Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

It takes me 20-30 minutes to log in and get to a class every day. To day it won't load at all and I'm stuck on a blank grades screen. It's not my internet as we just got a new modem and I'm standing right by it. I'm using canvas.rose.edu. Help?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I'm an instructional designer for a nonprofit that is looking to transition to a new LMS. The current LMS is EdApp and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to export a course developed in EdApp into Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just gave a quiz and discovered a bad question. If I delete the question now, will it automatically adjust the grades?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an entire course be duplicated but given a different name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We seem to be having students with trouble submitting assignments.  They try to submit and the submission comes through as blank.  Sometimes it submits after several tries, sometimes it doesn't.  Usually when this happens the completed assignment oft...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A 'Discussions' function in a module does not let students to post a question, the 'Discussions' function let students only to reply. Dear Developers, would be possible to use the IF statement to open discussion with a 'question' instead of a 'reply'...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There have been instances where students and teachers have had errors accessing Canvas. But the odd thing is that when asked what browser they are using, they insist that they are using Chrome while the Canvas database shows they were using Safari. T...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm enrolled in a late start online class. On my canvas the class is listed as not published. How can or where can I locate the start date of this class? Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am enrolled and on a waiting list for a online class. However I can't locate my enrollment status anywhere in my canvas account. Why and where can I locate this status in my Canvas? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas can track you when you create a new Virtual Desktop when you are answering a quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used proctorio to proctor my exams.  In the middle of an exam my student was disconnected due to poor internet connection.  WHen she re-enter the exam (with my permission) the proctorio was turned off.  I reached out to the Proctorio support and he...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My question is: Is it possible to use Adobe Spark to design content pages within Canvas? Could we pull the HTML coding from the created page in Adobe Spark and them paste it in the HTML editor of the RCE in Canvas? Has anyone done this before with an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my profile it shows I'm observing both of my students but on the dashboard i only see 1 child's classes.  How do i get to my other childs classes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just created a canvas account a couple of weeks ago.  My first time making an account.  Im a parent observer.  Then got my pairing code from my son.  I added him to my account that im observing, no problem there.  The problem I have is that it show...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,This is my first semester using Canvas and I am accustomed to Google Classroom. It's very different and I am not very savvy in computer-speak.  The issue is images and pdf's.  For some reason when I upload pictures, students can't see them and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Is there any way to give an extension for a quiz but with less than full credit for it? Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students took a Canvas quiz with a 50 minute time limit. It had multiple choice and short answer (essay type questions). One student says he answered some questions that show up unanswered on his submitted quiz. Some are multiple choice, some are ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,Has anyone else noticed that once in a while when they log-in, that their entire Canvas shell (everything) will be a light blue? Much like the blue that was featured in the most recent Screencast Update release?I noticed it over the weeke...

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have taught online courses for years. I was forced to switch to Canvas this year. It does have a clean overall design, but it is very limited in functionality. These are things that I need/am missing in Canvas that would enable my students to succe...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are submitting their assignments, but I cannot see their submission. OR their assignment submission come in hours later and I can't see their work. Has anyone had this problem before?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a question regarding the timer built into Canvas for Quizzes. Although this feature is very handy, it is only handy if students can see the timer as they progress and scroll down the page.  The timer shows up on the right hand side when they s...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my published course that has been going on for a few weeks, I want to add a new module and when I go to publish this it say, "You have changed the progression requirements for an active course. There may be students who have already progressed to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A campus principal is asking for a list of all manually created courses.  Is there a way to pull that in a report? TY!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I tried to upload my SCORM package it said "error in importing."  I was unable to upload the content.  Does anyone know what this means and how it is resolved?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,So we are having issues in that when Teacher A views her course gradebook history, she not only sees grades for assignments from her course, but also assignments and grades for students who are in her course and other courses. Teachers are not...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've had Canvas for about a month now, parents are starting to get connected as observers.  When they go searching for our district in the Canvas parent app, they don't find out district and are forced to type in our instance address.  Any idea why ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When an assignment is duplicated within the same course, are the two tied together?  If I modify the second one, with the first one also be modified?Likewise, when an item is copied from one course to another one, are the two tied together so that mo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I see what role another user has been assigned?

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello!I have created groups, and students are posting discussions on their groups page.  They also need to post to a full group (the entire class) discussion board.  Can this be done?ThanksNancy Webb

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instead of students going to every class to find their missing assignments, is there somewhere they can go to find all of their missing assignments? Sorry I'm really new.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies