automatically un-hides which makes my annotations now viewable by student.  I want it all to stay un-viewable to student until all ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you build a tab with your lesson plans, which should only be Teacher/Admin facing - can Admin see it in your course without publishing that page or tab?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My dist is having teachers go through Canvas training by watching the module videos and submitting the assignments. Every time I submit, it says error. I think I'm supposed to be in the red dashboard, not gray. How do I get the red dash to show on sc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble with pairing codes. I have tested them with a student account and they will not work. It says invalid code. I am Canvas admin-I have turned on the observers role for self registration. 1. I have copied the pairing code as the teac...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Having problems getting into Zoom. 1.  I DID confirm registration.  Even looked back at email and tried it again.  Now, it says, "Registration Confirmation failed".  I've been able to get into my other classes without a problem. This is what happens:...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using the grade passback from Canvas to Skyward and 1 section will not accept the grade passback.I get a failure/Error message that looks like this: Failed to fetch grading categories for section "SCIENCE 7 VIRTUAL-08-Griffin" from SkywardERRORG...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i submit a assignment without a submit button?I can't do anything if i don't submit the assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I have created digital journals for my students to complete, and today was the first day of this and I have had the issue of the student accidentally deleting pages of the google slides. How can I help them get the slides back or reset the assignm...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to bring items from your Google Calendar into Canvas?  I have appointments with my students already set in Google Calendar and would like to have them integrated into Canvas.Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies