Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how do i add a hyperlink to the home page

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey does anyone in here know if Power School is no longer working with Canvas? I heard the grade pass-back connector was broken on the last update. Any ideas? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am wanting to create a page in Canvas that is more like a website. I want to make it for parents to search links and supports for behavior. Is this something I can do in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach elementary school and I'd like to know how to create and insert buttons on my homepage.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like create selected response questions with superscript and/or subscripts.  Is there a way to do that?Thank you,charles_piety@mcpsmd.org

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

1.How do I add a teacher to my canvas course as a student or observer -Just so they can look at my course.? I also may need to add a student that for scheduling reasons is not in my course. I know they won't be in course on skyward but I want them to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Adding files to multiple courses at one time.  can that be done

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just learned that I can embed Geogebra applets into Canvas, which is really awesome.I would like to create an assignment with this, and have students complete a task with the Geogebra applet. If I create an assignment with a Geogebra applet/task fo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have a Canvas Student Body course. How do I reactivate it for the 2020-21 year? I have admin rights. My first year of being responsible for this course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have teachers trying to add an external link to their lessons.  Is that something I have to turn on for them to be able to do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For example, on my homepage I want my kids to click the "Math Module" button that I have made. When they click the button I do not want it to be linked to a module, I want it to be linked to their math course so that it stays connected to my skyward....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set up a reoccuring meeting in Teams through Canvas? So can I have a reoccuring meeting every other day or weekly, or do I have to set up the meeting each time I want one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to allow someone access to view the course without being a student or a teacher, so that they don't appear as someone who would submit assignments, but could view the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of our instructors cannot see any modules.  Does anyone know why her access would have disappeared?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I have an assignment with multiple due dates (due to Rotating F2F), is there a way that we can see all students in the "assign to" window? It only shows a random selection of students (and not in any real order like alpha by first or last name)....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a student who requires both speech-to-text and text-to-speech to complete assignments. Does CANVAS offer those two features? If so, how do I enable them for him or her and how does this student use them --- where's the toolbar for them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does one go about getting a old class (2019-2020 School year) removed from the current dashboard? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

adding my assistant

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the Icon to match the day of the week from image in my course? This is from a template.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

when I use the rich editor and embed a google document, it is too big and ends up getting cut off, how can i fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete an app that has been added in my Canvas course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the best way to bring a module from one course to another course after the new course has started? I was asked to bring a module per week for an entire school year from 5 different courses into one main course. (Art, Music, Guidance, PE, and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like one of my team members to be notified immediately every time a particular assignment is completed. Is there a way to set up notifications for specific assignments, rather than all assignments? She doesn't need notification for every assi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I reset my password?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Needing to know how I can add another child as I have two. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you rename a course

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've entered 20 questions to be answered by the students for quiz 1 in canvas. Only 19 questions are showing up on the quiz and the point value in the grade book is 19. Why? Where did my 20 question go, I entered the same as the other 19? The same th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning-Our principal sent the following instructions to us, but I am having difficulty with how to do this and where to find "advanced options," "scheduling options," and "e-mail reminder." Have a great day! Thank youin advance for your assista...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  I am trying to figure out why I am seeing the other assignment modules (i.e. the columns showing ICTICT511, ICTICT509 etc...) when I am only trying to view one module for grades (i.e. 8. ICTNWK614....).I am trying to create a module for each sub...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies