Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

This guide page says that when viewing student progress, a module can be in one of three states: completed, in progress, or locked. However, I am seeing that the "unlocked" state is also a possibility. What is the difference between "in progress" and...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am able to connect and "authorize" google and canvas via settings and "other services". However, I still don't see my google drive when I attempt to search for files. Only my computer files show.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I assign a module in Canvas, is there a report that I can print that tells me which students completed it and which students did not? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear CANVASERS,Question,When I set the late assignment grade to 60 /100 . How will this work for assignments where 15 or 20 is the highest score... BTW you should have a HOTLINE.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I see that Modules and groups are two various means of organizing assignments - Can you use both at the same time, or have to pick one over the other, and are Modules the better way to organize your assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor, is there a way to enable speedgrader to notify me when students have edited a post so the I can grade their most recent edited submission or do they have to make a brand new post.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't link my course to Echo 360 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Each course I teach has two sections, "Live Section" and "Virtual Section" (Option given to parents due to COVID). Anyway, I cross listed them so when I add/upload files, students in both sections would get the same assignments, and I would not have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to figure out if we can create a course for each grade and then cross list 4-5 sections for each classroom in the grade.  If not, if you know of another way we can design Canvas so each grade level has one course with 4-5 teachers and sec...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a conference is there somewhere to add other options for the "Conference Type" drop-down? Currently it only has BigBlueButton and we have teachers that would like to use Google Meet.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you find the rubric and share with others?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The text notifications are great, they really are helpful to know if something is graded or whatever I've set it to message me about. But is there any way to have it use the same number every time? On IOS since it's a different SMS number each time i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access the videos that have been posted in my class modules. It just shows a blank area where the video should be. I have already cleared my cache and cookies and I am still have the problem. This is the session data link it gave me NWY0Njkw...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school district is doing a hybrid virtual/in-person model for some of our buildings. For virtual days, students have until 11:59p that day to submit their 'exit ticket' assignment. Currently, our instructors then have to wait until the next morni...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am integrating my SIS with canvas via API.  I have five buildings in my district and only want to import four of my five building students to canvas.  How can I omit a building's students from my import so only the four building's students come ove...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a courseware developer.  I've been writing SCORM packages, but now the trend seems to be toward Canvas.  Several customers need to use the package in Canvas, and most Canvas installations don't have the SCORM import ability.   I've got a Canvas s...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

An announcement that I made has disappeared. How do I restore it? When I click on the link to "how to restore deleted content" from previous users' questions, that page no longer exists.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I set Canvas to automatically assign peer reviews at an assignment deadline, but Canvas has so far failed to assign the reviews. Students are flooding my inbox asking why. The assignment due date is set for 8/25 at 11:59 PM and I've set Canvas to...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I create several different People Group Sets of different types. Within the GroupSets I created subgroups. How do I assign a homework (assignment) to ONLY some of the subgroups within a Group Set? The system does not appear to allow me to do this.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you upload a PowerPoint presentation that has embedded videos in the slides so that the presentation runs with all components?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I embedded my google classroom into my canvas. The links work on a desktop but when I the canvas app it does not work. It will link to slides in the presentation but it will not let me click on links that go outside of the presentation, like my distr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach AP physics and seeing my student's work is critical.  I gave a "quiz" with a file upload question that required students to upload their work.  First issue - they can only upload a single file.  If they needed a second page, they weren't able...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I received an email from an instructor that stated several of her students are unable to get the Google Drive Cloud Assignment to load in Canvas. It loads without ever showing up (see image below). Students have tried different browsers and logging i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a larger class that will need to be split and moved to twice a day instead of once a day.  Is there a way to split the current enrollment into the sections I create without having to re-enroll students in the course? Or will I have to assign t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are seeing this message come up when trying to download Zoom recordings from the LTI. Sometimes the download does begin after several tries. This is occurring in several course sites.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to upload video or image using the new rich content editor but there's something wrong.Firstly I couldn't find the "upload/record media" button as it does not exist I can see the only two options ( Course Media and User Media ).and if I up...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am embedding images into questions the usual way (by clicking the Embed Image icon, and uploading a .png or .jpg file). However, on my quiz yesterday a few students told me they were unable to see the picture. One student said: "the image would not...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are some my images on my homepage that I turned into buttons not showing up as images in the student view? When I edit the page, everything is in the format that I need it to be in, but when I switch to "student view" some of my buttons and bitmo...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have my modules linked on my homepage through buttons. However, when the student clicks on a button, they see all the other modules at the same time. Is there a way to hide the modules the students aren't using at that moment? I don't want to...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies