Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am trying to transfer students' submission from my Sandbox that I concluded because my actual course was finally created after three weeks into the semester. I was able to export the grades and didn't know about the exporting of submissions, so now...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am asking this question logged into the Community website using my daughter's credentials from her public school district.  As such, I needed to assign my name to her community profile and select the box that I was over 16. I have a parent/observer...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My Canvas account was originally created in 2017 when my son's language arts teacher sent me a link to join his class.  The role listed was student, but I did not notice that at the time.  Now, I am trying to observe my high schooler and it will not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sounds crazy, I know, but bear with me.  We have a group of faculty who use Roll Call for a daily attendance grade, but who are also tracking a daily dress code grade... on paper. The attendance tool along with the use of badges could prove to be han...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a unique situation were our Chemistry department is trying to coordinate make-up labs for multiple sections in the Scheduler (Appointment Groups) feature of the calendar. We have everything setup so that 8 students across any of those section...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm curious to know what tools might be available to school administrators and teachers to help them gauge the course / work loads for students?  As we have so many new users groups to Canvas as a virtual platform for Middle and High School, and the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The following idea was posted FOUR YEARS AGO and there seems to still be no movement on it. Hiding and Viewing Modules for Individual Sections Is there ANY plan to make this a feature? Now that so many k-12 districts are using canvas, and the fact th...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All of my other imported assignments are working fine, even for different periods of the same course. When I toggle my mouse over the assignment name, no drop down menu appears, so I cannot choose the EDIT ASSIGNMENT button. I want to edit the assign...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I registered to canvas and can't pair as an observer with my son because I think I registered as a student. how can I fix this problem?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Within the last couple days, I am not longer able to grade my Google Slide submission on my phone through Speed Grader.  Everything else Google related works, Google Sheets, Google Doc, etc.  Help!

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Every time I change my profile picture in blend, it uploads but i'm left with a transparent profile picture. Somehow, the gravatar pfp works instead.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm editing the syllabus of an existing class that someone else has set up. The column widths of the table are off. The 4th column with links should be big and the 1st & 2nd column with dates and names should be small, but the opposite is true. I'm v...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I place a link to our school's online catalog (and our eBooks) on my dashboard and share it with all of my students at once?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm working with a teacher who has experienced running out of disk space in studio.  She's wondering if there is a cloud based option for saving content. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,   I am an instructor trying to create a homepage which has multiple links to other pages. I want this to be visual however with images. However I have a slight problem in that the only way I can get the images to all be at the same level is us...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey, I am an instructor and I have several questions regarding the quizzes on Canvas: 1- Is it possible to shuffle questions randomly? 2- Is there any option to create a Canvas warning before the exam ends? stating for example "Do not forget your Scr...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all, I'm new to Canvas and I'm looking for a way to mass-enter (or even just quickly enter) the "missing" label.  I see that you can type "ex" in the grade box for excused but you can do "m" or something for missing?  I feel like that can't be. Th...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi all, I assigned a Quiz on Monday that one student did not take. I tried to edit the quiz to allow him to take it by assigning it only to him and by doing so I deleted everyone else's grades. How can I restore the rest of the class grades? I tried ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have several "practice" type assignments, many of them deeply integrated activities from an external publisher. We want the grades for these assignments to get pushed back to Canvas, and we want the students to be able to see their grades in Canva...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all. I teach writing at a university in Korea. Canvas is the online platform, but I can't find the DocViewer tool.Does this tool come standard with Canvas? Can I activate this tool?Thanks,rob 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,  I teach 7th & 8th grade Jr. High Social Studies. We just came back to modified in-school learning. I am continuing to teach remotely from campus. The problem is I have several students who had schedules changed and I unfortunately did n...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone had issues where google slide assignments are being created multiple times in Canvas (on their own)?  I'm not sure why it is happening, but seems to happen when having students create a copy of a google slide.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students completed an  assignment and total marks were set up to be out of 20. However, an error on my part, I need to adjust the scores to be out of  10. Without going into each students grades and changing it,  is there an easier way. Fudge marks f...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have three classes, all the same, and there is just this problem with one of them:  an assignment which is being graded is not showing up in the gradebook.  I have tried this and that but the problem remains.  All the other assignments show up okay...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher and new Canvas user. I assigned my middle school students a slide to edit, modify, and turn in on Google Cloud external tool. My students have gone through the process of connecting their school Google Drive to Canvas/have authorized t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am a student who is trying to access an interactive textbook for one of my courses. Whenever I click the link to this content, an error message appears saying, "This page has been disabled for this course." I have tried to access this page th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Direct Share is a good feature enhancement, but WHY not for announcements? If I want all of my students to be alerted, I need to cut and paste to 6 classes. Grrr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I accidentally auto-filled my grades.  Now, it seems, I can't revert back.  Is there any way I can fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assigned peer review for my students today and they were only able to write in the comments and the rubric sections. They were not able to use doc viewer to annotate and write on the actual document. Why is this and how do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Apparently, once a New Quiz question is "banked" into an Item Bank, outcomes can no longer be aligned to this specific quiz question. Based on a "work around" for this, I was told to create a temporary quiz, bring the desired question over to the tem...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies